Author Topic: Simon Leaving Idol  (Read 9372 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Simon Leaving Idol
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
Numerous sources are telling us that Simon Cowell is leaving after this season to bring the X-Factor to Fox.

Simon Cowell Confirms He's Leaving American Idol
Today 12:44 PM PST by Jennifer Godwin

While the American Idol empire appears to be pretty damn impregnable, some folks think that Idol sans Simon Cowell is about as unsinkable as the Titanic. So will he stay or will he go? We finally know the answer, because Cowell announced onstage today at press tour that he is leaving American Idol.

Simon told the assembled press, "There's been a lot of speculation, partly because we didn't have an agreement. We reached an agreement formally about about half past 11 this morning. Where we have come to is that X-Factor will launch in America in 2011, with me judging the show and executive producing the show, and because of that, this will be my last season on American Idol this year."

Source: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b161445_simon_cowell_confirms_hes_leaving.html

Will AI be the same with Simon gone?  :duno:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Simon Leaving Idol
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
I've taken an informal tally of my friends, none of us believe it will be the same with Simon gone. One suggested Piers Morgan.  :groan:  NO!!!!!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
I don't mind Piers so much, but he says it isn't happening:

Piers Morgan: I won't be replacing Simon Cowell on 'American Idol'

By Christopher Rocchio, 01/11/2010

After initially avoiding the issue, the odds-on favorite to replace Simon Cowell on American Idol has pulled himself out of the running.

"I do America's Got Talent, so it's not going to happen," Piers Morgan said during an appearance on Friday's Today show broadcast. "But it's nice to be the favorite."

"Are you sure it's not going to happen?" asked Today co-host Hoda Kotb.

"I'm pretty sure, yeah,"

More here: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/piers-morgan-i-wont-be-replacing-simon-cowell-on-american-idol-10209.php

But yeah, hard to imagine Idol without Paula AND Simon!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »
The show is come to end what next we have ellen degrassi for judge now we need mean judge

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »
The show is come to end what next we have ellen degrassi for judge now we need mean judge

I guess they will find someone, I just can't think of anyone who would fit right now.  :umn:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »
Well I don't think they should try to find someone similar to Simon. Giving the show a new judge with a new personality could be more interesting than having some kind of watered-down Simon copycat. That's the feeling I get about this. But I'm only a casual viewer, so I could be wrong.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 06:45:48 PM »
I agree with you Hooky. Whoever they find should be a good judge of what will sell because (for me anyway) that is the role that Simon played.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 06:09:05 AM »
*If* ever there is an American Idol : All-Stars, I just want to have Paula and Simon back!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 02:34:28 PM »
*If* ever there is an American Idol : All-Stars, I just want to have Paula and Simon back!

And Randy... have to include Randy.  :tup:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 01:49:44 AM »

And Randy... have to include Randy.  :tup:

Of course yes too! I loved them three! Kara and Ellen too! Ryan Seacrest too!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »
An Allstars would mean people who got onto the show, but was eliminated and still didn't make it in the end.

*cough* Carly S7 *cough*

That's many times failure. Poor girl.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
An Allstars would mean people who got onto the show, but was eliminated and still didn't make it in the end.

*cough* Carly S7 *cough*

That's many times failure. Poor girl.

:lol3:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »
Oh wow...

Simon, Paula, and Randy are like the trio of AI, they're known for AI, and AI is known for them. With 2/3 of them gone after eight (& nine) seasons, back-to-back so soon, just, wow. And my 2 favorite judges too (You're still the dawg Randy =D).

I think Kara is a semi, female version of Simon already. But to do that there needs to be Simon.

We're definitely going for a male here, and I'm thinking someone with an expertise in the rock n' roll field lol But I'm not that into music so I don't know.

But this </3 </3 Oh well, I never got to finish watching a whole complete season of AI.  :P
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 08:03:34 AM »
Oh wow...

Simon, Paula, and Randy are like the trio of AI, they're known for AI, and AI is known for them. With 2/3 of them gone after eight (& nine) seasons, back-to-back so soon, just, wow. And my 2 favorite judges too (You're still the dawg Randy =D).

I think Kara is a semi, female version of Simon already. But to do that there needs to be Simon.

We're definitely going for a male here, and I'm thinking someone with an expertise in the rock n' roll field lol But I'm not that into music so I don't know.

But this </3 </3 Oh well, I never got to finish watching a whole complete season of AI.  :P

Let's hope that this season you get to watch it all RSF!  :tup: I think Simon will have to be replaced by another guy. Kara can come across as harsh. (Not that Simon isn't harsh, brutal but he is the gatekeeper.)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
NO NO NO!!! Let this be a trial balloon!!!

Idol' producers want Howard Stern to replace Cowell
Last Updated: 9:11 AM, February 5, 2010
Posted: 12:24 AM, February 5, 2010

"American Idol" producers are eager to hire Howard Stern to replace Simon Cowell as the show's tough-talking judge, sources tell Page Six.

An insider said that producers of the hit Fox show say Stern, America's highest-paid radio personality, is their top choice to take over from Cowell, who leaves at the end of this season. They approached the King of All Media after he repeatedly mentioned on-air that his exclusive Sirius XM Radio deal expires next January and he was open to other offers. Cowell was paid $50 million a year.

A source connected to "Idol" said, "It's one of the few shows that could compete with Stern's $100 million-a-year Sirius contract, and 'Idol' bosses think he'd be even nastier than Simon.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/idol_producers_want_howard_stern_YUKlMlwQkfqa7EgK1nvRaN#comments#ixzz0egF4q0Yi

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 01:02:28 PM »
Surely they wouldn't go outside the music industry though would they?? He could be tone deaf for all we know. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
They would have to have the bleep button at the ready.  :lol3:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 02:05:13 AM »
Not sure whether I would watch if Howard Stern was a judge.  It would make the whole Idol experience more like a joke. :'(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »
Not sure whether I would watch if Howard Stern was a judge.  It would make the whole Idol experience more like a joke. :'(

A horrible joke.  :jam:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 03:45:36 PM »
I don't know anything about this, but with first choosing Ellen (where did that come from?) and now another non-musical person to judge, I think the show will strongly lose its authenticity. I think that now those contestants who make it far will not necessarily be the best performers, but will instead be those who are "favored" by the producers/judges. Go figure. It's the route that TAR is taking, too. :groan:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis