Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 344629 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »
I'm interpreting the Muscat airport information as teams departing on the night of the 8th.* That suggests that the Muscat leg took place on the 7th. Coupled with teams arriving in St Petersburg at noon on the 5th, there shouldn't be any extra time (barring two TBCs in a row) for a leg in between.

*The spoiler states that teams were seen two days ago, at night, and it was posted on the evening of 10 Jun, Gulf Standard Time.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #426 on: June 10, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
-Peach-
I say South Korea is out of the question because of the high tension right now with North Korea and the heightened security near the DMZ area.  Camp Casey is a US Armybase and I said before security at a US Base in a foreign country is very high.  TAR11 racers went to Guam which is in a fact a US Territory and not a foreign country and visited military bases there because these places were in fact in the US and so far I haven't seen any race season where they visited a US Military installation in foreign country.  Subject closed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2010, 08:44:14 PM »
I think Bangladesh will be leg 8. I guess Australia or South Korea will be penultimate legs.If they choose Australia,they probably choose Philippine for leg 9;if they choose South Korea,they probably choose China for leg 9.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
-Peach-
I say South Korea is out of the question because of the high tension right now with North Korea and the heightened security near the DMZ area.  Camp Casey is a US Armybase and I said before security at a US Base in a foreign country is very high.  TAR11 racers went to Guam which is in a fact a US Territory and not a foreign country and visited military bases there because these places were in fact in the US and so far I haven't seen any race season where they visited a US Military installation in foreign country.  Subject closed!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are more than welcome to speculate anything you would like...just please say "In my opinion, South Korea..."

Thanks.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
It seems like recently, we've had at least one beachy leg (or 'TnA' leg or bikini leg, depending on your tastes) that's in a tropical climate, or else a leg designed to get the racers out of their clothes - last season had the Seychelles, the season prior had Dubai (and Groningen, and Estonia, and Prague 2...), TAR 14 had Maui (plus Krabi and the fun run in Novosibirsk). Given how...telegenic our cast is, I'd expect at least one of these legs this season.

Barring something in one of the two Ghana legs, we've problably not had said beachy leg. If there *were* to be a future 'beachy' leg, my bet would be on the Philippines, or, less likely, southern Thailand (of course, they could really surprise me and go to the Maldives).

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
This is my speculation, but after Korea, I think they may go to Fiji for the 11th leg.  Then to Hawaii for the 12th leg as a intermediate destination, then onto the US Mainland to finish the leg and race.  They may fly nonstop to Fiji like last season when flew France to Seychelles.  The only flight capable of departing on the 15th is  Korean Air KE0137 at 7:25pm, arriving in Fiji at 8:35am the next day, June 16.  This could be possible.  Then for the 12th and final leg, they could take Air Pacific or Continental Micronesia to Honolulu/Hawaii for the first part of the finale and then fly to the US Mainland to finish.  This sounds very reasonable to me.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
Personally, I don't think we can assume there's an intermediate destination. Hasn't been that case for years.
Besides, intermediate destinations create a bunching point, which kills suspense.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »
I suspect they'll simply stay in South Korea  for the final two legs before the end. From a historical standpoint it fits with recent TARs and it makes sense from a budget pov

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #433 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »
mah spec..
If the penultimate leg was on South Korea, then it's possible that the finish line would be on Illinois or NYC..

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #434 on: June 11, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »
I suspect they'll simply stay in South Korea  for the final two legs before the end. From a historical standpoint it fits with recent TARs and it makes sense from a budget pov

I still think there will be an intermediate destination before the final city.  Last time it occured was season11.  Since then 12-16, the final legs were short, but I say this could be a better and longer race season.  So lets just look out for the tweets and posts in the next several days to find out what will go on from there.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
No matter where the finale destination is before heading back to America, I am 100% sure it will host two legs. I put together an outline following woden's timeline, and assuming the race lasts 4 weeks per KevJumba, that puts the finale leg on this coming Wednesday.

Leg 10 plays out from June 12 to June 13
Leg 11 plays out June 14
Leg 12 plays out June 15 to June 16
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:23:11 PM by north09 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »
You mean three weeks, right? ??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »

If you all think/believe/wish/want something to be true...please say I wish/believe/want/think that such and such is true. Not such and such IS true unless you have factual evidence to support your statements.

And IF you have the facts to support your definitive statements, please share them in spoilers.
[/rant]

Exactly. What I've been waiting for for a long time. Some evidence. :groan:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
I just guess the task in Camp Casy will be in leg 10.They often do sport task in 1st leg of last two-legs city(TAR13-Moscow-goose step,TAR14-Beijing-swim,TAR15-Prague-canoe,TAR16-Shanghai-puzzle),and 2nd leg will be more of  city characteristic (TAR13-Russian dance,TAR14-beijing opera,TAR15-legend,TAR16-buddha).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:24:55 PM by weihen »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #439 on: June 11, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
I just guess the task in Camp Casy will be in leg 10.They often do sport task in 1st leg of last two-legs city(TAR13-Moscow-goose step,TAR14-Beijing-swim,TAR15-Prague-canoe,TAR16-puzzle),and 2nd leg will be more of  city characteristic (TAR13-Russian dance,TAR14-beijing opera,TAR15-legend,TAR16-buddha).

But Camp Casey is scheduled for Monday, which is the 14th, and Leg 11 if you are going by north's projected timeline.

You mean three weeks, right? ??
KevJumba said 4 weeks on his website, but I assume that would be including pre race preparation/travel/sequester, and perhaps a couple of days recovery time after the race ends?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: June 11, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »
I just guess the task in Camp Casy will be in leg 10.They often do sport task in 1st leg of last two-legs city(TAR13-Moscow-goose step,TAR14-Beijing-swim,TAR15-Prague-canoe,TAR16-puzzle),and 2nd leg will be more of  city characteristic (TAR13-Russian dance,TAR14-beijing opera,TAR15-legend,TAR16-buddha).

But Camp Casey is scheduled for Monday, which is the 14th, and Leg 11 if you are going by north's projected timeline.

I think leg 10 filmed on Monday ,leg 11 filmed on Tuesday,and they finished in America on Thursday(Wednesday in American time,still Jun 16)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:27:55 PM by weihen »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: June 11, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »
yes on the time...I believe they had a five day sequester this time including start day...add an approximate 21 day race and you are nearly there. I meant a three week race in my comment (about+/-)

Neobie has lots more spec on the timeline in surprise...the Timeline thread! :jumpy:

And I like that observation about when the sport legs come, weihen.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #442 on: June 11, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »

I think leg 10 filmed on Monday ,leg 11 filmed on Tuesday,and they finished in American on Thursday(Wednesday in American time,still Jun 16)

I like it  :tup:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #443 on: June 11, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
FWIW, it appears as though TAR 17 will uphold the 8 country, 2 penultimate legs tradition.

UK
Ghana (2)
Sweden (2)
Russia
Oman
Bangladesh
Philippines (?)
S. Korea (2)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: June 11, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
FWIW, it appears as though TAR 17 will uphold the 8 country, 2 penultimate legs tradition.

UK
Ghana (2)
Sweden (2)
Russia
Oman
Bangladesh
Philippines (?)
S. Korea (2)
Philippines confirmed?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:14 AM »
Not completely. A poster saying he will be working there...but it is not yet clear whether it is TAR or TARA...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2010, 02:33:35 AM »
Is the TAR or TARA because isn't TAR supposed to go to Korea?
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2010, 02:35:50 AM »
Is the TAR or TARA because isn't TAR supposed to go to Korea?
They supposed to go to Korea next week.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »
Since TARA has just been to Hong Kong last season ,I think it's TAR.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2010, 06:35:39 AM »
Since TARA has just been to Hong Kong last season ,I think it's TAR.

not necessarily, though. according to wiki they went to singapore both season 1 & 2.