Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 342691 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #600 on: June 17, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
The bottom line is that I've just seen too many contradictions and weird occurrences to believe that everything is as you say it is, Peach. It doesn't add up in my mind.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
OK!  Let's get back on topic.  :angel:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
I can't stand the suspense. Where did they put the finish line! I like the idea of Marina del Rey, but is that too easy a guess?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #603 on: June 17, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »
I can't stand the suspense. Where did they put the finish line! I like the idea of Marina del Rey, but is that too easy a guess?

Personally, this is something I would like to find out in Dec this year.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: June 17, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
If these people still complain why they aren't getting any spoiler, then the detectives might as well do not give any information AT ALL! :o :o :angel:

Okay, sorry TL, back to topic!  :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: June 17, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »

If I recall correctly, we didn't know last season either, even though we had at least three sightings in SF.  I remember Peach figuring it out just about the same time that CBS began airing a promo that showed Candlestick Park.

It's hard to believe that there have been no reported sightings in LA, but maybe they self drove from the airport and had challenges indoors.

I was also thinking that even though production was seen at LAX, the teams might have flown in elsewhere, like John Wayne or Burbank.  It would have meant convoluted flights from Seoul, but it could have happened.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #606 on: June 17, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »

If I recall correctly, we didn't know last season either, even though we had at least three sightings in SF.  I remember Peach figuring it out just about the same time that CBS began airing a promo that showed Candlestick Park.

It's hard to believe that there have been no reported sightings in LA, but maybe they self drove from the airport and had challenges indoors.

I was also thinking that even though production was seen at LAX, the teams might have flown in elsewhere, like John Wayne or Burbank.  It would have meant convoluted flights from Seoul, but it could have happened.

I have no idea where the race ended (good job CBS!! :jam: ) but end it did... and that gives us all about 6 months to figure it out!! :jumpy:

For those who think the fun is over....think again!

It is just beginning! It is a very recent thing that has allowed us to track the race as well as we do in "live time". Until a few seasons ago...almost all of our spoilers came days to weeks after the race had run...from not tweets and twitters but good old detective work...slogging through photos and blogs and reading travel sites  and searching for the littlest mention of something...that might lead to something else ...that might lead us to the spoiler. In some ways...that is still the most fun. Things turn up in the ODDEST places and ways. And what fun would it be if we knew every little detail right now anyway? We can now sit back, reevaluate all the info (and mis-info :lol: ) we received and start the real work. It won't come as fast and as furious as the last few weeks (thank goodness, honestly killer race fatigue has nothing on RFF spoiler fatigue :funny:) but it will come. And I am southern to the core...and I believe completely in "the kindness of strangers". People are amazingly generous and willing to share their stories and their photos and their time. And then later, we'll have screencaps to analyze.

Spoilers WILL come. And we'll have fun finding them. And any of y'all can come play "spoilers" too. And if a find can be shared, it will be. But I personally will never share anything that will break a confidence, or do something that I believe might actually hurt the show... And if anyone doesn't like that? Tough tooties, go find your own.  :neener:

And you are right about Candlestick Park, chills. We had the general area narrowed down to "Hunter's Point" around the time of the actual filming, then Chateau and I speculated after our excursion that Candlestick Park was one of two likely sites. I messed around with that intermittently, then was finally able to get the permit confirmation evidence on the very day CBS aired the promo. I still laugh at all the time and phone calls I could have saved myself if I had only known that CBS was going to spoil it themselves! :lol: In the "good old days"  :wise that NEVER would have happened!

Okay... That's it from me. Back on topic before TexasLady comes after us! :vader:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #607 on: June 18, 2010, 03:12:50 AM »
Speculating: tasks in Sweden. Next Saturday, June 19 (tomorrow), there will be the wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden. And that is VERY big thing in Sweden and big media happening in all over Europe. So I can imagine that TAR had some tasks that had something to do with the royals?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2010, 05:11:28 AM »
Isn't the race over already?

The aspect of 2/3 teams to be F/F speculated in the Final 3... makes me excited.. for the season.. INSTANTLY. :lol:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #609 on: June 18, 2010, 06:14:18 AM »
Isn't the race over already?

The aspect of 2/3 teams to be F/F speculated in the Final 3... makes me excited.. for the season.. INSTANTLY. :lol:
Same here.  God, I wish it were September now.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #610 on: June 18, 2010, 08:49:59 AM »
Just hope that it won't be another Dustin/Kandice upset.   :please:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #611 on: June 18, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
Speculating: tasks in Sweden. Next Saturday, June 19 (tomorrow), there will be the wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden. And that is VERY big thing in Sweden and big media happening in all over Europe. So I can imagine that TAR had some tasks that had something to do with the royals?

I'd say it's unlikely. People frequently try to tie TAR to some important topical local event that is occurring as TAR passes through. For example, a couple of people suggested that TAR would do something this time in South Africa to connect with the World Cup. Without looking anything up, I'd say that has never happened. To me, TAR seems to be very determined to not have indication just when the race was run and wants instead for it to seem timeless. About the closest they come is to go to Olympic sites a year or so after the Olympics.

If they do have any events connected to the royals, it will likely be to one of Sweden's great Kings or Queens of the past. Maybe find a statue or something like that.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #612 on: June 18, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

Me too.  I really want to see an all-female team win this year -- as long as they're likeable.

Belle Book

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #613 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:58 AM »

Me too.  I really want to see an all-female team win this year -- as long as they're likeable.

Belle Book

I don't care if they AREN'T likable.  It's high time for one to win.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #614 on: June 20, 2010, 06:38:24 AM »
With 4 all-female teams, it's like having nearly 40% chance.. as compared to one team in TAR 15. -_-

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
And with apparently 2 out of 3 Final 3 teams F/F that would increase the simple-case probability from 36% to 67%.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #616 on: June 20, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
Just saw survivorsucks,someone saw tatooed team in Hong Kong.

Dunno if this helps y'all, but I saw a couple running from the HK airport to the Airport express train with a cameraman and another guy (producer I'm assuming) on Saturday. The guy asked the train attendant specifically for some sort of bus, so I'm guessing a clue told them they had to take something specific. Anyhow, the guy had distinctive hair (dreads or something similar) and the girl was heavily tattooed.

Team Grey... I don't see any dreads??

We need to take another look at this.  :tup:

I remain unconvinced about the dreads...but maybe something is hiding under that hat?? :lol:

But heavily tattooed woman IS pretty distinctive....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
Just saw survivorsucks,someone saw tatooed team in Hong Kong.

Dunno if this helps y'all, but I saw a couple running from the HK airport to the Airport express train with a cameraman and another guy (producer I'm assuming) on Saturday. The guy asked the train attendant specifically for some sort of bus, so I'm guessing a clue told them they had to take something specific. Anyhow, the guy had distinctive hair (dreads or something similar) and the girl was heavily tattooed.

Team Grey... I don't see any dreads??

We need to take another look at this.  :tup:

I remain unconvinced about the dreads...but maybe something is hiding under that hat?? :lol:

But heavily tattooed woman IS pretty distinctive....
I agree.  To think many of us were thinking that they might've been one of the first three teams out.  Instead, they might've made it to the F4.  If they did, they were probably the fourth team who fell way behind going into Korea.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »
I took another look at him,still think he doesn't have dreads. :(

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »
Article at http://reality-tv-gossip.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing-race-17-reaches-finish-line-in-los-angeles-california

Basically, its a quick summary of everything we have found so far (They even credit us for all the information.) It contains some pretty serious spoilers, so I wont post the actual article here.

I think that article is way off.  First of all, gossip is useless chatter.  11 legs in 21 days, I thought there are 12 legs in this upcoming season.  Also there isn't enough evidence in Los Angeles to support it as the final leg city.  There has been no reports of the teams (decoys too) racing through the area that day and no filming permits like from the last two seasons has come up yet.  I say Los Angeles is just a transit point to the real final city.  Some of the production crew that were flying back to LA to go home were just done for their time and they could have switch crews for the final leg.  Another reason why LA could not be the finish line is due to the NBA Final Rounds. There was a game on June 15 with the Lakers vs Celtics at the Staples Center that day.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
Article at http://reality-tv-gossip.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing-race-17-reaches-finish-line-in-los-angeles-california

Basically, its a quick summary of everything we have found so far (They even credit us for all the information.) It contains some pretty serious spoilers, so I wont post the actual article here.

I think that article is way off.  First of all, gossip is useless chatter.  11 legs in 21 days, I thought there are 12 legs in this upcoming season.  Also there isn't enough evidence in Los Angeles to support it as the final leg city.  There has been no reports of the teams (decoys too) racing through the area that day and no filming permits like from the last two seasons has come up yet.  I say Los Angeles is just a transit point to the real final city.  Some of the production crew that were flying back to LA to go home were just done for their time and they could have switch crews for the final leg.  Another reason why LA could not be the finish line is due to the NBA Final Rounds. There was a game on June 15 with the Lakers vs Celtics at the Staples Center that day.

Why would that stop them coming in on that day?

And keep in mind the race route and timings were most likely planned months before the NBA finals even started.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #621 on: June 21, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

I think that article is way off.  First of all, gossip is useless chatter.  11 legs in 21 days, I thought there are 12 legs in this upcoming season.  Also there isn't enough evidence in Los Angeles to support it as the final leg city.  There has been no reports of the teams (decoys too) racing through the area that day and no filming permits like from the last two seasons has come up yet.  I say Los Angeles is just a transit point to the real final city.  Some of the production crew that were flying back to LA to go home were just done for their time and they could have switch crews for the final leg.  Another reason why LA could not be the finish line is due to the NBA Final Rounds. There was a game on June 15 with the Lakers vs Celtics at the Staples Center that day.

Why would that stop them coming in on that day?

And keep in mind the race route and timings were most likely planned months before the NBA finals even started.

I agree that it should not have stopped them and even could have provided some cover. After all, game 6 of the NBA finals was on June 15 and game 7 on June 17. All the Laker and Celtics fans would have made it into the LA area by June 15. However, the schedule for the NBA finals was more or less determined months in advance by the NBA for each round from Eastern and Western Conference round 1 to conference round 2 to conference finals to NBA finals. My guess is that it preceded the final route for AR17.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:33:53 AM by apskip »

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: June 22, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
I do not think it is worth much, but after they aired the last episode (EP4 S12) here in Sweden last Sunday there was a short announcement. There was a voice over during the credits which said something like "The upcoming season 17 which debuts in the states this fall will feature no less than 4 beauty queens".

I have never heard them even mention the fact that we are slightly behind the states in showing AR so this was most unusual. I would not be surprised if this was a local idea and that they got the data from these boards.

But if something similar has happened in other countries then it may be something which came through official channels.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #623 on: June 22, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »
Oh dear....since we did have to retract the 4 beauty queens thing.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »
Her latest tweet is interesting in light of the possibility that she was recently in Ghana:

Proud of our #USA United States team, but Congrats #GHA Ghana, a country in much need of more happiness.

PS - no tweets between 5/18 and 6/21.

If either Andie or Jenna made that comment because she was recently in Ghana, then that means the team made it past England and weren't the first team eliminated.  Good.

Belle Book