Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 343496 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #725 on: October 18, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »
Random-and-Idiotic-but-kinda-wishful Question:

Will the Express pass be back to play? I mean, will the first place team next week win it since Jill and Thomas used it? And will the cycle continue until, of course, Leg 8?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
Re the TAR 17 Finale location.

Some info has come to light:

In Seoul, a production person was overheard on the phone discussing the countdown, and the finale, and the use of THREE helicopters.

While I am very aware that helicopters are used every day for overhead shots, the specification of THREE leads me to wonder if our last three teams were possibly transported by helicopter from LAX to our Finale location? If so, they have a much wider range and could have been outside of LA for the actual finale tasks....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »

In Seoul, a production person was overheard on the phone discussing the countdown, and the finale, and the use of THREE helicopters.

While I am very aware that helicopters are used every day for overhead shots, the specification of THREE leads me to wonder if our last three teams were possibly transported by helicopter from LAX to our Finale location? If so, they have a much wider range and could have been outside of LA for the actual finale tasks....

This would make perfect sense, helicopters are an everyday occurrence around LA and wouldn't even be noticed. Thanks Peach!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
If that info is accurate, peach, that just means that WRP is working really hard at avoiding your army of spies!  They're scared of you!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
If that info is accurate, peach, that just means that WRP is working really hard at avoiding your army of spies!  They're scared of you!

So true!  :snicker:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #730 on: October 28, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »

You know, you may be onto something there!  That may be why the teams weren't spotted after Seoul or LAX -- they left LA and went somewhere else, where people wouldn't be likely to see them!

Belle Book

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #731 on: October 28, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »

You know, you may be onto something there!  That may be why the teams weren't spotted after Seoul or LAX -- they left LA and went somewhere else, where people wouldn't be likely to see them!

Belle Book

Remember - teams were never actually spotted in LAX - only production crew.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #732 on: October 28, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
Well they would have had to clear Immigration and Customs first. I dont know the layout of the area at LAX...but I am sure that they could have been spirited out a side door into vans to take a ride to another part of airport to catch helicopters.......I know that would be possible at DFW.....with the pre-planned help of the airline and TSA....
Matthew 7:15

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #733 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
If not LA, then the next destination to look at would be San Diego.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #734 on: October 29, 2010, 01:02:54 AM »

Until now.   :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: October 29, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »

Until now.  :tup:

looks like Nick & Vicki are final 3 then??
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:24:20 AM by redskooky »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #736 on: October 29, 2010, 01:22:56 AM »
Read the spoiler redshooky. That is NOT what it says. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: October 29, 2010, 03:10:46 AM »
If not LA, then the next destination to look at would be San Diego.

Since we haven't had any sightings aside from the ones at LAX for the final leg, I have to assume they held the detours and roadblocks for the final leg away from the eyes of the public. This suggests to me that it didn't happen in a large city or if it did, all tasks were done indoors where there would be little visual evidence to the public. The trend has been this way the last couple of seasons.

Last season in the final leg in San Francisco, we knew about the Letterman Digital Arts Center and Coit Tower. Those were reasonably public and word got out. We also heard about The Great American Music Hall, which I think was lucky on our part because there was little to see on the outside of the building to suggest anything was happening there. I assume we heard about that because some team must have been asking people for directions to it. We heard nothing about Candlestick Park aside from a rumor about Hunter's Point, which is not surprising because Candlestick Park is a very isolated location with no one around unless an event is happening there.  

This season, they started in an unlikely location at Gloucester, MA and we could easily have missed it if the guy working at the marina hadn't had a camera. I'm guessing that the final leg will be at an equally unlikely location. I'll do some real speculating here. I lean towards a remote isolated location, possibly in the desert, perhaps one of the Channel Islands off the coast from Los Angeles (not Catalina - too many people around). Camp Pendleton or one of the military bases in the desert is possible, but I think too many soldiers would know and word would get out. Also, since they had soldiers on the previous leg in South Korea, I doubt they would do it again on the next leg. There are also places in the mountains around Los Angeles or in the Southern Sierras that might work as well, but I don't know them well enough to suggest any good locations. I'll throw my vote to some cool location like the ghost town at Bodie or Mono Lake or even Death Valley.  Scratch Death Valley. It was probably over 115 F (46 C) that time of year.

Actually, I'd really like to see Area 51 in Nevada. They could have Phil and a Grey Alien at the finish line.   :wtf: :eye:      :hides :hides :hides :noway: :holysheep :escape
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:07:29 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #738 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
The lack of information for Legs 8 and 9 poses a huge problem.

In what way? ???

Welcome to RFF pr0phet!

Everybody here sure is friendly.
We need to know who exists in the Oman and Bangledesh legs in order to understand who the assumed final five teams are in Hong Kong, assuming that the Hong Kong photo of N\K, B\C, and J/T is accurate
Nick & Vicki are the F4 exit.  It's a good chance it's Chad & Stephanie who are also in the F5, the Bangladesh leg.  Oman is (or might be) the F6 elimination leg, though, so there'll be another team there, too -- at least one of the remaining two parent/child teams.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #739 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
Thanks Paron...  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #740 on: November 02, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
Why do you think that the couple the Oman man talked to was Chad and Stephanie rather than Jill and Thomas? Chad and Stephanie have never worn turqoise. They're Gators fans, people; they only wear blue or orange.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #741 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »
Why do you think that the couple the Oman man talked to was Chad and Stephanie rather than Jill and Thomas? Chad and Stephanie have never worn turqoise. They're Gators fans, people; they only wear blue or orange.

Perhaps you may want to rephrase that?  :groan:

Chad and Stephanie were referred to as Team Turquoise because they are. They wore Turquoise bandanas  on the first leg and were referred to as Team Turquoise by several of the other teams.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #742 on: November 02, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
Chad and Steph wore their turquoise bandanas on their wrists this last episode. the-prophet, Production gives every team a pair of different colored bandanas at the start of the race. They may or may not match the color scheme that a team choses. The camaraman and soundman use the bandanas to know who to follow.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #743 on: November 03, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
Since Gary and Mallory have not been spotted anywhere and are not on the promos for "Circus", they must be U-Turned by Brooke and Claire.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #744 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
 :CnJ:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #745 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »
x
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:40:51 PM by Prophet »

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #746 on: November 03, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
What?
If there is a U-turn, they would totally hype it up =/. Blind or Not. It would hype up the ratings and that's what TAR Wants but if there is, I'd be freakin' surprised.
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #747 on: November 03, 2010, 11:43:07 AM »
The U-turns have been used in the even seasons and unused in the odd seasons so far.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: November 04, 2010, 12:52:01 AM »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #749 on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:33 PM »
I think there will be a leg raced at night,so is it HongKong?