Author Topic: Crystal Bowersox Nearly Quit  (Read 4735 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Crystal Bowersox Nearly Quit
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
Hat tip Joab!

Apr 16 2010 5:19 PM EDT
Crystal Bowersox Almost Quit 'American Idol,' Ryan Seacrest Confirms
'Idol' front-runner admits to having 'moments of doubt' about the competition.

By Eric Ditzian

Did Crystal Bowersox really almost quit "American Idol"? The Web was buzzing Friday morning (April 16) after a TMZ story suggested the dreadlocked front-runner had decided to bail on the reality show but host Ryan Seacrest had convinced her to change her mind.

Now Seacrest has confirmed that anonymous report to E! Online and lent insight into exactly what went down. Two weeks ago, following an airing of "Idol," Bowersox had decided the show was too much of an emotional drain and that she missed her young son. Seacrest found Bowersox in the parking lot and got her to reconsider.

"The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house," he recalled telling her. "You can buy your mom a house."

Seemingly confirming the reports as well, Bowersox posted the following comment on the official "Idol" Facebook page: "We all have moments of doubt. As much as I miss my kid, the big picture is this: I'm doing this for him and my fans. I'm having the time of my life!"

Bowersox has undoubtedly been feeling the strain of life on "Idol." Last month, the show switched the order of the men's and women's performances because Bowersox had been rushed to the hospital with an undisclosed illness. Later, during a post-performance conversation with the judges, she referred to the fact that she has been dealing with personal issues.

Read the rest here:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637240/20100416/story.jhtml
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Re: Crystal Bowersox Nearly Quit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »
Thank you so much Ryan Seacrest for telling her to stay!! And stay strong, Crystal!!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
Yes,
Thank you so much Ryan Seacrest for telling her to stay!! And stay strong, Crystal!!
Yes!  I echo that!  She's the best contestant on Idol this season, imo. Hope she hangs in there and ends up the next American Idol!  :jumpy: :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
It's the fact that she's so real, not your regular famewhore anywhere on the show... and that she has REAL talent.. that makes her so popular.

She really reminds me of Kelly Clarkson.

She will sell a whole load of albums, i tell you.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:25:25 AM by Joab »

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
Ohmigosh. If she did quit, I think AI would officially go down the toilet this year. She's basically saving the show, which is sucking a lot more now in terms of revenue and viewership.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline KailaP

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »
Crystal Bowersox almost quit but she will never quit. She’s a winner and winners never quit. Keep strong Crystal. Many people love you. I think you’re family is happy for your decision to stay. You’re almost there. I am so glad Ryan Seacrest was able to talk to her. She's one of the only listenable people on this season.  :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
It would be disastrous for her to quit, I think it's her's to win.  :tup:

Welcome to RFF KailaP!  :bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.