Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 258239 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
Did you see the picture?? Multiple teams...

It looks like about 3 or 4 teams with their camera crews...it's entirely possible the rest of the teams took a different option.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2010, 11:45:58 PM »
Or a different bus. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »
Or a different bus. :lol:

That's what I meant. Has it been a long day for you, peach? :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
I like the hypotheses that others have been presenting on this thread, as they are moving us forward. I have a possible explanation for why some teams could be on the 840am bus from Puerto Varas while others go through Osorno. It is necessity is the mother of invention.

Teams check in at a variety of times due to varying task performance. The lead teams would have the opportunity to go on the earliest bus and would be foolish not to do so. Later teams, as long as they were able to find a way (I went back to the bus schedules and there is nothing on either Cruz del Sur or Tas Choapa from Puerto Varas to Osorno) need to get to Osorno no later than 1030am. Maybe teams get there by taxi. Given the only schedule that I have, 10am or 1030am departures from Osorno, create severe difficulty in reaching this alternative in time. However, who knows. Maybe the spread of Puerto Varas release times was fairly tight and centered around 840am. That would allow feasibility

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
As we wait on the start of the race, I have been rereading as much of the spoiler threads as possible in preparation for the show.

And I am amazed all over again at the wonderful teamwork that went into this season!!

As I reread the tweets, the excitement of the start line comes alive...and what fun to follow that day (and all the others!) knowing what we do now!!

So a :thankyou: BIG THANKYOU :thankyou:
to everyone who tirelessly searched and followed tweets and leads and blogs and articles!
Our new BB friends, Detectives, members, newbies, eyewitnesses...  I can't name you all, but it is you ALL who make this forum the best on the Internet for TAR spoilers!!

:party: Great job everyone!! :party:

:ty
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #580 on: February 13, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
And thank YOU Peach!  You too have been very helpful with all the spoiler stuff and everything else TAR16 related.  Much appreciated!

Let me be (among) the first to wish you and everyone else a happy TARsday!!  It's going to be an awesome 12 weeks of great locations (along with the other stuff)!

Nice to see a return of more continents this year!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
Yes, a huge thanks to all who contributed. Thanks guys, you're all awesome! :hearts:

Get ready, TAR is hours away! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »
Jet & Cord (Spotted en route to USA) Final 3
Brent & Caitlin(Spotted en route to USA) Final 3
Dan & Jordan (Spotted en route to USA) Final 3

I'm certainly. hoping. this. won't. be. true. :lol:

That means my favourites will get eliminated 5th and 6th again, like always. :(

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »
Jet & Cord (Spotted en route to USA) Final 3
Brent & Caitlin(Spotted en route to USA) Final 3
Dan & Jordan (Spotted en route to USA) Final 3

I'm certainly. hoping. this. won't. be. true. :lol:

Me too. But if it does, go Jet & Cord! The other two are just too annoying to deserve it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #584 on: February 20, 2010, 05:37:16 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
one more thing, phil mentioned that this season will feature a zig-zag route, so which comes after which, i am confused?
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »
This gives credence to the Argentine/Chilean newspaper report in Spanish we had early on that had spoiled an early team elimination, and quoted a production source that had them traveling next to Germany.

My recollection is that even if CBS doesn't issue a press release this early, they do release listings information directly to the various publishers who compile that information for newspapers, TV magazines, TV programming web sites, and cable programming guides. If it's the for the fourth leg (i.e., staying two weeks ahead for the data) then the timing is right on schedule.

Now, does that totally eliminate England or Liverpool? Possibly not. All we have to go on, basically, is what CBS released just before the season started. Given that the Fab Four would commute between Hamburg and Liverpool by ferry in their early days, I could see something like that to allow production to get ahead of the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
Right now the timeline already has the fourth leg as an unknown. I think it will go like this:

Leg 4: Germany
Leg 5: England
Leg 6: France
Leg 7: Seychelles

Just put Germany in as the unknown country and there you have it.

EDIT: That's not possible with 8 foreign countries, though. Maybe we will have to boot out England or France, but it seems pretty obvious that Germany will be first of the European countries.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #588 on: February 20, 2010, 01:18:40 PM »
Not necessarily Hooky. We can have EITHER Germany or England but not both, if we believe 8 countries. France is sure because of the WWI reenactment.

We have a discepency here...we have a newspaper article from earlier saying teams go to Germany. We have a media article saying teams go to England...one of them is wrong. I don't know where TV guide got their info..if it is a press relaease the rest of us don't have it yet (and according to puddin, won't until after ep 3). So hard to say if we believe their info yet or not.

I think we may have to just wait and see. Since we don't know where the TV Guide info orginates from, I am reluctant to give up on Liverpool just yet, but it may well be Germany instead. :duno:

ANd we don't know for sure that France precedes the Seychelles, but that does seem more likely than Seychelles>>France.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #589 on: February 20, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
CBS should update the episode title tonight around 9pm ET so .....

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/schedule

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
Not necessarily Hooky. We can have EITHER Germany or England but not both, if we believe 8 countries. France is sure because of the WWI reenactment.

We have a discepency here...we have a newspaper article from earlier saying teams go to Germany. We have a media article saying teams go to England...one of them is wrong. I don't know where TV guide got their info..if it is a press relaease the rest of us don't have it yet (and according to puddin, won't until after ep 3). So hard to say if we believe their info yet or not.

I think we may have to just wait and see. Since we don't know where the TV Guide info orginates from, I am reluctant to give up on Liverpool just yet, but it may well be Germany instead. :duno:

ANd we don't know for sure that France precedes the Seychelles, but that does seem more likely than Seychelles>>France.

I feel that the Argentinean press is more reliable. I can see how Liverpool can result as an assumption from "early days of the Beatles," but back in the early days of December I don't see what could have caused the Argentinean article to pluck the word "Germany" out of thin air. That same article has been reliable so far on the South American destinations, and there's very little ambiguity in the sentence, I believe.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
from the official release (,)

Teams will participate in a grueling World War I reenactment in France, retrace the early days of the iconic rock group, The Beatles, and come face-to-face with one of the world's most infamous villains.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/original?id=6104&dpid=56

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Well, TV Guide got that from somewhere, :lol: so we may have to go with the 2 out of 3 Germany. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
I found some websites about the Beatles in Hamburg,Germany:

This one talks about the new Beatlemania museum that opened there in May 2009:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4732-Celebrity-Travel-Examiner~y2009m6d21-New-Beatles-museum-opens-in-Hamburg-Germany

Ths is the official German Beatlemania museum site :

http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/english/index.html

Another site:

http://www.beatles-history.net/hamburg-germany.html

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
CBS should update the episode title tonight around 9pm ET so .....

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/schedule

This clears it up a bit...
Amazing Race 16 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt (Germany)
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
Germany again?  :'(

Oh well, one could have hoped.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
Thanks wp...Germany it is!!

Bye Liverpool!  :(

03/07 60 Minutes Amazing Race 16 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt (Germany)

So..Argentina>>Germany>>France>>Seychelles??

and will add here that I think Fort Seclin is very probable for the WWI reenactment.

And which other location will be the last double leg??

We have 2 in Chile, 2 in Singapore (I think?? ??? ) and 2 in Shanghai...so we need one more double, right??

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Seychelles!!  :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

AmazingDT

« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
I thought that there were 3 legs in Europe.  So doesnt that mean either france or Germany has 2 legs? :duno:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
This clears it up a bit...
Amazing Race 16 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt (Germany)

:lol: ...that title suggests our racers are in the sleazy part of Hamburg (the Red Light District of Reeperbahn)  :snicker:

which by the way is the same area as the Beatlemania Museum... go figure....   :keeta:

Hamburg's red-light district    :colors

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #599 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »
 :lol:  Beatles Platz     ........good location for a clubox....  ;)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:10:07 PM by TexasLady »