Author Topic: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)  (Read 91023 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
If you can't do a RB, it is a 4 hour penalty....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »
EEK...That's a long time...And that is the weirdest looking lasso I have seen with that brass ring on it..Did it look like Jeff lassoed the steer OK? Which end is doing the roping?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:05:22 AM by DianeC »

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »
EEK...That's a long time...And that is the weirdest looking lasso I have seen with that brass ring on it..Did it look like Jeff lassoed the steer OK? Which end is doing the roping?

Did any team lasso the steer the right way besides the cowboys?   :lol3:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2010, 12:10:16 AM »

Can anyone do a better translation please??

I'm not fluent in Spanish, but I think where it says, "stay Fortin Chacabuco" the word "estancia" should be translated as "Ranch" rather than "stay." (It can have both meanings, as well as "visit" or even "stanza.")

And, I think the metal ring on the lasso is just to make it easier.  It would normally just be a rope loop, which might tighten up if not handled properly, and make it harder.

I think Jeff got it, but I don't know if he still has to tighten the loop, and then it might fall off before he completes the task.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:14:12 AM by chill_sd »

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2010, 12:13:28 AM »

Did any team lasso the steer the right way besides the cowboys?   :lol3:

OKOK, I mean..what is that silly ring? Don't you use the BIG end of the lasso to rope with? That pix just makes no sense as far as lassoing that rope AROUND the horns! :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2010, 12:16:23 AM »
Thanks chills, that makes MUCH more sense!

Diane, Slowhatch posted a guide to roping upstream, if you want to see how it is done...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
Thanks chills, that makes MUCH more sense!

Diane, Slowhatch posted a guide to roping upstream, if you want to see how it is done...

Thx Peach..Can you leave any breadcrumbs for me to find this upstream lassoing? Sound like I am going fly-fishing...LMBO

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »
Here's a lasso, with a rope ring.  The metal ring replaces that part.  Even this rope loop is fixed, so it doesn't tighten up.

PS- Any way you look at it, Jet or Cord should have no trouble with this roadblock.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:29:23 AM by chill_sd »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »
Here's a lasso, with a rope ring.  The metal ring replaces that part.  Even this rope loop is fixed, so it doesn't tighten up.

PS- Any way you look at it, Jet or Cord should have no trouble with this roadblock.

Thx Chill....It just looks weird to me..like does that ring need to go around the horn? I went to those videos from Slowhatch and all i know now is where to buy a dummy head!LOL
YES....This whole Leg is geared for the cowboys....Hmmmmmmmmmm (:;)

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »

Thx Chill....It just looks weird to me..like does that ring need to go around the horn? I went to those videos from Slowhatch and all i know now is where to buy a dummy head!LOL

The ring itself would not go around or on the horn per se.  Imagine a slip knot, the ring is the small loop that  the length of rope goes through to make the bigger loop that is used to "hook" the horn. Sliding the length of the rope through the ring controls the size of the loop, pulling the slack out tightens it up.

Does that make sense?

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2010, 10:51:51 AM »

The ring itself would not go around or on the horn per se.  Imagine a slip knot, the ring is the small loop that  the length of rope goes through to make the bigger loop that is used to "hook" the horn. Sliding the length of the rope through the ring controls the size of the loop, pulling the slack out tightens it up.

Does that make sense?

Ahhhh, YESSSSSSSS :yess:......so it doesn't look good for Jeff then..like he's just hooked the ring and lost the loop of the circled lasso??? :'(

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »
No, I agree with Chill.  Although the picture might be a bit deceiving, it looks like Jeff does have it, he just needs to carefully pull the slack out of the rope....unless they have to "rope" both horns, which would be much harder  :duno:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:03:16 AM by slpdx »

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
I sure hope so and thx for the words of encoragement, but that rope looks pretty precariously positioned to me! :res:

BTW....I am glad TAR got out of Chile  and i pray for their country and all the ppl lost after Saturday's earthquake: :'(
http://latestnewsalert.com/

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Seinfeld+name+will+spark+interest+series/2621613/story.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/2010wintergames/Record+audiences+expected+view+curling/2621637/story.html

Both left out Germany in thier write-ups  :duno:

- The Amazing Race is off and running and, incredibly, after 15 seasons over nine years, this edition shows early signs of being one of the most entertaining races yet. In Sunday's leg, dubbed "Run Like Scalded Dogs!", the remaining teams race from Chile to Argentina, and then on to France. Chile-Argentina goes by in the blink of an eye. Argentina-France, not so much. (A, CBS)

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »
Episode Synopsis: THE AMAZING RACE 16 Episode 3 "Run Like Scalded Dogs! (Argentina)" - The nine remaining teams depart the Pit Stop at Gruta de la Virgen in Puerto Varas, Chile and head to Argentina where one detour consists of carrying a wooden horse through a Polo Training Field and hitting a ball inside the goal in order to receive the next clue and a Road Block where one teammate must use a lariat to lasso a wooden target in order to receive their next clue.

Read more: THE AMAZING RACE 16 Episode 3 "Run Like Scalded Dogs! (Argentina)" | Daemon's TV http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/02/27/the-amazing-race-16-episode-3-run-like-scalded-dogs-argentina/#ixzz0gnHEmQ6u

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2010, 12:18:37 AM »
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Seinfeld+name+will+spark+interest+series/2621613/story.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/2010wintergames/Record+audiences+expected+view+curling/2621637/story.html

Both left out Germany in thier write-ups  :duno:

- The Amazing Race is off and running and, incredibly, after 15 seasons over nine years, this edition shows early signs of being one of the most entertaining races yet. In Sunday's leg, dubbed "Run Like Scalded Dogs!", the remaining teams race from Chile to Argentina, and then on to France. Chile-Argentina goes by in the blink of an eye. Argentina-France, not so much. (A, CBS)

This is interesting....if this is someone writing on the basis of seeing a couple of future episodes...the only reason I can think of for saying that would be if there was some sort of TBC...:duno: because I thought TBC's were extinct. Anyway, it can't be on the basis of this episode alone... And I thought reviewers were usually only given one episode at a time to review?? ???

But more likely, someone just got their wires crossed...we KNOW from the press releases that we have Germany first then France.

Strange...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2010, 01:05:07 AM »
Sunday's "Amazing Race" to acknowledge the Chile earthquake
By: Michael Schneider

"The Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan is taping a special opening to Sunday night's edition of "The Amazing Race," in which he'll acknowledge Friday night's massive earthquake in Chile.

The quake in Chile  -- measuring an incredible 8.8 on the Richter scale -- came, coincidentally, right as the country is enjoying some major publicity in the United States, thanks to "The Amazing Race."

Last Sunday's episode was entirely shot in Chile -- including stops in Santiago, Temuco and Puerto Varas. The seg ended with a Pit Stop located at Gruta de la Virgen in Puerto Varas. That's where this Sunday's episode will pick up as well.

According to CBS, the Emmy-winning series will now include a hastily-produced message at the start of Sunday's episode, as host Keoghan explains that the "Race" episodes were taped months ago. Keoghan will also direct viewers on where to find more information on how to help the people of Chile.

This isn't the first time "The Amazing Race" has had to acknowledge natural disasters that took place after filming. In 2005, the show ran a disclaimer before an episode that took place in Sri Lanka -- and filmed several weeks before the deadly 2004 tsunami struck that country.

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010/02/sundays-amazing-race-to-acknowledge-the-chile-earthquake.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
How reliable is Murtz and how would he hear more than you do?

How well do you trust his writings? I put the link on The Media site....

The Amazing Race 16 (CBS) 8 p.m.

The nine remaining teams travel from Chile to Argentina.

Murtz says: Not looking good for the Big Brother team.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:16:03 PM by DianeC »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »

Can you post the link to Murtz?

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »

Can you post the link to Murtz?

source: http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/02/27/iptv-weekend-the-amazing-race-16-desperate-housewives-cbs-

Just don't know what his source is, do you???

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
Scratch that. Sorry. I'm mixing up the stunt-casted couples.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
Could Jeff look anymore hot in this picture???  OMG!

:tup:

"Run Like Scalded Dogs! (Argentina)" -- Jeff performs a Road Block in which one team member must use a lariat to lasso a wooden target in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday

Isn't there a fansite for this?

Oh come on......

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
 :waves: puddin, was nice enough to make a thread for Jeff and Jordan fans. I will have to find the link.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:11:01 PM by Sailing »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
No personal discussions please. We had enough about this in the other threads already.

Re Murtz...he knows everyone, just not sure he would spoil the team who goes like that...but yes, it is possible.

And the timing of J/J doing that show posted in the Media thread...seems somewhat unusual to me. But I don't kniow for sure who goes...only J/J amd the Wangs would be my 2 most likely, since they used the Mom's pic in the TV Guide blurb for next week. But that is a GUESS.
RFF's Golden Rule: