Author Topic: Episode 9: East Coast live show updates and commentary  (Read 39744 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: Episode 9: East Coast live show updates and commentary
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
They can use whatever is in their bag.........they are searched before the race.......

Steve used the duct tape to keep from getting eliminated........and last race, Tiffany/Maria used a calculator one of them had packed.....

In every race there seems to be come kind of counting task........Michael was smart to pack his pitch counter.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:19 AM »
I agree with Hooky on the ticker/counter thing. The reason why there are nuances in the task such as the pounding and the loudspeaker announcement of numbers is distrtaction.

If you have a ticker, no amount of distraction will make you lose count.

With the use of the U-Turn, I love it for the reason I love the cowboys to win. lol

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
In every race there seems to be come kind of counting task........Michael was smart to pack his pitch counter.......

Good thing there's something people have learned from previous seasons!  Now, let's hope TPTB won't reward the contestants (for thinking ahead), by prohibiting such devices!

My personal take on the U-Turn (as it relates to the leg moreso than the race itself):

As far as the U-Turn went and whether it really was dumb of the models to use the U-Turn? I think it could go both ways. I think using the U-Turn on Jet/Cord would have been a better plan, as opposed to using it due to dislike (or because Mike/Louie said so). They're a huge threat and were at the same detour as the two rivals. OTOH, I think Brent/Caite targeting Carol/Brandy was fair enough, because a U-Turn on the Cowboys may not have been enough to eliminate them. Since the Cowboys went from last to first (with a Speed Bump, a TAR first) they might have done both and been able to make up enough time to sneak past someone.

All grudges aside, by U-Turning Carol/Brandy, an average team at best, it's better because they were present at the detour, and would more than likely get knocked out due to having to perform both tasks. Plus, they were so pissed, and that probably contributed to their downfall. Then there's Dan/Jordan & Louie/Michael, where by U-Turning those two would have been risky, as one of them could have performed the FF (and did).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »
I had a feeling Allan would appear in this show, as I'm sure, the producers would not pass up this opportunity while in his hometown.

While I like the Fast Forward itself, I pretty much sure the same feelings as others, as far as either have them in most legs or not at all.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
If you have a ticker, no amount of distraction will make you lose count.

That's why bringing the ticker was a smart move
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
Victoria Concert Hall
Singapore Flyer
Speaker's Corner
Bugis Street
Istana Park
Shipyard
Mega Zip
Marina Barrage

Omg, that's alot of locations! :lol:

Anyway, the Mega Zip was awesome! :wohoo:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
I just hope there is another All-Stars and that Carol and Brandy be in it!

Agree with you, so far in this season I think only Carol/Brandy (in fact only Brandy) and the cowboys have all stars quality. Brandy is just good for entertainment and she is not hesitate to say what she wants in front of camera! That's why I like to watch her racing.

For this leg, it's obvious that Caite made terrible mistake to u-turn Carol/Brandy, and I am sure that C/B did not say other bad things in front of her because in insider clips they said they got along with all the teams, so it seems not possible for them to piss Caite off in front. I am just surprised how one moment (even not directly said in front of her) could make them as a target.

And I hate Michael/Louie from the moment they u-turn Joe/Heidi, I don't particularly like Joe but I know how Michael is playing the game. Seriously, how could Michael thinks he is a good racer? Always like to show his muscles on screen (at least the editors keep showing this to us) but race poorly, I just hope they and Caite don't win.