Author Topic: Auditions  (Read 14813 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Auditions
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »
Sure does look like the same girl.  :yess:

Tonight we have "The Road to Hollywood and perhaps we'll get to see some of the finalists and their auditions.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:33 AM »
Tonight's show they said 182 made it to Hollywood.  I don't remember it ever being that high.   :duno:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 07:06:39 AM »
 :duno: I'm not sure if they thought they had all that "worthy talent" maybe it's because they no longer have Paula and feel the need to put through all these extra people just to get the viewers. They do have all that extra loot they are saving  since Paula is not there. I know there is no way they are paying Ellen anywhere nears the amount of $$ Paula got. So in turn more Hollywood trips.  :umn:

Paula did have a HUGE pull to alot of viewers. :'(

now it's Hollywood and we get to see just how much Ellen can contribute to the singers, or at least to the viewers! :lol3:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
I'm with you Bee, I never remember that many going to Hollywood before, Ugot might be right, they have extra money because of Paula being gone.

I really miss Paula but several of the guest judges have been really good. I'm waiting to see how Ellen does. She'll be starting next week. Hollywood week.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »
Road to Hollywood
February 3,2010

One last audition to cover before we start to see the Hollywood eliminations. (And none too soon!) Only a few standouts shown, mostly we saw the rejects and the fake rejects.

Jessica Furney, 20, sang "Footprints in the Sand" co-written by Simon Cowell. (She tried out last year as well.)

Didi Benami, 22, got the backstory treatment. She's trying out in memory of her friend Rebecka. She sang “Hey Jude”. She couldn't keep it together after singing but in a good way.  but I liked her and so did the judges.

Aaron Kelly, 16. Backstory, his family was unable to take care of the Aaron and his brother and to keep the boys together they were adopted by his aunt and uncle. He's very young but has a good voice. We'll see how he does in Hollywood.

Last but not least, Hope Johnson, 19 years old. She got the backstory treatement and it was inspiring. She told how she brought food home from her school lunch for her brother because he would cry. She has a beautiful smile, good voice. I hope she makes it through to participate in the show.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
ty tl for all the vids!!! tonighs show was good i can;t wait till i start rembering names..a lot of realy great talent this yr..i like the girl that was a waitress and the rocker mom that brought her daughter in to see simon and he said r u sure she is not mine. also i hope the cute shirtless guy goes trew and the dad well both the big black dad and the danny gokey looking dad they were real good i read u r spoiler names but i can;t rember them nuuu.. :groan:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »
Mary Powers is the rocker mom. I like her a lot, like her look and her voice. I forget which one is the waitress, Lilly Scott? I loved LOVED LOVED her voice.

Casey James surprised me, he's much better with his guitar than he was in his first audition. I'm glad the girls fought for him to come to Hollywood.

The other audition that really stood out form, Crystal Bowersox. She's got a WOW factor. Simon (think it was Simon) said she was infectious and she was, the kids in the audience joined in, they loved her!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
i liked the girl that sang the carol king song.. but they need to whiten her teeth it was destracting some times having hidef is not fablous!? i whould need a who body make over, but i work in tv for so long and thease hidef tv's i notice everything...
yea casey hot guy with the guitar love him.. i need to go bk to u r top 24 spoiler thread and see if i reckenoise any names. i can tell u what they look like and what they r whering but names go bybybybybyby :groan:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »
Hiya TL!! :hugs:

I'm thinking the girls are hitting their marks as of last nights auditions or should i say"editing". I'm scared to watch them fall apart in "group songs" tonight! :groan:

like tory said the danny goke sound alike was good, there was one who sounded like kris allen i like him and i'm with ya both-Casey James rocked it! :tup:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Yes Crystal Bowersox was really good singing Carole King but definitely needs her teeth whitened.  Loved Casey James.  It was fun looking over spoiler list while the show was on and making notes next to their names.  Hope we get to know some of the others that made the top 24.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »
yea what is group night with out some DRAMA...and some div behavor OMG :monroe: SO FAR THEY R NOT SHOWING THE ONES WHO GO TREW THEY DID THAT TO MY BELOVED CHRIS RICHARDSON.. they seem to focous on them some during the try outs and i was so glade to see they did not show as many fools as usual. i love it when it gets down to the realy good singers.. can't wait till next week.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »
Is this not the weirdest season of AI? Wednesday night there were groups that were shown with no names, no singing, no critique. Nothing. With the constraints of only an hour maybe this is the only way to do it but it seems that we won't have a favorite to root for either. If I'd never seen AI before I'd watch a few minutes and pass on to some other show.  :umn:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
I'm w/ya TL!!  :waves: they were all over the place with the editing.  Why is it that everyone must mess with a good thing!!

UGHHH!!!! :groan:

lets hope that next week reaches the " highs" we are used to! :tup: