Author Topic: TAR 17 Start Date  (Read 37043 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 17 Start Date
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 11:01:26 PM »
Me likes the sound of this... :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

HiddenPerson

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
yay, I can't wait!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 06:53:49 AM »
:hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Finally! Enough time to get to know the teams AND the first leg city. Now, if they don't pull another starting line elimination crap, I promise I won't complain about the first episode.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
I hope the first 30 minutes is for Racers Revealed thingy and 1 hour for the race! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 03:12:27 AM »
Personally I love the 90 minuet opening legs of Season 4 and 10.  Enough time to get to the names and faces of the teams (especially for the general public who haven't got them down months before it airs) and enough time to showcase teams doing real tasks.  Even on first legs I have liked, I feel we miss a ton, and sometimes with the two hour single episodes it seems like a little to much filler.  For CBS its a win win, and expanding the footage for 90 minutes cost them a small fraction more (primarily due to more editing) and reaps them a 50% increase in revenue.  And since TAR isn't really syndicated (not really) they don't have to worry about the difficulty in selling it for an off network run. 

But based off of this it looks like an 11 episode season (of course they could always air two episodes over one night). 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »
I also like the realism CBS is giving the actual start time for the premiere. 8:30 will be a half-hour later than the normal east coast start time. CBS is pushing back the start time of 60 Minutes by a half-hour as well. And Undercover Boss is starting an hour later than normal for it that same night. (CBS won't start the new season for CSI:NY on Sundays until the following week.)

It's not clear to me what the scheduling is on the west coast (maybe a 4pm regional NFL game west coast time?), but at least we can set our DVRs with a high level of confidence that for that night, the show will start when it is scheduled to.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:21:24 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
I like it too. This is one of the first times I remember that there is a scheduled delay for 60 minutes...it is usually just assumed. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
Personally I love the 90 minuet opening legs of Season 4 and 10.  Enough time to get to the names and faces of the teams (especially for the general public who haven't got them down months before it airs) and enough time to showcase teams doing real tasks.  Even on first legs I have liked, I feel we miss a ton, and sometimes with the two hour single episodes it seems like a little to much filler.  For CBS its a win win, and expanding the footage for 90 minutes cost them a small fraction more (primarily due to more editing) and reaps them a 50% increase in revenue.  And since TAR isn't really syndicated (not really) they don't have to worry about the difficulty in selling it for an off network run. 

But based off of this it looks like an 11 episode season (of course they could always air two episodes over one night). 

I do agree that the 90 minute premiers are the best. As stunning Iceland was, I got bored with the driving after a while and had to start Fast Forwarding.

If there's 11 legs, I hope that there's no F4 NEL. Too predictable.

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2010, 04:03:46 AM »
So excited for a 90 minute premiere! Hour long premieres always seem so rushed to me. But I'll only be around for the first episode  :(  Is it sad that I'm thinking of not going on a month long trip to the Philippines, Hong Kong and Vietnam so I won't miss any episodes?  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 04:33:42 AM »
Do your trip!! There are other ways to watch if you have Internet access!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »
Sure it's eleven?  With the money rolling in (has to be if the show was finally able to start out of L.A. and on the East Coast for the first time in ages), it might be twelve.  Such a late start in September does sound like eleven, but depending on the finale date, it could be twelve.  (I'm still thinking a December 5 finale means eleven, and a December 12 finale means twelve.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:03:52 AM by Paron »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
We probably could figure it out based on the typical pattern of the Sunday finale for Survivor.  Though it would also help to know the number of episodes ordered for Undercover Boss to see if its likely to see a two hour block of TAR sometime during the cycle.  This is something they have done during the spring on Sunday's but not so far in the Fall on Sunday.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »
We probably could figure it out based on the typical pattern of the Sunday finale for Survivor.  Though it would also help to know the number of episodes ordered for Undercover Boss to see if its likely to see a two hour block of TAR sometime during the cycle.  This is something they have done during the spring on Sunday's but not so far in the Fall on Sunday.
That would certainly help, yes.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »

Based off of what? Why do we think it will only be 11? I think I missed something. :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

Based off of what? Why do we think it will only be 11? I think I missed something. :duno:

Typically the season ends on the first Sunday of December. That only gives 11 weeks. I'm hoping that there are 12 legs, and the last 2 legs comprise TAR 17's 2-hour season finale a la TAR 5 (there's a really big gap between Ghana and St. Petersburg).

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

Typically the season ends on the first Sunday of December. That only gives 11 weeks. I'm hoping that there are 12 legs, and the last 2 legs comprise TAR 17's 2-hour season finale a la TAR 5 (there's a really big gap between Ghana and St. Petersburg).
Maybe there'll be a two-hour episode midway through the season like TAR7, TAR8, and TAR11.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »

Okay, gotcha. But I do remember TAR 10 ended on the second Sunday in December, so I don't think it HAS to end on the first one. But I also wouldn't mind a two-hour finale. We'll have to wait and see I guess.