Author Topic: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)  (Read 91030 times)

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
Questions: We don't see any of the polo players with their gnome, so would they have to carry it at all times, or could they put it down with their packs, jackets, etc., while completing the task and then just make sure to have it at the pitstop? 

I also like the idea that teams only get a gnome with a particular or winning hand, could it possibly result in a bonus prize if they get to the mat first?

DavidJunior

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 12:21:40 PM »
Questions: We don't see any of the polo players with their gnome, so would they have to carry it at all times, or could they put it down with their packs, jackets, etc., while completing the task and then just make sure to have it at the pitstop?  

I also like the idea that teams only get a gnome with a particular or winning hand, could it possibly result in a bonus prize if they get to the mat first?

I think it's like clues and passports, if you don't have it with you, you're not checking in.

Just make sure you have it with you at the end of the leg and your fine.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »
In this weeks TV Guide I received this morning, first picture is the moms reading a clue and TV Guide sayingmthe teams will be in Germany.   In the schedule for Sunday 8/7/10  (The Teams fly to Germany and retrace the early days of the Beatles). 

So, that means M/S are still in the race and that leaves JJ & J/H that are eliminated this episode, yes?

Offline annie367

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »
In this weeks TV Guide I received this morning, first picture is the moms reading a clue and TV Guide sayingmthe teams will be in Germany.   In the schedule for Sunday 8/7/10  (The Teams fly to Germany and retrace the early days of the Beatles). 

So, that means M/S are still in the race and that leaves JJ & J/H that are eliminated this episode, yes?

The picture of Monique and Shawne is from episode one, after they finished painting the house. They're wearing the same clothes.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:13 PM »

The picture of Monique and Shawne is from episode one, after they finished painting the house. They're wearing the same clothes.

Unless, they rewear the same outfits, since they can't bring many clothes in their packs! I hope you are correct tho!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
Could someone scan and post that pic into the ep 4 thread please??
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21707.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2010, 01:12:05 PM »
Peach, she is right cuz I can see the house behind them that were painted, so we are back to the same 3 teams possibly out.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2010, 01:14:49 PM »
Okay, thanks... 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
The treasure hunters have to carry their gnome, but the polo players get a pass? ???
Also fwiw (probably not much) a compass in Nirihuau will show a 7 1/2 degree error.

Speculation: maybe only the teams that won the poker game got a gnome.

I love that idea!! :jumpy:

And what if you have no gnome?

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
Speculation

Based on how Brandy/Carol get distracted on the detour, and Joe's fall faceward off the wooden horse (which didn't sound good at all!) leads me to believe they are the last two battling out for elimination. Walkingpneumonia's time stamp put Joe/Heidi on the detour at 2pm (if I read that right) which they'd be behind at least 4-5 teams (also listed with those time stamps). It would make sense for those two teams to be at the roadblock at the same time, if it comes after the detour, since the excursion to the emergency room can put Joe/Heidi back even more. Carol/Brandy could end up at the roadblock just before Joe/Heidi, all battling for elimination, and then end up finishing first just after Joe/Heidi arrive; if Joe is the one to seek medical attention, he might not want to bow out of the race and will try to finish respectively since the injury could have knocked the wind out of him and they checked it out at the ER to make sure nothing was broken.

I don't think the moms are eliminated because they are shown in the aforementioned TV Guide snippet. It wouldn't make sense if they were.

There could also be another bus switchup like the last leg where there are more than two buses to take and depending on connection points....anything can happen.

I hope you enjoyed reading this  B:) thank you! ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
The roadblock is spec'd to be first, upstream. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »
Well.... I was just listening to the preview again, and it sounds like they spliced two clips together. Listen to about 0:22, when one of them says "I can't do anything right." There is a bit of a pause between anything and right.

And it appears that the detour may be the third task. There are two clues in their hands, so you can guess that wherever they are going is the third task.

And there is definitively a Route Info before the Detour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »
fwiw I think its Brandy who falls. My local cable has just taken the weather border off maybe I can get a clearer video.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
I can clearly hear that it is a woman, a better video would be fabulous!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2010, 01:19:33 AM »
The treasure hunters have to carry their gnome, but the polo players get a pass? ???
Also fwiw (probably not much) a compass in Nirihuau will show a 7 1/2 degree error.

Speculation: maybe only the teams that won the poker game got a gnome.

I love that idea!! :jumpy:

And what if you have no gnome?
It would be a good idea if only the teams who 'win' get a gnome, which you do NOT need to check in to the Pit Stop. The first team WITH a gnome wins a cool prize in that leg. :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
fwiw I think its Brandy who falls. My local cable has just taken the weather border off maybe I can get a clearer video.

puddin has the team right, :jumpy: just Carol not Brandy. We know they are in the right place, they have the gnome, and the jacket is a match I think.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2010, 04:01:00 AM »

Allie and Steve. It looks like the person falling has on a purplish/blue jacket and the other person has a hat on like Steve's.  :duno:

http://earthtojebber.com/

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2010, 06:11:08 AM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:15:24 AM by Acoustic »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »
I don't know Sailing.....The jacket shot I got upstream seems to show her jacket as more maroonish to my eye. And I really thnk the other person is a woman.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
Not sure if this is captured elsewhere, but the photo of Steve and Allie on the bus was taken at 2009-12-02 10:18:55-05:00 and the photo taken of the TAR crew getting off the bus in Villa la Angostura was taken at 2009-12-02 10:20:01-05:00.
They get off the bus outside the Italago Galeria - right beside the Belfast Irish Pub! :jam:

Does anyone else think that Steve's face looks kinda scratched in the photo in the bus?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »
 :badhorse:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
From Jebbers photos http://earthtojebber.com/ we can see that there were 5 TAR crews at least that got off the bus in Villa la Angostura.
So it looks like Steve and Allie are with a pack of other racers.
Sorry about the size of the image - if you want an even larger size let me know...

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
 :tup:  here's the panoramio pix of the galeria.  Too bad the town of Villa La Angostura is in the "fuzzies" on Google Earth.  (maybe Bing maps will have a clearer view)  ;)  Nope!   (:;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:03:44 AM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2010, 10:52:03 AM »
turns out the Irish Pub is on Facebook :lol:. There are several photoalbums you can browse...I am not convinced so far.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=163206&id=187254438833#!/belfastirishpub

Here is a list of places in town...remember from jebber we are looking for "Old Joint" which could be a WRP name. The closest I see is OLD TIMES but can't find a picture yet.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.welcomeargentina.com/villalaangostura/gastronomia.html&ei=6_qHS72QJpGYtgesoKCqDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBAQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbelfast%2Birish%2Bpub%2Band%2Bcoffee%2B%252Bvilla%2Bde%2Bangostura%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADRA_enUS340US340
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2010, 10:59:39 AM »
turns out the Irish Pub is on Facebook :lol:. There are several photoalbums you can browse...I am not convinced so far.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=163206&id=187254438833#!/belfastirishpub

Here is a list of places in town...remember from jebber we are looking for "Old Joint" which could be a WRP name. The closest I see is OLD TIMES but can't find a picture yet.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.welcomeargentina.com/villalaangostura/gastronomia.html&ei=6_qHS72QJpGYtgesoKCqDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBAQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbelfast%2Birish%2Bpub%2Band%2Bcoffee%2B%252Bvilla%2Bde%2Bangostura%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADRA_enUS340US340
Interestingly (to me at least) they seem to have a collection of Beatles albums on the wall of the Irish pub. I don't think the chairs or the rest of the decor match the poker game images.