Author Topic: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?  (Read 43032 times)

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 10:11:55 PM »
YEA!!!!!! ^:)^

Offline ack

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2004, 10:13:40 PM »
Does anyone know the name of the song that played after the engament?  It was awesome!

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »
i wasn't watching so i don't have a clue but i wanted to say welcome to the group ack.  Make yourself right at home.

Offline ack

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 10:16:54 PM »
Thanks

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2004, 10:20:40 PM »

Glad to see that someone else listens to the music.  i am always listening to the music and wanting to know what some song is, lol...

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 12:06:26 AM »
I loved the music too..I can't find any credits..sorry for those who asked  :\/
I'll keep you informed if anything turns up ..   :)_{}

Production Credits:
The series is produced by NBC Universal Television, Nash Entertainment and Satin Productions. Bruce Nash ("For Love or Money") – who created both "Meet My Folks" and "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" – serves as executive producer along with Scott Satin ("The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments").

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 09:31:36 AM »
i thought for sure they would post it on the site but i didnt see it.

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 02:31:07 PM »

Finale 8/2/04

The trouble started early. While Marty and “the kids” waited downstairs at the dinner table, Suzanne was upstairs confronting Stacy. Suzanne wanted to make sure that if she wasn't chosen to marry Marty that he would be with the right woman. In her opinion, she told Stacy, the better runner-up would've been Marilyn. Suzanne went on to say that she didn't think Stacy would still be in the game at this point. Stacy was obviously annoyed, but kept her cool. She replied that she felt she was the best choice for Marty, while Suzanne probably felt the same way about herself. The exchange got heated until Suzanne was convinced that Stacy really loved Marty and his girls. It ended with Stacy saying, “We'll see how this ends.”
At dinner, the others noticed the tension and asked Suzanne and Stacy about it. Stacy told the girls that Suzanne asked her if her feelings were sincere. Suzanne held back tears while explaining her point of view, while Stacy iterated that she felt the entire exchange was inappropriate. The girls wondered (in interviews) why Suzanne hadn't brought up any Stacy concerns before it was down to the two of them. Marty, in his own interview, admitted he'd come to care for both women, but did have his favorite. When the fax machine rang out, everyone expected the worst. However, the message announced that the ladies' wedding rings had arrived. Sure enough the doorbell rang and a precious flower girl gave Suzanne her ring. Moments after the door shut, the doorbell rang again. A different flower girl presented Stacy with her ring. Stacy and Suzanne slipped on their rings and hugged each other in a truce. The doorbell rang a third time! The ladies opened the door to reveal the lie detector guy. Stacy said, “Sorry, wrong house” and slammed the door!

There was, however, no escape. Stacy was strapped in first. If Stacy and Marty were caught in a bear trap, would Stacy gnaw off her own leg to go for help? Yes, that was actually a question. Stacy said, “Yes,” and actually got thumbs up! It was all thumbs up from there, until she was asked if she would give Suzanne and Marty her blessing if she lost. Big thumbs down! Next it was Suzanne's turn. When asked if she liked Stacy, Suzanne was brutally honest and said, “No.” Thumbs up on that one! Then the girls asked Suzanne if they could cut her loose after a year if they felt it wasn't working out. Suzanne said, “Yes,” but that didn't pass the test. Would she expect Marty to finance her shopping sprees? Suzanne said, “No” but got thumbs down again! Both women passed the “Do you love our dad?” question with flying colors, but that only made the sisters' decision more difficult.

The next day, Suzanne and Stacy had to present their final pleas to both Marty and the girls. Suzanne spoke from her heart about the amazing family she'd come to love over such a short period of time. She asked Marty to come stand next to her as she revealed that she had fallen in love with him. She told him that she would love him like no other woman could, but she wanted him to be happy – even if that meant choosing another woman to share his life with. Afterwards, they all shared an emotional group hug. Stacy began by telling Marty she had a gift for him, but not one that could be wrapped. She said she'd give him everything that she had – her love, devotion and heart. She admitted that she arrived skeptical but is now changed forever, because she feels she and Marty have found each other. Tears were rolling down the cheeks of all the Okland family members, including Marty. She ended by thanking them all for letting her be a part of the entire experience.

After the emotional exchange, Marty had an announcement to Stacy and Suzanne. He thanked them for their sacrifices, their support and their love throughout the process. Then he turned to face his three daughters and thanked them, in between tears. Jennifer, Brooke, Nicole and Marty spent the rest of the afternoon together, while two limos whisked the women away to separate hotels until that night's decision was announced. Later, Marty told the girls that as much as he appreciated and cared for Suzanne, it was Stacy that “did something for him.” The girls, on the other hand, felt that Suzanne was a perfect match and that they'd have a great life together. Jennifer asked her dad if he'd fallen in love, and he said he had. When she asked who he wanted them to choose, he said Stacy. Ultimately, however, it wasn't his decision. The girls sent dad away while they deliberated some more on their own. Jennifer thought Marty wasn't looking at things clearly. He was thinking short-term attraction instead of long-term happiness. Nicole and Brooke agreed, but also agreed that they weren't there to make a decision that would end in another divorce.

That night, the backyard was transformed into a romantic, magical place. Twinkling white lights were strung from every tree and across every surface creating a fairytale land. A candlelit bridge was set up over the pool, with Marty and his daughters waiting at the other side – a backdrop of flowers to frame them. Marty looked handsome in his tuxedo, while the girls looked radiant. Suzanne arrived first, wearing a gorgeous navy gown that shimmered in the moonlight. She took in the enchanted surroundings as she made her way to Marty. Marty still had no idea if Suzanne was about to become his fiancé or not. Brooke told Suzanne that she had enriched all of their lives. Nicole said she knew the first time she met Suzanne that she wanted her to be one of the last women standing. Jennifer appreciated her motherly, nurturing nature and told Suzanne she meant the world to them. However, she was not who they chose to marry their dad. Suzanne was stunned and couldn't hold back the tears. She turned to Marty and hid her head while she regained her composure. She told him she loved him and he told her he was a better man for knowing her. Her sadness and disappointment weighed on the sisters to the point where Brooke felt physically ill and almost had to leave. While Nicole and Jennifer comforted Brooke, Marty continued to comfort Suzanne. Jennifer later said in an interview that despite how wonderful Suzanne is, their dad wasn't in love with her. Read Suzanne's interview, here.

The Oklands had barely recovered when Stacy's limo pulled up. She was expecting the worst – having no idea that Suzanne had just left broken-hearted. Marty greeted her with a big hug, while the girls greeted her with big smiles. However, Stacy seemed so nervous and uneasy, that it was tough for the girls to keep their secret. Brooke told Stacy that she loved Stacy's sense of family. Then Nicole told Stacy that she exuded beauty and confidence, which made a great impression on her. Stacy still looked like she was ready to pass out. Jennifer explained that at first it might have been difficult for “analytical” Stacy to think with her heart and not with her head. But the moment when Stacy read her vows to Marty was the moment Jennifer knew how her dad felt about her. Finally, she let Stacy know that they had chosen her to marry their dad. Stacy could barely speak, but said, “I am so unworthy of all of this.” Then it was Marty's turn to speak. He took Stacy's hands and told her he had found true love. Then he dropped to one knee and asked her to marry him! When she said, “yes” any tears that had dried up were flowing again! Stacy was shaking and kept saying that nothing seemed real. Marty slipped the diamond engagement ring on her finger and they sealed things with a kiss.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2004, 07:06:59 PM »
I just knew she would win! That blonde seemed out for money or something. i don't believe she was genuine.... I am glad about the outcome though.... It is a cool show. :)_|
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2004, 04:53:02 PM »
If anyone wants you could watch the proposal  here The Proposal!
The Okland sisters chose Stacy! Watch her reaction! 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2004, 10:32:50 PM »
Interview with Stacy -
On August 2nd, the Okland sisters chose Stacy to marry their dad! Marty dropped to one knee to propose and Stacy accepted! We caught up with Stacy to hear how the entire experience has affected her.

How did you hear about the show and what compelled you to apply?
A casting crew was in Dallas, where I currently reside, some good friends of mine struck up a conversation with them in a restaurant. I agreed to interview with them a few days later and the process began.

Was your family supportive of your decision?
I have a wonderful family that has always stood by me. They were very excited. My daughter and I were the most reserved, fear of the unknown I suppose!

When it comes to finding love, what do you think are the biggest challenges facing single gals today?
I believe we are all looking for the same things: attraction, chemistry, trust and compatibility. It gets more difficult after 35 because in addition to everything else, you have to find someone who is in the same place in their life as you, such as, if they have children already or if they are waiting to start to a family.

What were your first impressions of the Okland sisters?
I was immediately impressed by their beauty and warmth. They are remarkable young women. They are each so intelligent, a lot of fun and they are very close.

What did you think when you first met Marty? Was there instant chemistry?
Marty is a very attractive man. Our chemistry developed quickly as did our friendship.

Was there camaraderie among the women or was it more of a competitive vibe?
At first, it was a big slumber party; we all had so much fun. As the numbers dwindled, so did our patience. We spent an enormous amount of time together so it was natural that it got more stressful toward the end.

Who did you initially think was your biggest competition?
Each of the ladies were beautiful and gifted in many different ways. Marty was very lucky, he really couldn't go wrong with any of us.

Out of Marilyn and Suzanne who did you think was your biggest competition?
They are both great women. Initially I felt Marilyn was the biggest competition.

What's been the biggest surprise about watching the show?
I have never been involved in any sort of media so just seeing myself was very surreal.

At the racetrack, what did you think when you saw your ex riding up on a horse? What did you think your bad fact would be?
At first I was completely shocked. Then I was relieved that it was Stuart, we are good friends. Then shock set in again. I had no idea what he was going to say.

Were you mortified by the bad facts he revealed and did you think it would hurt your chances with Marty?
I was more embarrassed than mortified. I didn't feel it would make any difference to Marty. It was all basically silly and harmless.
Tell us about the romantic, snowy getaway you and Marty enjoyed. Did you have any idea where you'd be going... and were you constantly worried about a fax machine going off in the middle of the woods?
I loved being up in the mountains. It was a great chance to spend some time away from the house, alone with Marty. It gave us a chance to relax and get to know each other even better. I was always on guard though. Certainly after all that had happened I would not have been surprised if Big Foot had walked up with an envelope!

When did you first realize you were falling in love with Marty?
I was very reserved and took my time in getting to know Marty, relatively speaking! We had a wonderful time up in the mountains and our ride home that night was when I realized how much I felt for him.

Tell us about those final moments when it was down to you and Suzanne. It must have been so nerve-racking! What was going through your mind as you waited for the final decision?
Had it have been Marty's decision then I would have felt more confident, but I convnced myself that the girls had chosen Suzanne. There had been so many twists and surprises that I was afraid to let my guard down and did not want to be shattered. It was then a big surprise as you could tell!

What have you been doing since the show ended (besides keeping a MAJOR secret)?
For the most part, I returned to life as usual. It was very hard [to keep the secret], especially in the beginning. Fortunately, Marty and I have seen each other quite a bit and have talked on the phone a lot. Being busy with work and family has certainly helped.

What's next for you and Marty? Are you moving to Denver? Have you set a date?
Marty and I are looking forward to spending some "normal" time together. Obviously, it is very important to me that my daughter meet Marty and the girls. I can't wait for all of us to spend time together. Marty and I are both starting new chapters in our lives and are discussing all options, it is a very exciting time.

What do you say to skeptics about finding love on a reality show?
I believe that anything is possible. People meet in many different situations so why not a reality show! It was a challenge to say the least but well worth it. I would do it all over again!
   (#)  (#)