Author Topic: Tonights Show....  (Read 3250 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Tonights Show....
« on: May 18, 2004, 10:40:34 PM »
Wow Wow Wow..Fantasia was fantastic tonight  :;>)
Diana..her first 2 songs where ok..but , her last song blew me away..
Jasmine..I thought her first song was just OK..( better than prevoius shows ) her next 2 wern't as good..

Best Fantasia :;>)
Second Diana  ;D
Jasmine..its time for you to go Bye Bye.. <>)

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
Re: Tonights Show....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 10:59:15 PM »
100% correct puddin!!!
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 08:06:03 AM »
I just don't get what everyone sees in Fantasia.  I thought she was alright, but honestly don't think she is anything special.  I love Jasmine and I think she has a good voice and with a little voice training she can really be a star.  I know she doesn't stand a chance though.

I thought Fantasia was good on her first 2 songs and when she sang Whitney Housten on her 3rd, I thought it was horrible.  I think she can do well with upbeat songs but when you give her a slow song especially one of Housten's she is terrible.  She screams the words with that scratchy voice.  I was so upset when the panel told her how great she is.  Diana did amazing on the last song and I think her voice is sooo strong and it beats Fantasia any day.  I can't wait til they go head to head, I hope she puts Fantasia to shame.

I tried voting last night via text message and I couldnt get through.  Anyone else have this problem?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:34:53 AM »
I got through ....I voted for Fantasia twice...and Diana once ( for her last song ).

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 02:33:21 PM »
The problem with Jasmine is that she often goes flat.  It's possible that with lessons she could improve, but the other two have the natural ear for hitting notes and they shouldn't be discounted just because Jasmine could have the potential for becoming a better singer. 

Diana is a very good singer and she will be a fantastic singer when she's a little older and her voice becomes more mature.  I would be happy with her winning the competition. 

Fantasia has one thing that the other two don't have; she can take a song and make it her own.  It's unfortunate that she's received so many good critiques from the judges because I think that makes some people want to vote instead for the underdog.  I'm sure that part of the reason people don't like her is because Simon does like her.  However she makes out in the competition, I think she'll do very well in the music business.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 10:29:30 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Diana wins although look what happened to Rueben and Clay.  Clay should of won.  Fantasia will definitely have a longer and more fruitful career.  I thought her Whitney Houston song stunk also pittgirl but I absolutely loved the song that Simon picked for her.  She really knows how to work the audience.
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed