Author Topic: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)  (Read 91088 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
I'm wondering if the Emergency Room is a case of "Just Visiting."  Maybe they just go in there to ask directions.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »
No, I don't think so.

There have been teams in the past where a team member suffered an injury during a task that required . (Gretchen, maybe?). One of the brothers in season 5 suffered an injury and couldn't continue; Danny from season 2 required medical treatment and a prescription for gout during the South Africa winery pit stop in season 2; and the dad in an early season dad-and-daughter team did go to the emergency room for treatment, but continued in the Race; so this won't be the first time there's been a serious injury.

But I am as curious as to what caused the injury and to who needed to go to the emergency room.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:19:46 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
J/J were the first to jump in my mind for the ER visit.  I remember seeing a couple of interviews (I think EW was the first) where they were asked about getting hurt or being sick, they obviously gave vague answers but Jeff was always quick to point out that they are fine NOW.  Hopefully whoever it is, it's nothing serious and not the reason they leave the race.

AmazingDT

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
I think it could be Carol and Brandy who get lost or Joe's over confidence? :duno:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »

RACERS ARE STEERED OFF COURSE WHILE RACING THROUGH THE EXPANSIVE ARGENTINIAN COUNTRYSIDE AND ONE TEAM FINDS THEMSELVES IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, FEB. 28 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina) – A Team is led astray when one Racer overestimates their ability to use a compass while another team rushes off the Race and into an emergency room, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

Could it be Jeff or Jordan?

Ya think? The couple can’t give discuss specifics, though Lloyd recalls having some concerns about the show’s physical demands. “I don’t like to work out. Everybody knows that. If I work out one day, I want to see results and so yeah I was worried,” she says. “Though I was more so worried about having to eat a bug or something. I would rather Jeff eat a bug than me.” When asked if the two ever got hurt, Schroeder would only say, “We are in perfect health right now.”

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/02/03/amazing-race-jeff-jordan/

:duno:

Does sound like either Jeff or Jordan could be injured enough to go into the ER.  It might not be serious enough to keep them out of the Race, but it might put them far enough behind that they get knocked out of the Race anyway.  Rotten luck if that happens.

Belle Book

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
what makes everyone think it Jeff and Jordan she was having problems with her stomach in the beginning of the race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
And how do you know that kimj??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
she said that when she was in Vegas and on live at the studio. she said at the beginning of the race her stomach was really messed up at one time it was real bad that it was probably her nerves. this was in response to a question did the food make you sick.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 08:02:32 PM »
So maybe Jordan had food poisning or an axiety attack? Would she spill the beans though about why they were elminated?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
We don't know that the visit to the ER eliminates anyone....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 08:15:32 PM »
We don't know that the visit to the ER eliminates anyone....

True. I should have asked is it possible that the ER visit will cause a team to be eliminated? At this point there is not enough evidence to say if it will or won't.   :tup:

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
they were ask about the food in the different places was it different from home. and the water did it make them sick they said no but Jordan said she had problems with her stomach in the beginning of the race she said she it was her nerves.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 08:39:54 PM »
I think:
1. Roadblock is ahead of the Detour.
2. The Detour involves a shovel? Looking for buried things?
3. Gnome task! :)

1. Gnome task
2. Roadblock (possible meat-eating switchback??)
3. Detour
4. Pit Stop.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
I doubt this leg has a Switchback; otherwise, the press release would have mentioned it. Anyway, TAR doesn't repeat tasks unless they are truly memorable like the hay bales.

In fact, I doubt this season has one anyway. The meat-eating roadblock happened at Mendoza.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
My guess is that the Switchback was a one time only event. We have zero evidence that we will ever see another....
RFF's Golden Rule:

AmazingDT

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
Maybe CBS is exaggerating,
CHILE GETS CHILLY AS TEAMS blah blah blah B:) whatever

how long did that scene last? less than 5 minutes

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 11:26:05 PM »

RACERS ARE STEERED OFF COURSE WHILE RACING THROUGH THE EXPANSIVE ARGENTINIAN COUNTRYSIDE AND ONE TEAM FINDS THEMSELVES IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, FEB. 28 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina) – A Team is led astray when one Racer overestimates their ability to use a compass while another team rushes off the Race and into an emergency room, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

I don't know. To me it sounds very likely that the ER team would be eliminated. And I don't think it's Jeff & Jordan either, we haven't seen enough of the alleged bickering between them that they mentioned in a pre-race interview (unless all their bickering is on Leg 3 which seems too unlikely to be true).

I'm thinking Monique & Shawne or Joe & Heidi. Monique & Shawne seem more likely, because they keeping making references to safety ("protect me, Jesus" and the cow in the head thing), and their edit seems to slightly hint at future physical danger. And Joe & Heidi seem like they might get U-turned out of the race for being too "villainous" rather than getting injured (again, based on their edit, which is a lousy one by the way. Who cares if they made an alliance? It's a race - deal with it *coughLouiemike*). I just don't think we've gotten enough out of Jeff & Jordan yet for them to be out on this episode, but maybe that's just me. Sorry for the B:).

Oh, and another thing making it difficult - all three teams have placings that look like they could be good ninth place finishers, especially Jeff & Jordan. 1st, 6th, 9th would (in this case) be awesome. But again, I don't think it's likely for the reasons above.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 12:47:33 AM »
If Jordan & Jeff are indeed the team eliminated in this leg, they will have thw same finish as Season 7's Debbie & Bianca (1st, 6th and 9th). The ironic thing is that both of those teams are gone in Argentina, after finishing sixth in Chile, but that is just assuming that Jordan & Jeff are last.

Analysing the three teams 'in danger' of elimination in Argentina:

Joe & Heidi - 5th, 2nd = Overall: 7
Monique & Shawne - 2nd, 5th = Overall: 7
Jordan & Jeff - 1st, 6th = Overall: 7

They look evenly matched! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 01:59:56 AM »
Marshall & Lance are the only team that quit a race due to injury. Andy & Laura (Asia) and Margie & Luke were allowed to continue...

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 02:09:48 AM »
I hope the visit to the ER is a task. :lol3:

(Enough of daydreaming)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

DavidJunior

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »
I'm getting a similar vibe as J-Squeeze on all 3 teams:

Monique and Shawne - strong and competitive team early on, only way I can see them going out this early is due to some other sources than just poor racing, i.e. getting injured, or getting U-turned.  And they really aren't THAT big of a threat to deserve a U-turn

Joe and Heidi - another strong team that I can't really see going out do to lack of communication or bad driving.  They seem very likely to get U-turned if that shows up in the next couple of legs.  Like was stated before, they've gotten the early "villain" edit.

Jeff and Jordan - though they are racing relatively well now, they have stated they argue quite a bit throughout the race, which leads me to believe it wasn't just one leg.  i have a feeling, though they'll make it relatively far, they'll fall apart near the end of their race.

3 good teams falling early, allowing 2 mediocre teams and 1 relatively non-exsistent team to pass them up <//////3

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 04:02:27 AM »
I'm getting a similar vibe as J-Squeeze on all 3 teams:

Joe and Heidi - another strong team that I can't really see going out do to lack of communication or bad driving.  They seem very likely to get U-turned if that shows up in the next couple of legs.  Like was stated before, they've gotten the early "villain" edit.

So did Nick & Star

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 04:04:36 AM »
How about a team get directions from the hospital
I hope the visit to the ER is a task. :lol3:

(Enough of daydreaming)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:27:12 AM by Evan_Weinstein »
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
Total speculation...but in an Insider Video, Michael does mention that Joe is having trouble with his knees....
RFF's Golden Rule:

DavidJunior

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:06 PM »
Total speculation...but in an Insider Video, Michael does mention that Joe is having trouble with his knees....

he DID get kicked pretty hard in the knee by that llama...

could it be that that starts flaring up in this episode?  to the point that he needs medical assistance?