Author Topic: Discovery Channel's "LIFE"  (Read 5283 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Discovery Channel's "LIFE"
« on: March 21, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
There is a new show premiering tonight, Sunday, March 21, 9PM e/p on the Discovery Channel called "Life." The camera work is amazing, bringing closeup views of the animals as you've never seen them before.  

The first episode features a Komodo Dragon hunting a water buffalo. It looks like it will be an amazing series.

For more information: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/life/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:57:16 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: Discover Channel's "LIFE"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »
There is a new show premiering tonight, Sunday, March 21, 9PM e/p on the Discovery Channel called "Life." The camera work is amazing, bringing closeup views of the animals as you've never seen them before. 

The first episode features a Komodo Dragon hunting a water buffalo. It looks like it will be an amazing series.

I saw a preview for this show a few weeks ago! Too bad I missed it!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:31:59 PM »
I had a DVR scheduling conflict so I missed it too, but it replays on Sunday evening at 7PM on the channel so perhaps I can tape it then. (Cannot miss TAR!)  :jam:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »
I had a DVR scheduling conflict so I missed it too, but it replays on Sunday evening at 7PM on the channel so perhaps I can tape it then. (Cannot miss TAR!)  :jam:
Thanks for informing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
Hope we don't miss it again. I double checked the time, it's 7PM EDT.  You can check the schedule here: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/daily.html

I asked for a reminder.  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
I have never discovered  this thread until today, but I did see and tape every episode of LIFE. the photography and dialogue were both excellent. however, this is not the premiere of LIFE. I also discovered that I had taped most, but not all of it, about one year ago also on the Discovery Channel. I highly recommend this, but have no idea when it will be shown again. They did all but two of the episodes on April 18, the Sunday before Earth Day.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Discovery Channel's "LIFE"
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »
This is a replay of previously shown episodes apskip? If so I didn't realize it, I found out about the series because of an interview on Fox News Channel, prompting the show.

I see that there will be three shows on Sunday June 6, 2010 and three the following week.

CHALLENGES OF LIFE
On Animal Planet Sunday, June 6, at 8 PM e/p
Kicking off Life, this episode provides an overview of the extraordinary strategies our planet's animals and plants have developed to stay alive as individuals and as species.

REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS
On Animal Planet Sunday, June 6, at 9 PM e/p
Amphibians and reptiles are masters of survival because they've devised extraordinary tricks and strategies.

MAMMALS

On Animal Planet Sunday, June 6, at 10 PM e/p
Mammals are found in every habitat except the deep ocean. Besides their signature physical traits of fat, fur and warm blood, they are unique among animals in the care they lavish on their young.

More here: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/life/episodes.html

Offline kavin

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Discovery Channel's "LIFE"
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

WOW!! Superb..... I really like this episode.