Author Topic: TAR27: Cindy and Rick Chac (Newlyweds)  (Read 9096 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR27: Cindy and Rick Chac (Newlyweds)
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »

#ChacAttack

Name: Cindy Chac
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Spouse
Current occupation: Dentist
Describe what you do: I'm the big bad scary dentist with the screeching drill, sharp instruments and blood sucking straw that nightmares are made of! Just kidding! Quite the opposite, actually. My staff and I work really hard to change patients' perception of dentists and dental offices in general...we're here to help!
3 words to describe you: Thoughtful, fun-loving and hard-working.
Favorite hobbies: Trying new cuisines, shopping and baking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Earning my professional degree. My parents left Vietnam when I was only 1.5 months old in search of a better future in the United States for us 6 kids.  They always emphasized the importance of education and hard work so I studied hard and worked even harder to get to where I am professionally today. Definitely no silver spoons here!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Drew Barrymore in her many romantic comedies - light hearted, fun-loving and charming.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Edward Cullen from Twilight. Pale...really, really pale, glistening skin, thin, blazing eyes - but his love is eternal!
What scares you most about traveling? Jetlag- the struggle is real! It’s hard resting your internal clock! But I think with the race and all the adrenaline, it’ll help keep me moving!
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing different cultures and food.  I love different foods! I’ll eat anything- as long as it’s edible and not gross and sinful!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: My husband is very confrontational. He wants to address each and every problem head on- whether it is major or minor and I find it exhausting! I want us to be able to communicate productively, without me secretly rolling my eyes at him.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s not a good listener. He loves to talk but when it comes to listening, he only hears what he wants to hear. It’s so frustrating. It’s like I’m wasting my breath sometimes because I’ll say one thing and it'll just go in one ear and out the other!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I love tropical places such as the Caribbean, Fiji and Bora Bora. Definitely would love to see Australia and New Zealand because I love the Australian accent. Hoping to pick up the accent along the way, mate!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Rick and I both have achieved great success individually in our lives thus far. But put us together and we’re the clash of the Titans! I hope to be able to work well with my husband and learn to pick my battles and know when to put my stubbornness aside, especially because we want to start a family soon!
Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @CindyChacChac

Name:  Rick Chac
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Spouse
Current occupation: OB/GYN
Describe what you do: I’m an OB/GYN- I catch babies (usually in the middle of the night) and take out uteruses.
3 words to describe you: Energetic, funny and smart.
Favorite hobbies: Driving, photography and karaoke.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a successful Board Certified Physician and an OB/GYN fellow before age 40- while coming from an immigrant first generation family. I worked for my American dream!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sheldon from “The Big Bang Theory” and Short-Round from “Indiana Jones.”
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A mix between Jennifer Aniston and Katniss from “The Hunger Games.”
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing really. I wanted to live in the airport when I was a kid. Losing my passport would be a fear I guess.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places, experiencing different cultures and learning about the local customs. I try to learn a new language each time I travel.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Because
 we’re both professionals, we like things done our way.  We’re both very stubborn; sometimes she won’t admit I’m right just to stand her ground.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Her messiness. Her hair is everywhere. Sometimes, she cries over the smallest things.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to race to China and Vietnam as I’ve never been to China and Cindy has never been to Vietnam- both with history tied to our roots!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We’re still learning about each other on a daily basis. We fight and we’re thinking of starting a family. The past year has been difficult. We need something like the Amazing Race to find each other again. Spend time together and see if we have what it takes to be teammates and future parents. 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:13:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR27: Cindy and Rick Chac (Newlyweds)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ds4VRXxaOb4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ds4VRXxaOb4</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:53:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:34 PM »
They seem great!

Dentist Cindy <3333333

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:33 PM »
This team's gonna fight, I can tell from their bio.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
Honestly idk what it is but I love me some Cindys

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:39 AM »
They somehow reminded me of Misti & Jim from Season 25, but Cindy LOOKS really fiercer than Misti. Lol, gonna be fun! <3

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 05:48:26 AM »
I love the Chacattack thing! <3

Cindy looks a little bit like Isabelle Wu from TAR25... Well, I think Isabelle was from Vietnam too (or her family), so it's normal. lol
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 12:19:17 AM »

Cindy looks a little bit like Isabelle Wu from TAR25... Well, I think Isabelle was from Vietnam too (or her family), so it's normal. lol

Isabelle Du is of Vietnamese descent.  Same with Cindy's

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 07:08:35 AM »
Their Shirts!  :luvya:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 04:35:16 AM »
I don't like them for some reason and I think they're gonna be pretty boring or underedit.

Am I the only one...?

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
Another VNmese on the race, hope they don't flop so hard like last one.  :'(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »
After watching their cast video there is going to be fireworks here.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »
Love them!  :luvya:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
So sad they are just 'being-there' in Leg 2 :(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

BlueBird

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Not even close! Are you kidding me? Isabelle is HOT. She's an actress and model. I loved Isabella on TAR25, she's so Gorgeous! Cindy is blah. I think she has low-self worth to allow that condescending doc talk down to her. She said that she doesn't like it when he speaks to her that way... the way he speaks to his nurses." Seriously? My mom and aunt are nurses!!! Doctors need to respect nurses. I can't stand this couple!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
:hello2:, BlueBird! :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »
Love them!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
Meh.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 02:18:07 AM »
Confused between number 1 and number 9, how can they mess up like this.  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 02:19:48 AM »
It's really sad how Rick was this leg, they were so UTR Positive before this :torche

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »

Not even close! Are you kidding me? Isabelle is HOT. She's an actress and model. I loved Isabella on TAR25, she's so Gorgeous! Cindy is blah. I think she has low-self worth to allow that condescending doc talk down to her. She said that she doesn't like it when he speaks to her that way... the way he speaks to his nurses." Seriously? My mom and aunt are nurses!!! Doctors need to respect nurses. I can't stand this couple!

Hahaha I wasn't saying about who is hot and who isn't! I was meaning that their asiatic faces/features were similar! haha Just that :P
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 06:43:12 AM »
They made SO many mistakes :groan:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 07:23:59 AM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005184/-chacattack-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

#ChacAttack Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race

Rick and Cindy Chac (#ChacAttack) came up short on Ep. 7 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling the globe, #ChacAttack (Cindy and Rick) came up short on Ep. 7 of The Amazing Race and Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over.

While the pair might not be proceeding to the next leg of the journey, Cindy and Rick learned a lot through their travels, especially about their own relationship and how teamwork is always key.

Read what this California couple had to say about their experience on The Amazing Race.

1. Compared to other legs, how was the last leg in terms of difficulty, brain-power, and athleticism?
Cindy:
"This last leg actually wasn't that tough compared to the other legs that we had to endure on the Race. I think, for us, it was a leg of bad decision making. We made a terrible choice to wait for the bus to arrive, which gave the other teams a chance to catch up to us. So, by the time we got to the simulator tasks, there were so many teams there that it took forever to get another turn at the task.
Yes, we knew we needed to get on Tram 1, not Tram 9, but Tram 1 wasn't on the board of incoming trams that were coming in the next hour. So we made a bad decision to get on Tram 9 since it had the same end city as Tram 1. Bad choices did us in."

2. How did you think Rotterdam and Amsterdam are the same city?
Cindy:
"What?! You mean it's not the same city?!? Hahaha. We overheard someone at the train station saying they were headed to Rotterdam and the train conductor said to get on the train headed to Amsterdam, so somehow Rotterdam equaled Amsterdam in our tired minds. We blame it on fatigue! Another super leg!
We both never even heard of Rotterdam before in our lives! We still got to the boat in third [place], so, thankfully, it didn't set us back too much."

3. What was your favorite place that you visited?
Cindy:
"We loved Africa and Paris. The majestic animals and sceneries of Africa were so breathtaking. We were so lucky to be able to take part in that.
And, of course, Paris will always have a special place in our hearts because that is where Rick proposed to me a few years ago! We were so happy to be able to return to our city of love!"

4. What would you say were your best and worst moments during the Race?
Cindy:
"I was so proud of Rick when he used his knowledge of anatomy and finished the meat BBQ challenge so quick! I was also proud of us on the seafood challenge in Paris because we used teamwork and divided up the task and got the job done quick. I think it's fair to say we rock challenges involving food."
Rick: "Our worst moments on the Race have to be the Rotterdam leg. Pretty self-explanatory. Hahaha. Should've listen to the wife! And, of course, waking up to a fat lip from a mosquito bite. That really impaired me. Imagine running around in a foreign country, trying to figure out Point A to Point B, when half your face doesn't even feel like it's yours anymore! The day after, the puffiness spread to my eye and I had a hard time seeing out of that eye. It took a whole week for my face to finally return to normal."
Cindy: "He was such a good sport about it, even [being] able to joke about the situation. I don't think I would've been as accepting of the situation! I would probably insist on running the rest of the race with a brown-paper bag over my head."

5. Which team were you closest to during the Race?
Cindy:
"We really like #TheReporters. They're really down to earth and very sweet. They are a young couple with a bright future ahead and we wish them the very best."

6. What did you learn about each other through this experience that you didn’t know before?
Cindy:
"We wanted to go on the Race because we needed to learn how to work better as a team. We're both so strong-headed and ambitious in our own daily careers that sometimes it's difficult to learn to work with each other since we're so used to being the one calling the shots. We used to fight and bicker over the littlest things in our daily lives.
Going on the Race, we learned that we are so much better and so much stronger when we work together versus when we work against each other. We fight so much less than we did before. The Race really strengthened our relationship!"
Rick: "I learned that I need to listen to my wife more because she's right more times than not!"

7. Is being on Race different than what you thought it would be?
Cindy:
"We didn't count on being friends with the other contestants from the show, so the fact that we all are pretty tight still is a very nice surprise. We're just a bunch of random people from different backgrounds and different parts of the country, but we will always be united by this crazy, incredible experience that we shared."
Rick: "Yes, when you watch the show from the comfort of your living room, it is so easy to sit and judge and criticize. Being on the Race, fatigue, lack of sleep, mosquito-bitten lip, stress, and jet lag all come into play and are all contributing factors to how you run the Race."

8. Do you have any advice for future racers?
Cindy:
"Enjoy every moment of the Race. Breathe it in, let it seep into your soul, and just embrace the experience. It was such an incredible experience that we will remember forever."
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez