Author Topic: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rules*  (Read 65522 times)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
When you're counting $1M in chips with $1000 being the largest denomination, it's difficult. I don't even think the poker girls would've excelled in that any more than the other teams.

The bad thing there is that the final task seemed easier to rig on their part because of counting, unlike a memory based Roadblock.

ETA: I had a hunch that there wouldn't be any memory based roadblock because none of the items would stand out as hard.

Leg 1: Sushi and Flag?
Leg 2: Ducks are the only thing
Leg 3: Dragons are the only thing, maybe VCR's
Leg 4: Monkey Mask
Leg 5: Water Jar
Leg 6: Hookahs? Watch?
Leg 7: Bells...

They're simply too easy to think, unlike Saint Antonio from last season... LOL!

They can use other stuff to represent which is stuff. Or can put gretter faces on the chips.. And ask to find it all and put in sequence.. Evil rite??  :snicker: :snicker:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline BobbL

• RFF Newbie
Meghan & Cheyne earned their way to the top. I didn't pick them to win at the start (at least I had the right F4).  They worked together so good as a team.  The other teams each lost time because of problems with self-control and team dynamics.  Sam & Dan with "Shut Up!" and Ericka freaking out when everything doesn't go right.  They each lost a bunch of time to it, not just in this leg but in other legs too.  And it's unfortunate, because they worked well when they weren't being immobilized by the problems.  At the start, I overestimated them and the Trotters, and underestimated Meghan & Cheyne.

Meghan & Cheyne richly deserved this win.  They were the best team leg after leg.  Indeed, they rank as one of the best teams ever in terms of just racing.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rul
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
The only thing, in general I find missing from the season enders is that (since moving all the tasks to the final destination) they haven't had navigation be included, its all been cabs.

Now of course after season 11 (and the amount of driving teams actually do is nowhere near what the first 11 seasons did.  And on race around the world self navigation ( in my humble  opinion) should be a huge factor.

And its not a factor at all during the finale leg.  Though I am sure its a safety issue, more then anything on this leg.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rul
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
The only thing, in general I find missing from the season enders is that (since moving all the tasks to the final destination) they haven't had navigation be included, its all been cabs.

Now of course after season 11 (and the amount of driving teams actually do is nowhere near what the first 11 seasons did.  And on race around the world self navigation ( in my humble  opinion) should be a huge factor.

And its not a factor at all during the finale leg.  Though I am sure its a safety issue, more then anything on this leg.

It would've been nice to see the transportation between the hotels on foot instead of in a cab.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Now of course after season 11 (and the amount of driving teams actually do is nowhere near what the first 11 seasons did.  And on race around the world self navigation ( in my humble  opinion) should be a huge factor.

And its not a factor at all during the finale leg.  Though I am sure its a safety issue, more then anything on this leg.

It would've been nice to see the transportation between the hotels on foot instead of in a cab.
That would've been inhumane, I've been to Las Vegas in Summer and if they'd done the whole leg on foot, one of them would most certainly have pulled a Margie.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster

Now of course after season 11 (and the amount of driving teams actually do is nowhere near what the first 11 seasons did.  And on race around the world self navigation ( in my humble  opinion) should be a huge factor.

And its not a factor at all during the finale leg.  Though I am sure its a safety issue, more then anything on this leg.

That would've been inhumane, I've been to Las Vegas in Summer and if they'd done the whole leg on foot, one of them would most certainly have pulled a Margie.

I've also been there in the summer (temps in the 110's during the day, around 85 at 11:30 PM) and have done most of that route.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Meghan & Cheyne earned their way to the top. I didn't pick them to win at the start (at least I had the right F4).  They worked together so good as a team.  The other teams each lost time because of problems with self-control and team dynamics.  Sam & Dan with "Shut Up!" and Ericka freaking out when everything doesn't go right.  They each lost a bunch of time to it, not just in this leg but in other legs too.  And it's unfortunate, because they worked well when they weren't being immobilized by the problems.  At the start, I overestimated them and the Trotters, and underestimated Meghan & Cheyne.

Meghan & Cheyne richly deserved this win.  They were the best team leg after leg.  Indeed, they rank as one of the best teams ever in terms of just racing.
While they are the most consistent and the strongest racers of this season, there are some differences in this season that never hit any other season of the show, and that impacted two full legs that they won.  And in neither of those legs did they actually race the fastest leg. 

As for their ability to communicate and work together, whiel they weren't as vocal as Sam & Dan or Brian and Ericka (Well Ericka), they did have several legs where they absolutely didn't work as a team, hell they had a time where they wouldn't speak to each other.  And for nearly half the race they wouldn't compromise on what to do.  But they never yelled or name called, ect, they were much quieter in their disagreements.

As for comparing them to other seasons there are many, many factors to consider.

For example, when you look at the first 4 seasons teams didn't get as many wins and their placement averages took a hit due to the fact that all several teams each season used a Fast Forward (when from season 5 and later their was a max of two).  Of course with season 1 -5 you also had teams where one person could do all the roadblocks,  That no longer is the case.  Of course, they also used to have to navigate by thousands of miles more then the last 4 seasons.  So teams that didn't navigate well would really perform a lot worse in comparisons to seasons 1 -11.  That for example is something Nick & Starr did poorly on.  They did not navigate well, lucky for them their season featured the least amount of driving of any season in race history (enough so that many teams have done more in single legs then they did in a full race).  This season also didn't feature much driving and its something that what we see of them doing they don't manage well at.  They lose time to other teams in two out of three legs that we see them drive (though again the distances aren't great).  So I don't think they would hold up well in that regard in comparison to the seasons (the majority of them) that feature real amounts of driving.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Your awesome mswood <3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One thing that I really loved this episode was that, at one point all teams were 1st 2nd and 3rd throughout the leg.

On another note, the final challenge curse stroke back.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Fwiw, I liked the final task.........first team to count a million, wins a million. Pretty good incentive. I dont ever remember a 3rd place arrival at the final task (counting chips), resulting in a race win. If there was, I am sure someone will certainly remind me.  If you count finding Wayne Newton as the final task, then this is all moot.

All in all, a dang good season and exciting finale.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
This, IS definitely one of the most exciting finales ever.

Even if Brian and Ericka didn't win.. i had so much FUN and EXCITEMENT just watching.

First it was out of the airport and positions of the 3 teams were -
B/E, M/C, S/D

Then we reached the RB -
B/E, M/C, S/D

Then we arrived at the theatre -
M/C, S/D, B/E

Then we went to the Route Info arrival -
S/D, B/E, M/C

Then we had our Route Info completion -
M/C, S/D, B/E

Then that's about the position to the pitstop. This finale is ONE HELL OF A RACE. Everyone had their fair share of completing some tasks before the others and i really have to say that until the last 8 minutes, i was then damn share Brian and Ericka's fate was sealed. And until the last moment, when Meghan and Cheyne finally appeared at the finishing line.. then i was convinced they won!!!

This is the second time 2 favourite teams of mine made the final 3!! And the second time my main favourite didn't win but the second favourite won. But Meghan and Cheyne is a team to love for their competitive nature and ability to work well together! They're gold and i'm in fact as happy as i am for them as i will be as happy for Brian and Ericka if they won.

Frankly speaking, i thought TAR 15 was going to be a really bad season... but the outcome, the tasks and everything else... although some of them were not on par with the earlier seasons... but TAR 15 is GOOD overall.

And now i'm sad alllll over again because there's no TAR. :'(

TAR 16 COME QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Was it just me or were Eric and Lisa (you know, that one team that never made it out of the LA River  :lol:) not at the finish line either?

Talk about sore losers... :'(

We knew about that a long time ago...

Oh, well I didn't.

Thanks for posting the pic puddin!!

I just have to say, Eric and Lisa are not sore losers and are just darn smart that the moment they are eliminated, they just decided to go back home instead since they live in LA. That's probably the smartest decision ever than waste 22 days mourning on the fact that you didn't even get started on the race. It's depressing, really.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Wow, wow, wow!

Joab basically summed up my thoughts in his first half of the post, that the finale was nothing but exciting. It must be the first time that there was a CONTINUAL swap in placings! It was so unlike previous seasons where it was usually one team dominating all the way till the final task. This time, every team had their share of first, second and third placings throughout the leg. And I honestly didn't expect it to end this way. Meghan and Cheyne winning yes, but not Sam and Dan coming in second. I honestly thought that the brothers were doomed for third place somehow. But when it was down to them and Meghan and Cheyne at the last part, I knew Meghan and Cheyne would win.

While I'm disappointed that Brian and Ericka did not win, I'm happy with the result. Meghan and Cheyne do remind me of Nick and Starr in terms of competitiveness and to some extent, edit, but I love them so much better and they deserve every bit to win. Even in the later part of the race when they weren't shown to be as nice as when they started out, they're still really nice people and love each other a lot. It was definitely a race well ran, and my utmost congratulations to this sweet couple for winning the million!

So, the karma thing doesn't play out in the end and Sam and Dan beat Brian and Ericka. Well, the brothers have had their share of heated screamings and arguments but you know, I still really like them and even if they'd won I would be happy. As what Sam had said, even if they fight and quarrel, at the end of the day it doesn't matter, 'cos they're still brothers who love each other deeply. That's what's making me like them despite all their bickering. They've put up a good fight, they've done well throughout the race, and I'm sure the race has strengthened their relationship. Well done guys!

I noticed something, that Brian and Ericka aren't that good at counting are they. They fumbled at the poker task, and if any of you remembered, it was a counting (exchange rate) challenge that gave them much problem in the Dubai leg. But that's not the point. It's a slight bummer, I had some hope of them winning the race but they finished third. =( Nevertheless, I'm really proud of them. They didn't go home with the million, but they can go home with their heads held high, proud to say that they've raced with all their heart and with all integrity. I just love how Brian's always nice to everyone during the race, this team had their share of fighting too but at the end of the day, their love remains so strong. It was such a sweet moment seeing them at the finish line, teary eyes and all. They're already winners, and I just love them plenty!

All in all, it's been a great season, almost as good as TAR14 if not for the fact that my favourites didn't win. But it's another season where I love ALL three teams in the finale. Our final three teams all did a good job, they all fought so hard. I love TAR15!!!!!!!!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting how Meghan & Cheyene and Sam & Dan did not know the identity of the 3rd team until Brian & Erika got to the Prague airport.  I wonder how much time really separated 2nd and 3rd place at the PitStop?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will post the insider vids coming up later.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting how Meghan & Cheyene and Sam & Dan did not know the identity of the 3rd team until Brian & Erika got to the Prague airport.  I wonder how much time really separated 2nd and 3rd place at the PitStop?
I think that at one point, the producers prohibit the mingling during Pit Stops. If you remember Prague2, Meghan & Cheyne were surprised to see Brian & Erica at the Speedbump sign.
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
They sequester the teams separate towards the end, last season I recall they did the same.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Right from about leg 6 starting last season, they sequester the teams from each other.
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I was also very happy with this final leg. Good, solid tasks. The only problem was the poker chip counting challenge: I'm fairly certain it was designed for Maria & Tiffany to win the whole race. Just knowing that the course is heavily biased in favor of one team sickens me. Having a female team win is not that important. Keep it fair.

I'm also sure the reason it wasn't a memory task was because the designers couldn't count on Maria & Tiffany having any better memory than any of the other teams. We got cheated out of one simply for that reason. :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The chip counter person made an error in counting B/E's chips...they actually had it correct...

Unfortunately, no time credit for the error was given.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The chip counter person made an error in counting B/E's chips...they actually had it correct...

Unfortunately, no time credit for the error was given.
OMG that SUCKS peach  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Not sucks peachs but it sucks for Brian and Ericka  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Apparently the counter person miscounted some chip twice, it took a few minutes for production to decide what to do...and the upshot was..................nothing.

Sucks is right!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
OMGosh! That is so bad! Poor Brian & Erika!
 (:;)  :'(

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Apparently the counter person miscounted some chip twice, it took a few minutes for production to decide what to do...and the upshot was..................nothing.

Sucks is right!!

Craps!! They wun have be racing head to head with Sam and Dan or even beat Meghan and Cheyne.. Bad Luck ever.
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....