Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 342655 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
i've been checking the twitter of the person who posted the info on Ghana, and I can't find anything that would point to this being a hoax. Like Peach has said, we should focus on these African tweets right now. The race hardly touched it last season.

I have a little more faith in the Sao Tome info now. It is located just off the west african coast. An easy flight to Gahna from there.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
i've been checking the twitter of the person who posted the info on Ghana, and I can't find anything that would point to this being a hoax. Like Peach has said, we should focus on these African tweets right now. The race hardly touched it last season.

I have a little more faith in the Sao Tome info now. It is located just off the west african coast. An easy flight to Gahna from there.

It wasn't twitter, it was facebook.  There are no direct flights from Accra to Sao Tome.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2010, 04:53:53 PM »

It wasn't twitter, it was facebook.  There are no direct flights from Accra to Sao Tome.

Must have been looking at the wrong person then!  :lol:

There doesn't need to be a direct flight. The locations are close enough that traveling from one to the other in a day wouldn't be hard.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
Racers can see their passports with the visas. If a Racer is asking where the Congo is, bet your bottom dollar they have a visa for the Congo,

BUT we know they are given lots of extra visas, so....??

We need to look at all these locations seriously.

Accra sounds very real to me as well....Congo next? :lol:

Okay, NVM about the Congo, that came from the person who posted false Seattle sightings.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:35:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »
An evening direct flight Heathrow to Accra on the 28th and 29th was cancelled.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:52:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
So Ghana is real, but the Congo isn't?  (Sorry.  Just getting here and catching up.)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »
I highly support the theory of Ghana. It's a West Africa country, and Accra Airport has many flights.
Theoretically from Ghana, one could go to Kulasi or Lome in the nearby country of Togo.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
So are they in Ghana now, or Spain or Portugal?  I'm confused.

arun1125

« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »
So are they in Ghana now, or Spain or Portugal?  I'm confused.

They are more likely to be in Ghana. The spain portugal is about the beginning of the race.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »

BUT... we did have this flight (ACC Accra   VS 657   Virgin Atlantic Airways    10:30 PM) on May 28 that matches the timeline of this sighting:

From a post, updated apx 8:52pm on 5/28 London time. Guessing this is teams leaving England?

Off to Istanbul for the F1 this weekend... At heathrow again... They are filming the amazing race here!

The Accra, Ghana feasibility is getting higher, I'd say.

arun1125

« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2010, 07:39:05 PM »

BUT... we did have this flight (ACC Accra   VS 657   Virgin Atlantic Airways    10:30 PM) on May 28 that matches the timeline of this sighting:

From a post, updated apx 8:52pm on 5/28 London time. Guessing this is teams leaving England?

Off to Istanbul for the F1 this weekend... At heathrow again... They are filming the amazing race here!

I think they did 2 legs in England and left for Ghana.

arun1125

« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »

Considering there a no direct flights between Luxembourg and Accra.

arun1125

« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
If Ghana is True, the fake pre racing list left by producers is somewhat right.

arun1125

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »
The Ghana, sighting is from an American citizen now living in Ghana, I have sent her a message.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

Leg 1 happened on Thursday
Leg 2 happened on Friday

When did that tweet occur? TAR may have been able to squeeze in a 3rd leg somewhere in this narrow time frame, which would indicate that Ghana would be the 4th leg.

P.S. Please don't make multiple posts in a row, use the edit function.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
It's kind of hard to believe any of these sightings without access to the original postings.

For instance, I've searched for the latest Heathrow sighting and could not find the original blog.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »
Okay, I just heard back from the charming blogger herself. She confirms May 28 Friday at about 4 (4:19 per wp's photo).

She also says that Team Green were the first at the counter and first to get their tickets.

I'm liking the way this team sounds

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »
Okay, I just heard back from the charming blogger herself. She confirms May 28 Friday at about 4 (4:19 per wp's photo).

She also says that Team Green were the first at the counter and first to get their tickets.

I'm liking the way this team sounds

So am I.  Maybe we can have a really good all-female team.  Two in fact, since the pink girls are still in the Race as well.

I'm also happy the Wu father & son are still in the Race!  Let's hope that none of the other two all-female teams are gone.

Belle Book

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
Great work everyone! It's so exciting to check in this morning and see that you have identified a team and gotten photo confirmation of where the teams are (or were recently) You guys ROCK!! :tup:

The pink girls, though?  I'm pretty sure that's one of the coed teams,
At first glance, I thought the girl wearing pink could have been the blonde daughter from the "yellow"team.  After looking closer though, it is definintely the blonde of the pink team.  She's carrying the same backpack as she was in Boston.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
Whoa, which team green are we talking about? Team Green as in Jonathan/Connor or Team Lime Green as in F/F?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
Whoa, which team green are we talking about? Team Green as in Jonathan/Connor or Team Lime Green as in F/F?

Well since F/F are ahead of M/M in the line I'd assume the F/F were the first team to get there...

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2010, 10:54:31 AM »

She also says that Team Green were the first at the counter and first to get their tickets of the group she saw.

Team Green or Team Lime Green?

Team Green, Connor and Jonathan, seems to be at the back of this line.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
Investigating flights from London (LHR) to Accra (ACC)...
From the sightings thread we know that a few teams were booking VS 667 which departed from LHR at 22:30.
The BA flight at 14:40 was canceled and I don't see any other direct flights.

But when I try to book a flight from LHR to ACC that doesn't use Virgin Atlantic or BA I don't get any other indirect options. I can't believe they'd have Phil and the whole crew on one flight. WRP must have know that the BA flight would be canceled because of the labour dispute.

Can anybody find other 1 stop flights that make sense?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »
So one, maybe two legs in Ghana!  :wohoo:

Do we know if they just stayed in Accra or visited another major city in the country?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
Investigating flights from London (LHR) to Accra (ACC)...
From the sightings thread we know that a few teams were booking VS 667 which departed from LHR at 22:30.
The BA flight at 14:40 was canceled and I don't see any other direct flights.

But when I try to book a flight from LHR to ACC that doesn't use Virgin Atlantic or BA I don't get any other indirect options. I can't believe they'd have Phil and the whole crew on one flight. WRP must have know that the BA flight would be canceled because of the labour dispute.

Can anybody find other 1 stop flights that make sense?

Not a one stop flight, but WRP may have taken a 9:25/9:55 flight to Amsterdam and then transfered to a flight to Ghana (arr. 6:45 P.M.)