Author Topic: TAR Disaster Curse  (Read 318651 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Disaster Curse
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2019, 12:25:14 AM »
Now that the final city has been revealed, this is no longer a spoiler. This happened a few days after the finale was filmed nearby.

This is a little too close.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2018/07/06/boblo-boat-burns-detroit-marina/763257002/

Detroit — Generations of Metro Detroiters recall cruising aboard the Boblo boat SS Ste. Claire, but those cherished memories went up in flames Friday as the historic steamship caught fire while docked along the Detroit River it plied for nearly 90 years.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: October 05, 2019, 03:21:40 PM »
Star City, which was shown a couple of weeks ago on TAR Israel, had a massive fire on Wednesday.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/02/19/fire-hits-star-city-in-pasay

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #427 on: December 03, 2020, 06:09:31 AM »
My home city & country: Manila, Philippines will be feature on next week's episode of TAR 32 & last October & early November, 5 typhoons had struck here.  And there was massive floods and destruction had brought it in some provinces in Luzon especially in Manila.  :'(

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #428 on: March 24, 2023, 09:53:48 PM »
Here we go again. A minor earthquake happened tonight at the province of Córdoba in Argentina where the race was filmed some months ago.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2023, 04:21:35 PM »
Nashville, the Season 34 finale city, had a mass shooting at a school.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2023, 09:33:42 AM »
An earthquake happen near Marrakech, Morocco (TAR25 Leg 5 and 6) https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/08/africa/morocco-6-8-magnitude-earthquake-intl-hnk/index.html

Offline Tober2005

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2023, 08:48:53 PM »
I don't really know if this ever happened on the Amazing Race or not, but I head that on the news last month that there were wildfires spreading all over Maui and people had to evacuate from their homes with nothing much to do. Don't know if it's still happening now or not.
just graduated from high school. moving off to college soon.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2023, 09:51:46 PM »
Is it really a disaster curse if it happens many years later? We can't attribute every disaster to every hit anywhere ever visited by TAR as part of a disaster curse

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: September 11, 2023, 09:05:08 AM »
Is it really a disaster curse if it happens many years later? We can't attribute every disaster to every hit anywhere ever visited by TAR as part of a disaster curse
This is what I am thinking. TAR has gone to half the world, it is expected something will happen.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #434 on: November 14, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »
What's been happening during the last days in Iceland still counts as part of the curse?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #435 on: November 14, 2023, 06:01:23 PM »

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the original "disaster curse" was the prevalence of disasters occurring after filming, but before airing. Examples of the actual curse include TAR6 Sri Lanka, TAR8 New Orleans, etc. This thread has since devolved into "TAR was here once and something bad is happening", but hardly anything here actually reflects the curse anymore.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2023, 04:22:09 PM »
After the Irish leg trailer was posted last night, Irish singer Shane MacGowan (lead singer of The Pogues) died at 65.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2023, 04:25:12 PM »
The mass shooting in Prague the other day that killed 16 and injured 25 :(

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-22/prague-czech-shooting-fifteen-dead/103257814

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2023, 11:50:56 AM »
Not saying it isn’t sad but someplace visited 6 years ago isn’t part of the TAR Disaster Curse