Author Topic: Ep#12: Which team hits the jackpot?  (Read 31248 times)

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Ep#12: Which team hits the jackpot?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »
[quote author=mswood link=topic=21247.msg497881#msg497881 date=1259558713

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?
     I wouldn't have agreed to share info. If I had agreed, I would have stuck to my word. I half expected Brian to
     give him the answer.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Brian/Erika for the
     win, Mehgan/Cheyne for place, Sam and Dan for show. Little edits have given me a B/E win vibe for awhile now.

3.  Who do you want to win?  Team Yellow (I've been cheering them from the beginning)
4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan/Cheyne (most consistent racing this season)
5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? Pretty good actually. The teams I
     really disliked were gone early.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end? Loved the Prague Leg 1. The opera singer was
     one of my favorite locals ever. Also Estonia, because I was there just a year ago. Didn't like the Tokyo leg.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?
I can't even imagine. I'm glad they did, because it let my favorite team continue.  :wohoo:[/quote]

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
Well this brings us to the end of this season (damn they fly by quick), luckily a new one started filming this week to tied us over.

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? Hell no.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? The brother show, toss-up between the other two.

3.  Who do you want to win? The most awesome player left is Brian.

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan and Cheyne; seriously they're like Nick and Starr.

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? TAR 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14 had a better cast. The bad teams were out early though, like TAR 14. In addition, the route was better than 14.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?
Japan was a bad leg. Wasn't too fond of the tasks in HCMC. The best tasks were the duck roadblock, every roadblock in Europe, the detours in Dubai II, Netherlands, and Prague II. Props to Atlantis slide for being memorable. Seriously, they should've made Dubai and Prague double-legs to stop Meghan and Cheyne from winning so many first-places. I also agree that the FF was useless this race and only ensured another win for M/C.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?
They are not good at guessing combinations (or combinatorics, they had 24 options given the first letter)! Agh, that was painful!  :groan:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:31:09 PM by Caelestor »

Offline Youk8

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? No and No

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?Brian & Ericka, Meghan/Cheyne, then Sam/Dan....   :duno:

3.  Who do you want to win?Brian/Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?Meghan/Cheyne

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? :duno:

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 12:18:31 AM »
Well this brings us to the end of this season (damn they fly by quick), luckily a new one started filming this week to tied us over.

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? No way, man, that was generous of him

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?
Wins = "Brian and Ericka" Places = "Sam and Dan" Shows = "Marc/Rovilson" aka Meghan and Shane

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian and Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Zev and Justin

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?
 :casey

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?
The leg with the cool candle thingy/Leg 3 in Vietnam was a bit lame

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?

Yeah, it sucks that that's life. Flight Time should have done the roadblock
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:04:13 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? Nope, not a chance, if I were an all-male team up against two Harlem Globetrotters in that situation I would have done the same!

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?
Wins = Meghan and Cheyne Places = Brian and Ericka Shows = Sam and Dan

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian and Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Marcy and Ron repz!

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?
GREAT! Not the best for me! But a great race nonetheless!

Dubai 1.0 was a great leg and The Netherlands/ Not any really though Japan was stupid because it was so hyped to be going to JAPAN and then basically nothing whatsoever in the leg itself!

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock? I found myself happy and hysterical when Big "Easy" managed to quit and screw it up epically! But I suppose he thought 4 hours would be faster!

'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 03:56:15 AM »
In terms of the Meghan & Cheyne/Nick & Starr discussion before, I have honestly hated most of the teams that dominated, but for once, I like Meghan & Cheyne. The reason that I believe they are stronger than Nick & Starr is that they have raced against a much stronger cast, and have still come out on top consistently.

Back on topic: As someone above mentioned, little editings have also suggested to me a Team Yellow upset, so I will go out on a limb and say that I believe Team Yellow 'hits the jackpot'.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »
LOLZ, aren't you considering Nick/Starr a dominant team?
Atleast, Colin/Christie came in Bottom 2...while Meghan/Cheyne and Nick/Starr don't....
...By now, I'm saying an early congratulations to Meghan/Cheyne....they'll tie to Nick/Starr's record.
--

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?
I would not, considering they'll win if I give the right answer  :(

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?
Wins = Brian/Ericka [hopefully!  :jumpy: ]
Places = Meghan/Cheyne [Atleast, Marc/Rovilson even showed great moments and don't make us snooze.....I think they'll get Kris/Jon'd
Shows = Sam/Dan [taxi karma?]

3.  Who do you want to win?
Brian and Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?
Brian and Ericka

It's not that good....a triple slaughter starting from Lance/Keri then Mika/Canaan, then Maria/Tiffany....atleast Brian/Ericka made it further....but great locations, teams are just.... ZZZ =/

Fave: Sweden, since it looks really bright and such a nice place to live in.
Dislike: Leg 3 [Vietnam] ... I dunno =/, but only Lance's smash that made me watch that leg =/

:duno:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »
^^ I think Nick & Starr are strong, but not as strong, when looking at the teams they had to beat.

Sorry to be getting off topic. :-[
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:15 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?
No, Yes

What I want:
Wins = Brian/Ericka
Places = Meghan/Cheyne
Shows = Sam/Dan

What will most likely happen: (I can't be that lucky, can I? :res:)
Wins = Meghan/Cheyne
Places = Sam/Dan
Shows = Brian/Ericka

Brian & Ericka

anyone of them deserve to win

Let's see. <3'ing the first two boots, followed by a six-peat slaughter of Marcy & Ron, Zev & Justin, Lance & Keri, Mika & Canaan, Maria & Tiffany and Gary & Matt, what do you think? :funny: But it's still better than TAR7. :funny:

favorite = Leg 2 <33333
least favorite = the stretch of legs from 6 to 9

Well, I don't know, but one thing's sure: they definitely were NOT thinking of 'FRANZ'. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »
It will depend on my mood at the time. Most likely no to both. If I felt generous, I would give him the f.

Megan and Cheyne win. Brian and Ericka shows. Sam and dan places.

Megan and Cheyne

Meghan and Cheyne.

9.5 outtta 10.

Both legs of Dubai, very beautiful places they visited. Tokyo leg roadblock annoyed me. totalay unfair.

They weren't thinking. They probably had their brains sucked out. It's not hard to get a 5-letter combination and just to give up on such a easy roadblock is just plain stupid.

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »

1. If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer? Hell would you have given him the "F"? I think everyone knows "I LOVE DAN...NOT!" He is the definition of "nothing". Was anyone watching the show. He couldn't figure out crap and was looking for help with the task. He made a deal and should've stuck to it. Yes, it's a game but he wouldn't have figured it out if Big Easy hadn't helped him eliminate possible answers. My answer is YES, I would've given him the answer. No need to give the "F" because I would have stuck by my "word". Just like Big Easy said, "You are what you are!"

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Win: Meghan & Cheyne, Places: Brian & Erica(I pray), Shows: The "Christian" Brothers, ur, I mean Sam & Damien 

3.  Who do you want to win? Meghan & Cheyne  ;D

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan & Cheyne  :casey

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? Scale 1-10, 10 being the highest..clearly a "2"

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end? FAVORITE LEG ; Dan crying  :'(, I love watching when an actor channels his craft. I almost believed him. MOST ANNOYING: The big crocodile tears from Dan after screaming at Sam for no reason. Next episode, the same screaming from Dan, next episode--still more screaming from Dan. Next episode, more screaming from Dan. Were the tears for his new found respect for Sam or from the embarrassment he felt from a camera catching it all? I love that loser! PRICELESS!  :groan:

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously? Blank, is anyone home. This was for the final 3 and 1 million dollars. Shame shame shame. Bench him coach.  :duno:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer? No, probably not. But I wouldn't have tried to work with him, either. Hell would you have given him the "F"? Yes. If I had promised to work with him, that's the least I could do.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Win: Meghan & Cheyne; Place: Brian & Ericka; Show: Sam & Dan.

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian & Ericka or Meghan & Cheyne. They are about equal in my mind.

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan & Cheyne or Brian & Ericka, based on how they played the game.

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? We'll find out for sure after the finale, but right now I'd say it's in the top 5 on my list.

6.  What was your favorite Leg? Legs 5 and 6 tied. Dubai was awesome. Honorable mention: Leg 10. What leg annoyed you to no end? Leg 3 (editing was terrible, tasks pretty unexciting), and Leg 8 (terrible tasks except for hay bales) tied.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously? I really have no clue, but I guess if you aren't smart with that kind of stuff, then it could be a valid option.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »
NO!

1st: Brian & Erika
2nd: Sam & Dan
3rd: Meghan & Cheyne

Brian & Erika

Meghan & Cheyne

About the same as 14.

Dubai 1
Leg 1

Nothing...

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?  If I made a deal with Big Easy, I would honor it.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Meghan & Cheyene for the win.  Brian & Erika to place. And the Brothers to place.

3.  Who do you want to win? Meghan & Cheyene

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan & Cheyene

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?  Having a blast as always

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  Dubai hot & cold.  Holland. What leg annoyed you to no end? 

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?  He was too frustrated.

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
I am really surprised about the number of people who say that would have kept there word.  As so many racers lie to other teams over the various seasons.  From tasks to navigation, ect.

My guess is that everyone saw how confused Danbo(Dumbo) was with the task. He couldn't figure out anything. I understand strategy and I understand "racers lie to other teams" but he wasn't using strategy. I doubt if he knows how to spell it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
I LOVE you Dan  :hearts: and ........

Don't hate the players CountryT6905, hate the game. And yeah, its just a game .. and a million dollar one at that.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? 

Hahahahahahah.... NO! Never! The Roadblock was very easy on my part (only because I know who Kafka is)

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?

I don't understand this question, so I'll skip this

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian and Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Brian and Ericka

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?  Season 14 is better (only gapped by a meter).

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  The Dubai 1 is awesome! What leg annoyed you to no end? None

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?  You ask what BE think about quitting the RB? N-O-T-H-I-N-G, and I spelled it.

Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 01:50:48 AM »

Don't hate the players CountryT6905, hate the game. And yeah, its just a game .. and a million dollar one at that.

Puddin Please!....he had NO game present. If game was his enlightening on screen cry and screaming like a fool, then he's a champ. I guess you got sucked up into the so called "midwestern" charm.  :colors

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 01:57:24 AM »

Puddin Please!....he had NO game present. If game was his enlightening on screen cry and screaming like a fool, then he's a champ. I guess you got sucked up into the so called "midwestern" charm.  :colors
Guess I did and the fact that Dan is a hell of a nice guy is just he icing on the cake, hes drop dead gorgeous. AND he's not dumb, far from it! Blame it on the editors I guess, they have to do their job.

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2009, 02:07:25 AM »

Guess I did and the fact that Dan is a hell of a nice guy is just he icing on the cake, hes drop dead gorgeous. AND he's not dumb, far from it! Blame it on the editors I guess, they have to do their job.

Puddin you only know what you see, like the rest of us, Season 15, one night a week. We don't "really" know the guy but if there was enough footage to edit and make him look like an idiot, my guess, he is an idiot. Looks fade.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?  No, I wouldn't -- although I would've given him the "F".

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?  Megan & Cheyne win, Brian & Ericka place and Sam & Dan show.

3.  Who do you want to win?  Either Brian & Ericka or Megan & Cheyne.

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?  Megan & Cheyne.  They were the best racers.

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?  In the middle, I think.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?  My favorite one was where Lance & Keri were sent packing.  The one that annoyed me to no end might've been the one where Zev & Justin were Philiminated -- that was the one I liked the least.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?  I guess they were tired and worn-down.  Besides, they were already in last.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »

Puddin you only know what you see, like the rest of us, Season 15, one night a week. We don't "really" know the guy but if there was enough footage to edit and make him look like an idiot, my guess, he is an idiot. Looks fade.
Maybe you don't "really" know the guy but I do  :waves:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
I am really surprised about the number of people who say that would have kept there word.  As so many racers lie to other teams over the various seasons.  From tasks to navigation, ect.

My guess is that everyone saw how confused Danbo(Dumbo) was with the task. He couldn't figure out anything. I understand strategy and I understand "racers lie to other teams" but he wasn't using strategy. I doubt if he knows how to spell it.
This makes no sense.

First one would need to discover how long each of the four racers took to complete a task.  Of which we don't know.  All we do know is that Big Easy took hours.  And we would logically need to see that data.  Once we get departure times (from this week, and thanks to several shots of clocks out during the the episode) we will get a much better idea of how teams really did.  

But you do understand that every team so far as had trouble with some tasks, and that doesn't indicate one's intelligence.  Someone might do something that is stupid, but that doesn't mean that person is stupid.  

I mean logically go through each episode and look at the tasks people had trouble with.  Does the fact that Meghan & Cheyne took hours to put together Hookah's mean they are stupid (they were slower at this task then many teams)?  Or is it just not a skill set they have?

Ericka couldn't count bells worth a crap?  Is she stupid.  In that sam leg, look how much trouble that team had with simply following the instructions of the clue?  Are they both stupid?  Meghan wasn't able to open a locked door with a set of 10 keys, yet Dan managed with no problem, does that mean Meghan is dumber then Dan?  We have Cheyne picking up normal sized instruments left and right, when the clue specifically mentions that they are looking for miniature ones (and is reminded of this by his teammate, and he continues getting normal sized ones, at least three more are shown in footage).  Brian couldn't even get his car going (losing a huge amount of time) how does that indicate his intelligence.

And yes Dan is emotional (he does seem to wear his emotions on his sleeve), so what.  He is hardly the only racer to cry, nor is he the only racer to whine, nor is he the only racer to yell.  Now that might be annoying to you (and that is certainly understandable, its not something I do).  But it doesn't have anything to do with if he is a nice person, or his intelligence or skill sets.

Hell people love the Bowling Moms, yet how often did they complain?  How often did they cry?  How often did they do something questionable?  How often did they yell?  The answer is a lot.  And yet they are a beloved team.  Look at Kevin & Drew and ask the same questions, and god they did it all as well, yet they are also a beloved team.  And in most every case you can pick a team (especially ones that last) and find more then one example of them making a poor choice or doing something that we think is stupid.

Then you type "If there was enough footage to edit and make him look like an idiot, my guess, he is an idiot"

So you think all the racers are idiots, then?  Certainly we have seen far worse errors made (hell just on this season, by several racers) including people in the final.

But what are the events that show "dan" to be an idiot?  And how exactly are they worse then the mistakes the other racers (just in this season have made)?  

Again you can like which ever team you like (or which racer you like), but I don't think it is to much for you (and for me and everyone else as well) to judge each of them on based on the same scale.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:28:34 PM by mswood »

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
Yes! Dan was obnoxious.

Brian & Ericka

Brian & Ericka

Meghan & Cheyne

Better than Family Edition, not as good as any season that features Meredith & Gretchen

Favorite: Sweden, Annoying: Dubai 2 (What was Mika thinking???)

OMG

Offline CountryT6905

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »

Maybe you don't "really" know the guy but I do  :waves:

Sweetheart, you must know a lot of people. A few hours hanging with a person doesn't mean you know them. The only thing you know is what we all know, their TV personality.