Author Topic: Episodes 3 updates and commentary*please read the rules!*  (Read 32406 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episodes 3 updates and commentary*please read the rules!*
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »
Idk, the cowboys seem to be alone at the bar and the FF is usually a double when there's an Intersection. Maybe they're just hanging out waiting at an Hours of Operation? ???

If you were racing for 1M dollars, would you get yourself drunk (or at least somewhat intoxicated) for any non-race related task? I just can't see them drinking anything but water or soda even if they don't get drunk off that much beer.  Also, note that the mugs are in the shape of boots so it's probably some sort of touristy thing that the bar is famous for. Even assuming they wanted a beer waiting at an hours of operation, it makes no sense to order a beer that big.

Them being alone would make it seem more likely that it's FF. I gotta believe the teams get some airport bunching so them being alone makes it seem like they went for the FF. And it looks like they're trying to chug it down, which also makes it look like they're trying to rush through it.
But if there's just a single-team FF then the Intersection stops working. After thinking about it, maybe that's part of the Detour (which probably comes after the Intersection and Roadblock)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 11:04:52 PM »
[
But if there's just a single-team FF then the Intersection stops working. After thinking about it, maybe that's part of the Detour (which probably comes after the Intersection and Roadblock)

You're right. The intersection would not work, which means there is probably no FF. Unless it comes after the intersection, which could happen, but unlikely. I don't remember a FF coming after a roadblock/detour.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »
 :groan:  yikes! talk about bad timing, for CBS.  Jet & Cord win a Travelocity 10-day trip to Patagonia... which happens to include a stay in Santiago, Chile.   Probably won't be booking flights there any time soon.  Maybe they can trade BB Jordeff for those Whistler Olympic Bobsled tickets....   :(   oh wait.... nevermind....  :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:19 AM »
It breaks my heart to see my moms getting eliminated. This is another time i felt the task are just so gender discrimination again.. almost all the girls who did it struggled with it.. but since Team Ellen Degeneres didn't struggle as badly as the moms.. i guessed the right technique is needed too. I really felt like crying.. after seeing them try so hard but still getting eliminated.

Team I don't care whether they are detectives should be ashamed that they're staying in the race just because they are physically stronger than the eliminated team. It's a wonder how they're surviving and i really dislike them. They remind me of Andrew and Dan, but at least A/D were entertaining. This team reeks of annoyance.

Team Gay Brothers are just so.... :res: Love Team Father and Daughter.. worked so well and a well deserved second place! I don't know why, but i'm growing on Brent and Caite.. i have a usual gastric pain and i know how frustrated it is to have to continue with your daily activities and still enduring the pain. It is no wonder they are frustrated with one another.. because they are on a race and can't even stop to rest!

I'm also growing on the cowboys, because they are not cocky and they are smart and know what they're doing. Very impressed with them. Didn't know i'll actually even have a tinge of liking for them. Team Big Brother are pretty much.... dumb and i'm placing my bet that they are eliminated next. Team Asian are doing considerably well and working very good as a team!

Loved the RB, but if only Monique/Shawne could have performed better. I thought the directions detour was actually very good and both choices were actually a good showcase of the pros/cons of each task. If you're physically weak, you do the directions. If you're mentally .. not so smart.. you do the physical task. But if you're not good at either, you prepare to get eliminated. Lol.

If only my grandma and the moms stayed.. i would have loved this season so much more. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2010, 05:22:16 AM »
Just a side note, doesn't this season goes back to TAR, TAR 2, TAR 6, TAR 7, TAR 9 and TAR 12, where the 9th and 10th place teams are all-female teams.

Which is freaky.. imagine 7 out of 16 seasons had such a trend.

And another team falls to the 9th place all female team curse. TAR, TAR 2, TAR 3, TAR 6, TAR 7, TAR 9, TAR 12 and TAR 16. 8 out of 16 seasons.

Sigh.... when will an all-female team win.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
Wow. I've been thinking this season was too easy, with its watered-down tasks and such. But if there's one thing that this episode proved to me, it is that this particular course is designed to be easy out of pure necessity, because this batch of teams is (for the most part) strangely lacking in intelligence. I'm not just talking about Jeff & Jordan, either. With the exception of Jet & Cord, Steve & Allie, and Monique & Shawne, I think every team made a mistake on this leg. This does not bode well for the remaining teams, since yet another of the "smart" teams was eliminated. (I only say they are "smart" because they are the only teams that have the average intelligence of Pre-Season 12 teams) After this point, the results for the remainder of the season may simply come down to who makes the worst mistake, rather than who makes a mistake, period. I'm not sure what to make of this. :res:

On the plus side for this week, we got to enjoy and laugh at the errors of the teams we don't like (while hating the errors of those we do), we got to see a somewhat surprising (but still sad) elimination for those who knew the spoilers, and we had more self-driving and departures (thank goodness, it feels so refreshing). And with the self-driving came the opportunity to see the team numbers (which this season were covered up in black on the backpacks by producers trying to hide it for no apparent reason). I enjoyed that, even if nobody else did, because I like to analyze the numbers they give to certain teams and why. :lol:

And it's the first time in a while (I think since TAR 6) that we've had a team depart at a different time than their scheduled one. Interesting indeed.

As for next week, the Intersection makes a return? Why? I (and I thought most other people as well) loathe it. Usually what it does is drags a strong team down by tying them to a weaker one, or makes one team wait for hours for the next team to arrive. Plus I don't think a Fast Forward should be done by two combined teams unless it counts as having been completed for both teams (unlike Oswald & Danny in All-Stars). This could have been an interesting surprise if they had waited to reveal it during the episode, but instead, by revealing it this early, they ruined the entertainment value of the surprise. And that just makes me disappointed, rather than surprised. :groan: But I still think it will be a great episode. Wonder what Jet & Cord were doing all by themselves on a leg with an Intersection, though. ???
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2010, 08:21:06 AM »
It breaks my heart to see my moms getting eliminated. This is another time i felt the task are just so gender discrimination again.. almost all the girls who did it struggled with it.. but since Team Ellen Degeneres didn't struggle as badly as the moms.. i guessed the right technique is needed too. I really felt like crying.. after seeing them try so hard but still getting eliminated.

Unlike the case with Maria/Tiffany (which is dubious, I think), Monica/Shawne (and the other teams) had a nonphysical Detour task they could elect to do (unless walking gets them down, idk  :duno:). Had they switched earlier they probably would've survived, I think. They had a lot of heart though, and I'll miss them.

Based on how this is going, I'm very curious as to how the spoilers will pan out. (though, as Hooky said, it might come down to who screws up the most on each leg).

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
Really nice tasks on this leg

Quite a difficult detour, If only Monique and Shawne did better, Not really one of my favorite teams but I was not happy when they got eliminated, They were quite good and tried their best.

I'm rooting for the cowboys!  :wohoo: They're my favorite and they did very well in this leg!   :hearts:  :yess:(though it seems like they had an advantage with the tasks) Still they're my faves!

the intersection is coming back on the next leg, I wonder how the teams will do

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
Did Phil mention the earthquake in Chile at the beginning of the episode? I didn't see it on the Canadian broadcast. Maybe it didn't get distributed in time?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
It was in the first commercial spot after the Intro I think...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
It was in the first commercial spot after the Intro I think...

Yeah, so that's why I didn't see it either. I watched commercial-free at a later time.

Was it anything special or was it pretty boring?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis