Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)  (Read 149306 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »
Thanks WalkingPneumonia!

Question: Why are Jet/Cord running to the finish line at 1.08pm and Daniel/Jordan at the club at 1.11pm?
I was wondering that myself - I think CBS messed with the EXIF data to throw us off - the first batch shows stuff out of order as well.
If you believed the photos - Jet and Cord won!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
I have surmised that most of those times are one hour off.  If you subtract an hour, leaving the few that don't seem to fit, they will all fit together.

For example, Dan & Jordan doing the memory challenge should be 12:11 not 13:11.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
I have surmised that most of those times are one hour off.  If you subtract an hour, leaving the few that don't seem to fit, they will all fit together.

For example, Dan & Jordan doing the memory challenge should be 12:11 not 13:11.
I like my theory that CBS is conspiring against me better  :browsie:, but you're probably right. Maybe there were 2 cameras - one that was off by an hour.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2010, 09:13:31 AM »
Hmm, so Jet and Cord really won but they edited it to show otherwise? :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
Don't start rumors! :lol:

Two cameras makes much more sense!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
Hmm, so Jet and Cord really won but they edited it to show otherwise? :snicker:

ORRRR... Jet/Cord finished first but received an unaired penalty that allowed Dan/Jordan to win??!?!!
ORRRRRRRR... They brought the Yield back and put it right in front of the Finish Line but Jet/Cord accidentally Yielded themselves??? O. M. G.

Let's see how far we can drag this rumor out.  :snicker:

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
I think I saw Jet and Cord on the Grassy Knoll....... 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »
:welcome: to RFF TrueNorth!!

We always love a laugh here...thanks! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2010, 12:28:20 PM »
Thank you!
I am completely new to this type of thing, so I'll ask everyone to please be patient as I learn proper posting etiquette and will appreciate any help offered.

I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race and can't wait for the next one to begin! 

Offline demerald

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
So much for that.  Who said Brent could not do the Roadblock?  Or that after he did it Caite would also have to climb the tower.  And we had a spoiler who claimed that both Caite and Brent climbed Coit Tower.  False.  If there is a rule that says that Roadblocks have to be done equally by the team members, I would like some one to quote chapter and verse (not on spec.)  And if there is a fast and true rule that RBs have to be done equally, then rules can be broken just as the rule about you must be 21 to compete was waived so that Caite could participate.  Special rules for this team? Dam. cost me points!
The finale didn't show Brent and Catie completing every task, maybe they had to go back and do it but the producers knew everyone had would have already counted them out by then, so they didn't show it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
Caite has said in an interview that they could do 6-6 or 7-5.  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »
Caite has said in an interview that they could do 6-6 or 7-5.  ???

Comment deleted
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:18:26 AM by redskooky »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »
I'm starting to think the puzzle Roadblock didn't count for the limit because they didn't have a choice of which racer would perform it
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2010, 06:21:04 AM »
I'm starting to think the puzzle Roadblock didn't count for the limit because they didn't have a choice of which racer would perform it

As of choices, they didn't choose, but they performed it, that is what should be taken into account.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2010, 01:04:54 PM »
Could this be blatant favoritism? ???

Another thing: I've heard rumors that a team gets paid not for placement but how "interesting" they are. Is this true?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
I saw somewhere that the winner earned 1,000,000 $, the second placer, 25,000, then 15,000, 6,000, 5,000, 4,500, 4,000 and the last one earning 1,500.

Don't know if that is really true...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
These are questions we really need to ask the teams when/if we get the chance. Maybe Luke has some answers for us.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
I haven't been on this thread for over a week, so I have no idea of whether someone has already posted this. If so, forgive me in advance. I want all those who say that the ROADBLOCKs have to be evenly split or the ROADBLOCK count cannot go above 6 in a 12 leg season to note that Brent performed 7 ROADBLOCKS in AR!6.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
I haven't been on this thread for over a week, so I have no idea of whether someone has already posted this. If so, forgive me in advance. I want all those who say that the ROADBLOCKs have to be evenly split or the ROADBLOCK count cannot go above 6 in a 12 leg season to note that Brent performed 7 ROADBLOCKS in AR!6.
Caite stated in an interview that they were allowed to either split the RB's 6-6 or 7-5. Some probable explanations, IMO, are:

1. Brent & Caite broke the 6 RB limit rule, but since they were third the producers didn't bother to penalize them
2. Since on the two-roadblock leg they didn't have a choice of who would perform the second one either that didn't count for the limit or the limit was lifted by one to give them an opportunity to choose.
3. The rules changed
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
I agree with Dan!

Offline turtlerun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2010, 05:05:33 AM »
I don’t want to start rumor or conspiracy but something doesn’t look right in the last leg of the Amazing Race 16. The problem is in the United flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. There is no way, the brothers can talked a flight attendants to allow them to be in business class (not first class as commented by the winners). I fly United all the time between San Francisco and Shanghai – the plane is the Boeing 777. The first class seats are lay flat 180 degrees version and they were not those in the show. They were clearly in the business class section. I was on the same flight they were on. I am a high level United mileage member and I was on standby for an upgrade from economy to business (which I did not get). The only way United would hold 3 business class seats without putting revenue customers in them is someone buying the business class tickets (3 of them since the camera man also went up to business class section). United never leave the business seats empty when there are revenue customers and upgrade standby customers. The brothers were not an upgrade since the they moved from economy to business right before the landing during final approach into San Francisco. All of the other team members are up when they moved so they did not sneak into business class while they were asleep. The ability to exit the plane first is what gave them the lead and ultimately won the race. So did CBS purchased the business class tickets?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:40 AM »
I don’t want to start rumor or conspiracy but something doesn’t look right in the last leg of the Amazing Race 16. The problem is in the United flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. There is no way, the brothers can talked a flight attendants to allow them to be in business class (not first class as commented by the winners). I fly United all the time between San Francisco and Shanghai – the plane is the Boeing 777. The first class seats are lay flat 180 degrees version and they were not those in the show. They were clearly in the business class section. I was on the same flight they were on. I am a high level United mileage member and I was on standby for an upgrade from economy to business (which I did not get). The only way United would hold 3 business class seats without putting revenue customers in them is someone buying the business class tickets (3 of them since the camera man also went up to business class section). United never leave the business seats empty when there are revenue customers and upgrade standby customers. The brothers were not an upgrade since the they moved from economy to business right before the landing during final approach into San Francisco. All of the other team members are up when they moved so they did not sneak into business class while they were asleep. The ability to exit the plane first is what gave them the lead and ultimately won the race. So did CBS purchased the business class tickets?
Wow.
At the very least you have a basis for a complaint against United... :meow:
Is it possible the brothers talked 4 people into switching seats from business class to economy for the end of the flight. (4 people - 2 brothers, 1 camera and 1 sound guy - I think they always travel in pairs.)
The seats were at the back of business class - aren't they sometimes reserved for crew on long flights?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2010, 07:05:14 AM »
I was under the impression they moved into the crew seats.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2010, 08:24:45 AM »
Airport -> Coit Tower -> Letterman -> Tonga -> Trunk Place -> Candlestick Park seems to be the likely order. If they throw in a memory task, it should be at Hunter's Point (which is adjacent to Candlestick Park).

Do we know when the flight from Shanghai landed? We could then trace the teams' movement from there.

EDIT: Airport -> Letterman -> Tonga -> Coit Tower -> Trunk Place -> Candlestick Park now seems more likely.

Caelestor, UA858 from Shanghai to SFO landed 20 minutes behind schedule on 12/20/09 at 845am. I realize that 2 weeks later this information may not be significant to most and that someone may have already posted it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »
Ray from TAR 7 just posted this at sucks:

In season 7 Deana and I worked on a flight attendant for much of the early part of a flight, complimenting her and flirting as well.  We then made up a bogus issue about our tv not working properly and used that in our argument to get moved up to first class.  This was a long transcontinental flight from South America to South Africa.  Although we did not mention the Race or a million dollars, they had to take note when we told them our camera and sound man had to be provided seats as well or we couldnt make that move.  Once the camera crew started filming us enjoying the benefits of traveling in first class, the flight crew realized something of significance was happening.  The co-pilot came out and we struck up a conversation with him - still not telling him why we were traveling with a camera crew.  He agreed to lead us out of the plane first, before ANY passengers, and he walked us down as we opened and read our next clue.  It involved a Fast Forward and he was able to give us directions to get there first.  We won two vehicles on that leg by accomplishing the fast forward (crossing cooling towers) first.  Our negotiations got us great food and comfort on that flight, and an invaluable contact that gave us his cell phone number, and even agreed to meet us in the middle of the next night so we could follow him to our next roadblock.  Finally I called him on the way to the airport from that roadblock, and even had him book our next tickets for us while we were on the road.  I am still in touch with this co-pilot today!  This was an agressive but effective move that paid off hugely for us.  We did it all within the restrictions of our race.  
RFF's Golden Rule: