Author Topic: LaToya Gone..Jasmine Booed  (Read 4869 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
LaToya Gone..Jasmine Booed
« on: May 13, 2004, 02:25:02 AM »
LaToya Gone..Jasmine Booed ..I was surprised at the outcome..
I can't beleive how cruel the audiience was to Jasmine  >:( She was visably shaking.. :'(
What the heck is going on? First Jerri from ASS now Jasmine..? Do people take reality shows that seriously?? ???

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: LaToya Gone..Jasmine Booed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 10:25:50 AM »
I am just completely mad!!!!!!!!!   >:(

I thought for sure this was the end for Fantasia.  Latoya did not deserve to go.  At least we know she will make it on her own because she is so good!  Maybe she will be more successful if she isnt tied to AI.

I just know that with Latoya gone her votes are gonna have to go somewhere which will probobly mean that Fantasia is going to get the swing vote and she will probobly win.  YUK!

And the crowd was just soo mean.  Jasmine obviously is doing somethng right because she got the votes to keep her there.

Whatever.... B:) B:) B:) I am so mad about this!

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 11:36:28 AM »
I like your frog pittgirl.  Very cute.   I felt very bad for Jasmine as well.  She might not have deserved to be in the F3 but she definitely didn't deserve to get booed. 
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 01:12:03 PM »
I just know that with Latoya gone her votes are gonna have to go somewhere which will probobly mean that Fantasia is going to get the swing vote and she will probobly win

Yep..that's what my BF and I where just talking about..Fantasia will most likely win .
Since George Huff is gone..it doesn't matter to me anymore.. :-\

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 01:25:52 PM »
Thanks Mama!

I am still really mad!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 04:09:59 PM »
I didn't get to see AI because I watched "Angel" instead.  (Boo-hoo, one more show to go before we lose him.)  Anyway, I'm sorry that the crowd booed Jasmine, but she truly is a marginal singer.  She is constantly off-pitch.  Now, I'm kind of hoping that Diana can pull it off because she has really blossomed lately.  She has a great voice for a 16-year-old. 

Offline flamenco

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 06:44:13 PM »
I thought that the audience was a little cruel as well.... but La Toya was definitely a better singer and shouldn't have gone home.  I at least thought that Jasmine would be in the bottom two.  I guess you never know with this show.  I can't wait to see La Toya and my man George this summer on Tour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 07:49:32 PM »
Hawaii Helps Local Girl Prevail on 'Idol'
Friday May 14 6:42 PM ET

Since she started competing on "American Idol," Jasmine Trias has ridden a wave of support in Hawaii from radio hosts, a TV news anchor, a newspaper and a congressman. But it looks like the support from regular Hawaii residents those with telephones, anyway is what's really paying off.

It appeared Trias would be knocked out of the competition after a mediocre performance earlier this week, but viewers sent favorite La Toya London packing instead.

Fantasia Barrino and Diana DeGarmo also were left standing. The finale is May 25-26, when one of the three singers wins the "Idol" crown and a record contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

The mania surrounding the contest continued in Hawaii on Thursday, as fans greeted Trias at Honolulu's airport. Later, as she received a proclamation declaring it "Jasmine Trias Day," Lt. Gov. James "Duke" Aiona told her that she has galvanized the state.

"You represent us very well," he said.

Trias told the crowd that she thought she was going to be eliminated Wednesday. Executive producer Simon Fuller said she had given farewell gifts to the staff.

One phone company's records might hold clues to the outcome.

Of the 29 states in Verizon's local territory, only New York and California logged more calls on its network than Hawaii after the show, a Verizon spokesman said Thursday. California and New York are among the most populous states in the nation; Hawaii is among the least.

"We hear people say they have voted much more than 100 times," said Michael W. Perry, co-host of the top-rated morning radio show in Honolulu, which has taken up her cause. "For a lot of people it's a Tuesday night habit to see how many times they can get through."

It's possible there was a regional factor beyond state pride. Because of the time difference Hawaii is six hours behind the East Coast viewers might enjoy a less-crowded calling period to cast votes.

Judge Randy Jackson, who said after Wednesday's show that the results were a travesty, noted that Honolulu television newscasters have signed off with a reminder to vote for Trias. That brought an on-air retort from Joe Moore, news anchor at KHON, the Fox station that carries "American Idol."

"If Randy thinks I'm gonna stop telling people in Hawaii to support our local girl Randy, you got another thing coming, dude."

The Honolulu Advertiser published its own full-page color ad seeking to boost her vote, and U.S. Rep. Ed Case urged support during a Tuesday night tribute in Washington to Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.

He ended his speech saying, "If you want to show your support for Asia Pacific Americans tonight, you know what number to call on what TV show right about now. Jasmine just finished singing."

Trias is of Filipino, Spanish and Chinese ancestry
She said she felt "a little guilty" advancing in the competition after her performance was panned by the show's judges.

But judge Simon Cowell said he told her after the show, "Don't carry this load on you just because a better singer left the competition. You got more votes, that's American Idol."

Fans also turned out for the other two finalists as they returned home. In High Point, N.C., police estimated 3,000 fans showed up to show support for Barrino.

City officials gave her a key to the city, and proclamations of support were read from the High Point City Council and Guilford County Board of Commissioners.

In Snellville, Ga., hundreds of fans and friends packed a social hall to welcome DeGarmo. The 16-year-old singer was presented a key to her hometown and named "mayor for the day."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20040514/108458532000.html

Offline flamenco

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 03:39:35 PM »
Hey I just wanted to remind anyone planning on going to the tour that you can get tix tomorrow and monday instead of waiting until the 22nd!!  I am definitely going to support La Toya and George since they are no longer around.   :-\  Anyway, here is the link...  http://www.poptarts.com/promotions/poptarts/ai_main.html   I can't wait! :;>)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 06:33:48 PM »
Thanks for the Link flamenco
 :D

Offline flamenco

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 09:49:14 AM »
sure thing  :)  Hopefully this week will prove that the remaining ladies have deserved to get this far.  I am looking forward to some good performances, at least by Fantasia and Diana.   ::)