Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)  (Read 115723 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »
On the Chopping Board:
Carol & Brandy: Spotted in Singapore (but may be decoys)
Steve & Allie: Possibly spotted in Singapore (but may be decoys)

Just to clarify some things I am seeing misquoted elsewhere...Both of these teams are now believed to be actively racing in Penang.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Leg 7 will be a non-elim, then. :lol:

And I was wondering about the "re". Someone must have mistakenly deleted the beginning of the word. The webmonkeys sure know how to make mistakes (or would those be the pressmonkeys?). :lol:

Then what about Carol & Brandy doing the ice-cream task in Singapore??

What about it? If nobody is eliminated on Leg 7, then Leg 8 would eliminate either Steve & Allie or Carol & Brandy, and one of these teams would really race in Singapore and the other would run decoy.

I always thought about the Penang leg being the non-elimination, because only Carol & Brandy were spotted doing the ice-cream task in Singapore...

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:36:35 PM »
i am thinking otherwise, i think Singapore leg might be the 2nd non-elimination leg, so Seychelles and Malaysia episode could be elimination legs
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 12:10:06 AM »
i am thinking otherwise, i think Singapore leg might be the 2nd non-elimination leg, so Seychelles and Malaysia episode could be elimination legs

I wouldn't be surprised if Seychelles was the non-elimination leg. The boot order would then be exactly the same as TAR 6's.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:14 AM »
On the Chopping Board:

Just to clarify some things I am seeing misquoted elsewhere...Both of these teams are now believed to be actively racing in Penang.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Leg 7 will be a non-elim, then. :lol:

And I was wondering about the "re". Someone must have mistakenly deleted the beginning of the word. The webmonkeys sure know how to make mistakes (or would those be the pressmonkeys?). :lol:

Then what about Carol & Brandy doing the ice-cream task in Singapore??

What about it? If nobody is eliminated on Leg 7, then Leg 8 would eliminate either Steve & Allie or Carol & Brandy, and one of these teams would really race in Singapore and the other would run decoy.

I always thought about the Penang leg being the non-elimination, because only Carol & Brandy were spotted doing the ice-cream task in Singapore...

I don't get what you're trying to say. Oh wait, you're implying that the ice-cream task is a Speed Bump that Carol & Brandy have to do for being last on a non-elimination leg in Penang. Well, it could be. But it doesn't have to be a Speed Bump task just because only Carol & Brandy were spotted doing it. It could be a Detour option that only they choose to complete.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 8: 're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »
EDITED: Did I get everything alright huh Peach?

COMPILATION OF PENANG RELATED POSTS IN RFF

:barline

EP08: Seychelles to Penang, Malaysia

EVIDENCE: Phil likely spotted in Penang International Airport McDonald’s (departure area) on December 15 (apx 5:45pm); Frat team spotted on flight from Kuala Lumpur to Penang (MH1138)

Air Date: April 4, 2010

Film Date: DEC 14-15?

Route:
ROUTE INFO: Find Kuan Yin Teng Temple?
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted at Kek Lok Si Temple (the wrong location) around 11am, possibly looking for Kuan Yin Teng (Mike & Louie possibly first team to arrive at Kek Lok Si, then Dan & Jordan, then “Father/Daughter” team)

Safe From Elimination at End of Episode:
Brent & Caitlin?: Possibly spotted in San Francisco (Final 3?)
Jet & Cord?: Possibly spotted in San Francisco (Final 3?)
Dan & Jordan?: Possibly spotted in San Francisco (Final 3?)
Mike & Louie?: Possibly spotted in Shanghai (Final 4?)

On the Chopping Board this leg:

:barline

Okay. I've had enough. I'll try not to mess with TAR Stuff. I retire from compiling these things.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:29:03 PM by uycooky »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 8: 're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
EDITED: Did I get everything alright huh Peach?

COMPILATION OF PENANG RELATED POSTS IN RFF

EP08: Seychelles to Penang, Malaysia

Air Date: March 27, 2010

The Air Date should be April 4, 2010.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »

I don't get what you're trying to say. Oh wait, you're implying that the ice-cream task is a Speed Bump that Carol & Brandy have to do for being last on a non-elimination leg in Penang. Well, it could be. But it doesn't have to be a Speed Bump task just because only Carol & Brandy were spotted doing it. It could be a Detour option that only they choose to complete.

Another possibility is that they are decoys and just decided to stop to get an ice cream cone on a hot Singapore day.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »

Another possibility is that they are decoys and just decided to stop to get an ice cream cone on a hot Singapore day.

No, likely not. If my memory is correct, the ice cream stand had a flag.

Edit: Yep, it does. Take a look.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:25:16 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »

Carol & Brandy are safe. Steve & Allie are the decoys (if my source is correct, they "girl with ang moh man, older" were spotted running shortly after Carol & Brandy did their task)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »

Carol & Brandy are safe. Steve & Allie are the decoys (if my source is correct, they "girl with ang moh man, older" were spotted running shortly after Carol & Brandy did their task)

I am missing something...how does seeing Steve and Aliie running make them decoys?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »

I am missing something...how does seeing Steve and Aliie running make them decoys?? ???

We're trying to figure out which of them get eliminated in Penang...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:27 PM »
You just said they are decoys in Singapore based on seeing them running. I don't get your reasoning? Just asking for clarification....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »
You just said they are decoys in Singapore based on seeing them running. I don't get your reasoning? Just asking for clarification....

They were not seen doing the task?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
I am feeling totally dense here...what task? running where? And the fact that someone didn't see them does not mean they didn't do it, right?

Sorry, but I am just not understanding what you are saying.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »
ok, my gut feeling is getting more and more strong, that steve and allie might be the team eliminated in seychelles for losing their bags, and carol and brandy were eliminated in malaysia, and it loooks like to me that singapore leg really could be a non elimination leg, as TAR3 saw john vito and jill eliminated in singa[pore, mount faber, and the production will not want to arrange a team to be eliminated in singapore again
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 01:07:21 AM »
ok, my gut feeling is getting more and more strong, that steve and allie might be the team eliminated in seychelles for losing their bags, and carol and brandy were eliminated in malaysia, and it loooks like to me that singapore leg really could be a non elimination leg, as TAR3 saw john vito and jill eliminated in singa[pore, mount faber, and the production will not want to arrange a team to be eliminated in singapore again

Two NELs in a row seem highly unlikely. I predict an elimination order like TAR 6, which means no one's going home in Seychelles.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 01:22:13 AM »
who knows we all guessed wrong, maybe malaysia leg could be a non elimination leg

Two NELs in a row seem highly unlikely. I predict an elimination order like TAR 6, which means no one's going home in Seychelles.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:10 AM »

Yeah... but how do you lose your bags?? I mean, okay, losing your passport or fanny pack I understand, but short of getting it stolen, a bag is kind of a big thing to lose right?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 06:49:11 AM »

That's quite a stretch to predict that World Race Productions would "not want to arrange a team to be eliminated in singapore again." I think that anywhere the Amazing Race has been is open to future elimination legs. In fact, there is the concept of the switchback, which specifically requires them to do esactly the same task again.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 10:09:12 AM »

They've eliminated multiple teams in the same country before - heck, Chile has led to 5 eliminations; Argentina 6.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »

They were not seen doing the task?

That doesn't matter. Decoys have been spotted doing tasks before. Example: Maria & Tiffany in Estonia at the Blackheads House. The ice cream stand could still be a task (or more likely a place where they just get a clue) with Carol & Brandy there solely for decoy purposes. Without more information about the sightings (like how frantic the teams were or whether they had sound men with them) we don't really know which team was the decoy and which wasn't.

And yes, both teams could be decoys, but given past seasons, it's highly unlikely we'll have two Final 4 non-eliminations in a row again. It was anticlimatic last time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »
My hint for this episode:

Big thanks to Lucie for the use of the photo! You can see more of her wonderful photography here www.luciedebelkova.com or http://www.luciedebelkova.com/Travel/Asia/Malaysia/8070297_76bX6#756201633_xQmuy
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »
My hint for this episode:

Big thanks to Lucie for the use of the photo! You can see more of her wonderful photography here www.luciedebelkova.com or http://www.luciedebelkova.com/Travel/Asia/Malaysia/8070297_76bX6#756201633_xQmuy

I'm incensed this is the only hint you are providing right now. ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
Haha good one! :lol3:

Actually, it could be the large economy size instead...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
From the preview: CHINGAY!!

Lots of CHINGAY info and videos here:

http://www.squidoo.com/chingay

In Chinese dialect Hokkien "Chin Yi" or "Chin Gay" which means real art or true art.

This real art or true art is skillfully displayed by using the flag pole (Bamboo pole) and the flag pole ranges from 25 ft to 32 ft, the length of the flag is around 25ft, made from silk and the total weight of these materials is around 60 pounds.

The "Chingay" is a spectacular procession. The Bamboo pole carried perpendicularly by a steward bearer or performers with half-a-dozen others taking turn. The steward bearer/performers will normally balance huge poles with enormous triangular flags, on their forehands,chin,lower jaws and shoulders.

RFF's Golden Rule: