Author Topic: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--  (Read 87402 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »

Teams  start off by navigating through the congested streets of Los Angeles and, for the first time ever, must rely solely on public transportation to make their way to LAX

Teams travel to Castillo Wulff (a small castle by the sea) in Valparaiso, Chile in order to find their next clue

Teams make their way to their first destination where they will encounter one of the most daunting Roadblocks in the history of the series on THE AMAZING RACE

Teams must perform a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »
EP01: Los Angeles, CA (USA) to Valparaiso, Chile (via Santiago)

Air Date: FEB 14

Film Date: NOV 28-29

Route:
START:  Vista Hermosa park.
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted at/near downtown Mariott; filming permit to close 2nd St Tunnel between Hill and Figueroa

ROUTE INFO: Find your own way to LAX?
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted near highway (report of someone refusing team a ride), at Union Station

Tweets/Twitter/Facebook:11/28/09

*"Looking outside my window at the hotel and I think I just saw "the amazing race" team just run across the entrance to the freeway. Random."
*"The amazing race is at our hotel? So are the USC football, USC basketball, and UCLA mens waterpolo teams. This place is rockin."
*Just watched start of next "Amazing Race" - should air early next year on CBS. Soooo cool!
RE: *AdamKossoff -about an hour ago near the downtown los angeles marriot. not sure where they were heading
*JimmyHodson: Dropping my nephews off at LAX where they're shooting The Amazing Race. Hard enough to get through security without cameras in our faces!
* shloky: LOL. In the security line at LAX with the entire cast from the new Amazing Race.
*shloky: amazing race _ they're headed to Chile. both santiago and wolf castle. theres a bus involved
*shloky: amazing race teams : big guys, 1 w/ a man fu beard. also a tall guy w/ a short blonde. also a grandma w/ a 20 something brunette
*shloky: amazing race didnt see twins or asians. theyre going to chile by way of dwf or dulles or stl. gate is stacked
* amyecrawford: Camera situation in LAX, appears a couple of reality show teams from mayb Amazing Race r trying 2 make wating 4 a flight appear interesting
*amyecrawford: Teams were identical twins, wearing team colors, backpacking gear.. After engaging in some faux-competitive conversation they flew to Dallas
*amazing race _ they're headed to Chile. both santiago and wolf castle. theres a bus involved
*In LAX waiting for the flight to Texas and the Amazing Race is being filmed right next to my gate. Ah 30 min in LA....
*suerosenbaum: At LAX and #ikarl is asked to help a new team for the next season of amazing race (we guessed) to find Castile Wolf in Chile watch for him
*DanielleVarey:    No flight number. I did go up and talk to Jeff. Saw where they were sitting in airport. Going to either Chicago/Boston.
*DanielleVarey:   Of course I'm not 100% sure where they flew to. I just know the gate they went and sat down next to which said Chicago/Boston
*DanielleVarey :The gate they were by in the picture was not the gate they went and sat next to. They were checking departure boards there. So who knows
*ob-la-di-ob-la-da --John Joo said:Got stopped by the Amazing Race crew in downtown LA and signed a release form. Wonder if I'm gonna be on it. Look for the dude in a big white SUV that refuses to give a couple of ladies a ride. Hahaha.

*Slowhatch: I'm not sure what the caption of this photo means: the photo seems to have been created today (27 Dec), and he might be referring to a former racer. Disney Concert Hall

more photos ca be found in the contestant thread
photo courtesy of lindaaries11
*Ooh- cool, it's the 'Amazing Race' filming in the Union Station
photos by Chateau d if

photo courtesy of DanielleVarey

photo courtesy of DanielleVarey

Tweets/Twitter/Facebook: 11/29-30/09

*Just got asked for directions from a couple named Jordan & Jeff on the Amazing Race. NBD...
*They wore baby blue and black and no they didn't ask how to get to a castle just to where a lot of taxis are.
*mr_fuenzalida: I just watched 3 teams of the new season of The amazing race! They were super lost! Lol (He is from Rgua-Valpo-Rgua | Chile)
*mr_fuenzalida:
I just noticed that @TeamJEJO was one of the teams I saw yesterday... But they were wearing a red shirt.
*mr_fuenzalida@Savannahsmum I'm sorry but aftar that I had to go... ALSO! They had problems with their tickets... Greetings from Chile!
*"At the Turbus Terminal...some cameras are following a couple...seems like The Amazing Race"
*"And in the subway, a guy pushes a lady who won't let him on and the lady hits him. Wow!"
RE: Dan/cdfe88: Hey guys, I talked with LoreLesLado about the couple at the Metro station and she said they were a blonde girl and a guy with long black hair
Ryan83:TheBlotSays: Just found out the cast of the Amazing Race was on my friend's flight to Chile last weekend. Not sure if its the current cast or next season
RE:response: @walkingpneumoni Not sure, sorry! The flight was last Sat. He originated out of Chicago, but its very likely he stopped in Miami.

Blog find

Valparaiso
The Amazing Race came to town - we spent a whole lunchtime in a waiting for the couples to come running by chased by their out of breath cameraman and soundman. It was funny (in a slightly cruel way) to see the teams that went down streets that none of the others had chosen. Losers. How we laughed as we sipped our beers.
woden: Looks like Cardonal Market.

Blog find:

Phil filming in Valparaiso, Chile

challenge set up, teams had to paint the  white portions of the walls

Slowhatch:  I found a picture of the market; the sign reads Templeman, one of the main drags of Old Town. The cross-street? Maybe...San Enrique.
*OK, I think I've got it. Enlarge the pictures here and here; it's the building behind San Luis Gonazga church at the top of Cerro Alegre. The cross street is Galos.

Blog find:

The Amazing race was being filmed whie wer were in town, and Elise had the pleasure of seeing many moronic Americans carrying paint tins up the hills. We were chased away every time we went for our cameras, so you`ll have to watch all of season 27 to check the truthfulness of this.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:01:54 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
press photos

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Eleven Teams (from LtoR: Steve, Allison, Caite, Dan, and Brent) start off by navigating through the congested streets of Los Angeles and, for the first time ever, must rely solely on public transportation to make their way to LAX on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:06:07 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 02:59:06 PM »
"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Grandmother/Granddaughter team Jody (left) and Shannon travel to Castillo Wulff (a small castle by the sea) in Valparaiso, Chile in order to find their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Married couple Joe and Heidi make their way to a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--TNewly dating couple Jordan and Jeff must perform a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Dana performs a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"-- Dan performs a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 16 premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Father/Daughter team Steve and Allison must perform a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"-- Shawne performs a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 16 premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"-- Louis performs a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 16 premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:12:52 PM by puddin »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
 :colors

Where did the photos come from? The official website?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »
Ascensor Villaseca. There're like 15 of these funiculars in the city.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:54:59 PM by Neobie »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »

Umm, all of these photos have their original EXIF data still - we can tell to the second when they were taken!
i.e.:
<exif:DateTimeOriginal>2009-11-29T13:04:13-05:00</exif:DateTimeOriginal>

Who needs sun angles!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

Really??  :jumpy: :jumpy:

can you do us an index of team times??   :please:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

Teams make their way to their first destination where they will encounter one of the most daunting Roadblocks in the history of the series on THE AMAZING RACE

So this is in Wulff's Castle right?
[size=7ptDAUNTING: disheartening: likely to discourage, intimidate, or frighten somebody

Teams must perform a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue.

Another Roadblock? But the moms are doing it both. (The words "Road Block" have space, so it is not a Roadblock right? :lol3)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

DavidJunior

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
i don't think the highwires are a roadblock

both Dana and Adrian are seen doing the task

the person falling from the highwire in the promo video is definitely Adrian

and one of the photos has Dana doing the task as well

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
OK, got the location!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »
Essentially all the teams pictured at the Roadblock are at the Roadblock sometime from 9:30 to 10:00 am Pacific time based on the EXIF data. The only picture not at or near the Roadblock is Jody & Shannon, who are on the way to Wulf Castle at around 1:00 pm pacific time.

Joe & Heidi are running to the Roadblock at around 9:30.
Monique & Shawne, Dan & Jordan, Steve & Allie, and Jeff & Jordan are all at the Roadblock at about 9:45.
Louie & Michael are at the Roadblock at about 10:00.
Adrian & Dana are at the Roadblock at about 2:30. :(

EDIT: Fixed Adrian & Dana error.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:30:35 PM by J-Squeeze »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »
I'll insert the captions, we all know by now that webmonkeys runs CBS :D
And yeah I have the originals if anyone wants them.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:22 PM »
Add five hours for Chile, and that's about 2.30pm to 3.00pm, eh? No first leg bunch-up-and-collect-departure-times then?

If the flight lands at about 10.10am, we've got to give them something to do until the afternoon...

And if we needed more confirmation... Blue clues. Not a Roadblock.

6.00pm, that's pretty late, and we know Jodi/Shannon are not last. Is Wulff Castle going to be our Pit Stop?

And what's going on at the back of this shot?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:28:10 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »
Roadblock might be the painting of the portions of the walls?

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Married couple Joe and Heidi make their way to a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

11/29 9:30 am

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
Somehow I always though we knew Wulff Castle was our Pitstop...now what made me think that?? ???

I agree...no red cards to be seen.

Good job on the location Neobie!!!! Is that anywhere near this location with Steve and Allie^^??

So why does the press say the highwire IS the RB?? :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
So why does the press say the highwire IS the RB?? :groan:

They get things wrong all the time. All they care about is getting people to read their stuff. :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
Joe and Heidi have a red clue .. see above ^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
So this looks pretty plausible, huh?

Paint the town in Santiago
Bus bunching to Valparaiso (1.5h journey)
High wire at Cerro Artilleria
Pit Stop at Wulff Castle, Vina del Mar

Yeah, Peach. Steve/Allie are in the area. Looks like the starting side to me, but I can't confirm for now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:40:08 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »

Yeah, Peach. Steve/Allie are on Cerro Artilleria on the starting side of the high wire.

The press pack says Wolff is a clue place. ??
Teams travel to Castillo Wulff (a small castle by the sea) in Valparaiso, Chile in order to find their next clue

And I think the paint your houses is in Valparaiso too... isn't it?? Darn, I am more confused than I thought I was!! :funny: There is a whole lot about this in spoilers somewhere.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »

Yeah, Peach. Steve/Allie are in the area. Looks like the starting side to me, but I can't confirm for now.

Why would Joseph & Heidi have a Roadblock clue in their hands if they had already done the Roadblock and come off a bus ride? This isn't coming together.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »

And I think the paint your houses is in Valparaiso too... isn't it?? Darn, I am more confused than I thought I was!! :funny: There is a whole lot about this in spoilers somewhere.
^^^^^^^ look up peach, post 2  :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
Because the houses are in Valpro not Santiago: here is the blog:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.msg506220.html#msg506220

I think puddin found the actual houses but I haven't found that post yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »

I know puddin, I was answering this. 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
Valparaiso
The Amazing Race came to town - we spent a whole lunchtime in a waiting for the couples to come running by chased by their out of breath cameraman and soundman. It was funny (in a slightly cruel way) to see the teams that went down streets that none of the others had chosen. Losers. How we laughed as we sipped our beers.

http://karlandkara.blogspot.com/2009/12/valparaiso-chile.html