Author Topic: Questions  (Read 149154 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Questions
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »
We will have to wait until Sunday night and find out when CBS updates the official site.  I haven't seen any media releases about Elimination Station from CBS.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »
Elimination Station has been shot in HD the last two seasons.
Just here to visit.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

CBS should consider shooting the ACTUAL PROGRAM in HD then...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

CBS should consider shooting the ACTUAL PROGRAM in HD then...

The equipment the cameramen would have to carry and manage would be too burdensome for HD shooting to be possible at this point in time (according to BVM). They're avoiding HD not because they want to, but because it is physically impossible to carry out with the pace of the race.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
Not exactly...our camera guys could do it...it is the contract ones they pick up around the world that are the problem.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
Not exactly...our camera guys could do it...it is the contract ones they pick up around the world that are the problem.

That makes sense.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
I agree that it's the local crews that man locations and not the teams that travel with Phil and the Racers that are the barrier. (The fact that Survivor's crews are using HD cameras makes the point.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
Why hasn't "The Amazing Race" followed the industry trend and moved into high definition?

"I think it should be in hi-def," Keoghan agrees. "The complication, or one of the challenges that we have is that we do utilize a lot of foreign crews when we're traveling. It's very difficult to just turn up in Siberia and say, 'Oh, let's call the local guy with the HD camera and he can come down and supplement our shooting.' It's a little bit more complicated than, say, facilitating an HD shoot on 'Survivor,' where you can fly all of the equipment into one spot and you've got all your technical support there, you've got a guy who can sit down every night and look after the equipment. We're moving at breakneck speed, 28 days, flying hundreds-of-thousands of miles, or at least anywhere from 75,000 miles in a given race, so we just don't have the same luxury of being an 'Idol' or 'Survivor,' where everything is brought to one place, it's 69 degrees, where the air-conditioning is perfect. We're out sweating in Botswana or anywhere else and that's been a huge part of the challenge. But, I absolutely agree with you. I'd love to see the show in HD. I don't think there's a show on TV that lends itself more to HD."

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-3-28-phil-keoghan-discussing-biking-across-america/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
Random question I've wondered for a long time now. I think I know what it means (by its usage in sentences), but I've never been sure.

So the question is: What does TPTB stand for? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »
The Powers That Be...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
The Powers That Be...

Are you serious?! And all this time I thought it was the another name for the TAR production team (like WRP or something like that)! :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »
Are you serious?! And all this time I thought it was the another name for the TAR production team (like WRP or something like that)!

Just keep in mind that it's used in context. It might mean Bert, Elise and Company, or CBS, or even the RFF admin.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:57 AM »
Are you serious?! And all this time I thought it was the another name for the TAR production team (like WRP or something like that)!

Just keep in mind that it's used in context. It might mean Bert, Elise and Company, or CBS, or even the RFF admin.

Yes, of course. I know what context it's been used in. It was the context that gave me my original definition, which obviously wasn't correct (or at least, not entirely). :lol:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2010, 12:43:27 AM »

Yes, of course. I know what context it's been used in. It was the context that gave me my original definition, which obviously wasn't correct (or at least, not entirely). :lol:

If it makes you feel better I had the same question as you . So now we know sorta.....

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
i have a question. who is it flying into the water on the screenshots is it caite & brent or is it jeff & jordan some are saying that's them jumping into the water they say it's caite & brent swiming but not jumping can you answer this for me?

Offline JGR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's Caite and Brent swimming in the water.  Her cheekbones are pretty distinctive, and it looks like her.  The jumping picture is a little more difficult.  IMO it could be either couple.

i have a question. who is it flying into the water on the screenshots is it caite & brent or is it jeff & jordan some are saying that's them jumping into the water they say it's caite & brent swiming but not jumping can you answer this for me?

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »

Brent and Catie are the ones swimming and it looks like Jeff and Jordan from the back to me. Jeff has more muscle and Jordan's butt looks like the girl with the blonde hair sticking out of the helment. IMO

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
who's eliminated next week?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
We expect it will be one of these three teams:

Jeff & Jordan
Monique & Shawne
Joe & Heidi

All this info can be found in the first post of the Timeline thread, thanks to woden!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2010, 12:07:23 AM »
Could next week be a non-elimination leg?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2010, 12:47:07 AM »
Could next week be a non-elimination leg?

No, it's expensive to fly people to Europe.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
Hello everyone.  I'm trying to stay spolier free this year but have a question for the detectives. 

The article at this link http://www.pbrnow.com/release/?id=6133  states that the teams will

come face-to-face with one of the world’s most infamous villains.

Who's the infamous villian?

TIA

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
Pedaler!! :hearts:

Just how spoiler free do you want to be? This refers to the end city tasks... might reveal that location if I say. But yes, we know, if you really want to know?!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »
Hello, GeorgiaPeach.  Hope all is well. 

I don't mind location spoilers.  It's not like the old days when you had to analyze the previews to determine the next pit stop. It seems like nowadays the TPTB disclose the locations ahead of time in the media.

I only would like to know who the villain is; not the roadblock, detour, or task associated with the villain.  Thanks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
:vader:

Darth, that is. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: