Author Topic: TAR 16 Timeline Thread  (Read 184251 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 16 Timeline Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
Hopefully NOT their passports. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

well it seems to happen EVERY season nowadays...

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »

:lol: And by that you mean the past 2 seasons  :lol: :) lol or is it 3? Pretty sure 2....I haven't rewatched episodes yet and am about to start going through the older seasons in between new Season 16 episodes.

DavidJunior

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »

:lol: And by that you mean the past 2 seasons  :lol: :) lol or is it 3? Pretty sure 2....I haven't rewatched episodes yet and am about to start going through the older seasons in between new Season 16 episodes.

3 i believe

Season 13: Dallas leaves his team's passports (along with their money, clues, etc. in the fanny pack) in a cab, and loses them for good in Moscow, Russia
Season 14: Kisha and Jen leave their fannypacks (with passports inside) at the dock in Bangkok, Thailand, but are able to retrieve them to continue in the race
Season 15: Justin loses Zev's passport in a rush to pull a light out of his fanny pack.  They are able to find it the next day or so, but it's already been to late and they have been eliminated

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

3 i believe

Season 13: Dallas leaves his team's passports (along with their money, clues, etc. in the fanny pack) in a cab, and loses them for good in Moscow, Russia
Season 14: Kisha and Jen leave their fannypacks (with passports inside) at the dock in Bangkok, Thailand, but are able to retrieve them to continue in the race
Season 15: Justin loses Zev's passport in a rush to pull a light out of his fanny pack.  They are able to find it the next day or so, but it's already been to late and they have been eliminated

Ah yes. 14 threw me off. Forgot that it was 3 losses and 2 that actually effected the race. I've always felt as if that would be my biggest fear with traveling abroad....on OR off the race.

DavidJunior

« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »

3 i believe

Ah yes. 14 threw me off. Forgot that it was 3 losses and 2 that actually effected the race. I've always felt as if that would be my biggest fear with traveling abroad....on OR off the race.

it sure is mine.  i keep that thing glued to my chest for the entire trip

oh lord what a mess that would be...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2010, 02:21:39 AM »
Technically it happened twice in TAR14, with Amanda & Kris in Romania. They found it, but that ultimately cost them first place.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

DavidJunior

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:35 AM »
Technically it happened twice in TAR14, with Amanda & Kris in Romania. They found it, but that ultimately cost them first place.

OMG i forgot about that one!

but, we've travelled very far  :ot:

let's make our way back to the timeline!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »
Back to the timeline discussion with my take on the following:

And I don't see any reason there would be two Roadblocks, so one of them must either be a Route Marker, Fast Forward, or Detour choice.

Yeah, they're not going to have two Roadblocks on that first leg.  That's barring yet another curve ball. I also agree that it's likely a task that everyone has to do.  The puzzle task seems like a general task, compared to the noddle-making RB. 

As for a Fast Forward, I doubt they would have one in the penultimate segment.  Since they've been doing 1-2 FF, it's only surfaced on the final elimination leg once (guess there was reward for saving it until it was the most advantageous).  But you never know; I think if there's a Fast Forward, it would be on the first leg for a NEL, but the second one if it's a double TBC leg.  Finally, if it's an uber leg, the golden buddhas and something else could be the first detour right before the faux pitstop.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
It isn't a TBC, it is a NEL. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
Oops!  Sorry!  Good to know, however; thanks!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
I'm drawing a blank for the second flight. Does anyone have a clue?

Assumptions:
1. Brent/Caite and Jeff/Jordan are on the first flight, as they are in the lead in the EW preview.
2. The spoiler that Brent/Caite, Jeff/Jordan and Mike/Louie were on the Miami flight is correct.

Knowns:
1. All teams were in Terminal 4 of LAX.
2. The second flight leaves "almost an hour" behind the first.
3. EXIF data has Jeff/Jordan in the American terminal at 11.47am.

We have two possible flights into Miami for the lead teams. AA 1516 (1220-2005) or AA 252 (1430-2215), connecting to LA 957 to Santiago (2345-1010). The flights that leave between half an hour to an hour behind these two flights from Terminal 4 make it to Saint Louis, Roswell, San Jose, San Diego, Monterrey, Austin and Dallas. No teams were seen on the Dallas flight, nor does it come in later than the Miami flight for Brent/Caite and Jeff/Jordan to hold a lead. How did those other 8 teams get to Santiago?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
I guarantee you:  The Mompreneurs were headed to Dallas.   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
Despite them not being seen at Dallas...there was def room on that flight and there could well have been some preboarding done. If they either pre-boarded them all, or snuck them on not via the main boarding area, they could have been missed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Did look like the lead teams could have made the connecting flight and not have to bunch through Miami! They had a 2.5h scheduled connection that was cut to 2h, if they had risked the delay and stayed on with their original itinerary.

AA 2448 to Dallas 1452-1925 (scheduled 1350-1845)
AA 945 to Santiago 2125-0947 (scheduled 2110-0945)

But well! Dallas mystery solved! That was a nice surprise...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:47:24 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
Now we know.....  I am not sure I would have taken the chance either though.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2010, 02:13:24 AM »
I guarantee you:  The Mompreneurs were headed to Dallas.   :tup:

They bounced me out of the American Airlines Gate area at about 1:10 pm.  The Dallas flight was scheduled to to leave at 1:50 pm.

Missed it by that much !   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
Chateau. your inbox is full; I can't respond to your PM.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »
making room ... try it now!

Offline kojak

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
I have notice that no one knows where they are going after argentina.  They were spoted in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  All I know, it was nine teams and had to go to a local bowling lane and bowl a strike in 5 pin bowling.  The challenge took an hour and a half to complete for start to finish.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »
cant it be local the amazing race it show the amazing hunt

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
Sorry, not our race. Wrong dates...

The Amazing Race” Makes Quick Stop in Winnipeg
Nov. 03, 2009 at 7:26 am CDT in Entertainment
Cast and crew from the hit CBS reality show “The Amazing Race” were in Winnipeg on Friday — this, according to Dave Wheeler at Power 97.

Wheels said in an e-mail late Monday that they were filming here for the next season, and needed to shoot a bowling scene. Because there isn’t five-pin bowling in the U.S., they had to make a stop at Dakota Lanes in St. Vital.

The shoot apparently took an hour and a half.

No word if Winnipeg was a scheduled stop, or a spur of the moment decision made by production staff.

Forget The Forks, Winnipeg is now known for its bowling centres. But The Forks is still cool, too.

UPDATE: According to some readers, it wasn’t the TV show that was in town, but rather Family Services doing their own Amazing Race.

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/16489/the-amazing-race-bowling-winnipeg/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2010, 01:06:46 AM »
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2010, 05:29:02 AM »
Hmmmm...back to the Hamburg vs Liverpool discussion.

TV Guide is not infallible, but if this is based on a CBS press release then it could be correct, in which case we won't see Liverpool. :(

Discuss here please:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.msg511987.html#msg511987
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:38:30 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »
The Hamburg information fits in with our original timetable, since it was created with the "Germany after Bariloche" newspaper article in mind. Narrowing it down to Hamburg narrows downs our dates, though, as Phil can make it to Hamburg by the morning of the 4th if he leaves Bariloche on the night of the 2nd.

Peach, from the media and spoiler information we have of Bariloche, I'm relatively certain it's a one-day, one-leg affair.

Leg
Phil
Teams
Comments
Valparaiso
29 Nov
29 Nov
First leg
Puerto Varas
30 Nov
1 Dec
Bariloche