Author Topic: Questions  (Read 149136 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Questions
« on: November 30, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
Any questions will go here please and one of our astute members will try their best to help you.

This topic is to minimize the chatter in spoiler topics, not for speculation please.

Speculation on locations or contestants will go here please.

thanks!

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »
Why do have llittle information about the second leg of the race? Is this normal? Thank you for your time.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
Why do have llittle information about the second leg of the race? Is this normal? Thank you for your time.

We do our best to track down everything we can about this race, but all of the information that we get is usually presented to this board by a local or someone that has an understanding of what is going on and wants to share what they've witnessed. It's normal for legs to remain unspoiled.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
This is a working site. Unfortunately CBS doesn't hand out many spoilers, so we have to work for them.

We are extraordinarily fortunate to have as much as we do so far. From here on out, it will take a lot of research and a lot of luck in the form of sightings.

Some seasons (TAR15) we have been able to follow the racers almost day by day, some seasons legs take us weeks of hard work to find.

SO given that second leg may just be starting, yes this is very normal, and in fact pretty great!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »
Thank you for answering my question! This site does a great job.I just wondered if the second leg is one of the tougher ones to pin point.

My other question is:

Besides the Us what are other locations that the Tar teams are spotted the most? Europe ? Asia? Thank you.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »
You might want to read through lets say TAR15 spoilers to see how the spoilers come together. Its a lot of hard work and digging but RFF has the best Amazing Race spoilers on the internet and the true detectives and loyal members are always working behind the scenes. I know of no other site that works harder than we do  :jam:

And thanks for returning realwomenlovereality  :waves:

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
TAR16 World Tracking Device
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
Hey fellow RFFers :)

I was wondering if we could start a map with labels including active users in the forum, whereabouts in the world. That could improve the efficiency of our spotting and tracking, will that be OK?

If you would like to be on the map: Please PM me your location and please say that it's for the map because I have a race and I don't want to get mixed up with tasks :)

I will make a map after I have enough submissions.

I was also thinking of putting spottings on the maps with the locations of you guys so you guys might have an idea of where they, are and where they could be possibly going next :)
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 06:46:02 PM »
I've watched TAR every season. Never spoiled until last one and that was purely by accident. I became hooked. However, I am confused about some of the terms you use. What is a switchback? Thanks for being patient with a newbie!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
I've watched TAR every season. Never spoiled until last one and that was purely by accident. I became hooked. However, I am confused about some of the terms you use. What is a switchback? Thanks for being patient with a newbie!

The switchback was introduced just this season (15).  It's not really a new race element, but a name for a re-visited Roadblock.  They did the haybale roadblock in Sweden this season, at the same farm as they used in a previous season.

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
Ah, got it! Thanks so much!

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
Hamsterwatch is reporting that TAR is having the first couple of eliminated teams run dummy legs to throw us off of who really got eliminated in the first couple legs. Is this par for the course for them to do that?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
Hamsterwatch is reporting that TAR is having the first couple of eliminated teams run dummy legs to throw us off of who really got eliminated in the first couple legs. Is this par for the course for them to do that?
   hahaha ........NO

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 09:06:59 PM »
I was just coming to say....

We need this as a smilie puddin!  :funny: It comes in pretty handy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »
GMTA peach :hfive:

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
   hahaha ........NO

so you don't think they're doing that? To be honest, and this isn't being egotistical about J/J, but I could almost imagine them doing that either way, to throw all the excited BB fans off and keep us speculating.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
Lets say there are 11 contestants, the first 5 teams eliminated go to sequester and the last 3 eliminated are sent on decoy runs to throw us off while the real final 3 race to the finish.

example, the Globies and Pinky & the Brains decoying through Vegas

The poker girls running decoys in Tallinn
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:22:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
What Puddin said. If most of the early-out teams follow production for decoy runs, then the Elimination Station videos become...a big bag of nothing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 09:32:22 PM »
Yeah and then theres those elimination station videos  :-[ :tup:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
Can someone tell me what the purple thumbs up are? Thank you.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
heee...where are they? I don't have one....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »
heee...where are they? I don't have one....

:lol:They are in two thread for tar 16.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »
Can someone tell me what the purple thumbs up are? Thank you.

The "Thumb Up" is one of the icon options available for new threads.  I guess you'd have to ask the thread starter why they chose that icon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
Oh that. I think it is a server generated automatic tool for how much traffic or something...not impt.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

remember this is leg one.... so there's going to be major bunching early in this leg due to the mandatory "first leg mandatory rest period".  At most they will be separated by 15-30 minutes after the rest.  Also, given there's only one major task in this leg, it's going to come down to a major slip up or footrace to the pitstop, IMHO.   ;D

Just wondering what the "mandatory rest period" is in the first leg?  And does history show that there's only one major task in the first leg? (sorry - new to RFF! and thanks for your help!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
mandatory rest period=pitstop, length can vary.

One task?  Usually, not always. Somebody else prob knows the breakdowns.

:welcome:
RFF's Golden Rule: