Author Topic: TAR 16 Timeline Thread  (Read 184235 times)

Offline lp08479

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 16 Timeline Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »
I heard from a friend of mine who comes from Shanghai that the show was filmed in shanghai for three or four days.

So there should be two legs in Shanghai!!!!  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2010, 10:14:19 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF lp08479!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us!! :jumpy:

Is there any more that you might be able to tell us?? We know just a little about Shanghai so far...

But sometimes Phill is there a day ahead to film standups, then the day of the tasks, then the departure day makes three days already...so it would be helpful if your friend could say  that teams were filmed for 3 or 4 days, it does make a difference.

But Neobie also believes that there may be two legs, if so, what a great thing to let us see more of Shanghai!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
It's great to hear about a possible second Shanghai leg. I think someone mentioned it, but the last three races have all spent two legs in the penultimate city.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
I just want to make one observation.  Ever since TAR 12, the structure of the route has changed in consistent ways from earlier seasons. We now have a pattern with 11-12 legs, rather than 12-13 (and I'm not counting the uberlegs as seprate legs in this comparison).
In the recent Races, there has been a consistent pattern of two or three cities where there are double legs. In the earlier seasons , two legs in a country didn't always mean two legs in the same city or metropolitan  area. And it appears the remaining legs are often a grouped together so that several proximate countries are plotted out in each continent/area the route goes through. I'm sure it may be stating the obvious, but my point is that there really is a change since Race 12 as compared to the Races prior to that one.

Actually, TAR 12 did not stay in the same city for one leg (they went out to the country and back into the capital during the Burkino Faso legs). TAR 14 only stayed in Beijing due to the TBC. TAR 13 stayed in Delhi and Moscow, and TAR 15 stayed in Dubai and Prague for 2 legs each.

A far more visible trend that really started in TAR 13 is the fact that 3 countries host more than 1 leg:

TAR 13: Brazil, India, Russia.
TAR 14: Russia, Thailand, China.
TAR 15: Vietnam, Dubai, Czech Republic.

We know that Chile has 2 legs for TAR 16. That leaves 2 more unaccounted for.

Furthermore, the last city (Moscow, Beijing, Prague) has held 2 legs.

Yep, and it appears as if the pattern will hold again this season.

Offline lp08479

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2010, 02:45:59 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF lp08479!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us!! :jumpy:

Is there any more that you might be able to tell us?? We know just a little about Shanghai so far...

But sometimes Phill is there a day ahead to film standups, then the day of the tasks, then the departure day makes three days already...so it would be helpful if your friend could say  that teams were filmed for 3 or 4 days, it does make a difference.

But Neobie also believes that there may be two legs, if so, what a great thing to let us see more of Shanghai!! :hearts:

As you know, TAR 14 went to Beijing China for two legs since 2008 Olympics was hold there and a big part of that two legs was relative of Olympics. 

And this time, World Exhibition 2010 is going to be hold in Shanghai which is the biggest World Exhibition in the history. (http://en.expo2010.cn/)

Most of countries all over the world will participate in it and a lot of beautiful pavilions have been build in shanghai.(http://en.expo2010.cn/participation/pop/moren.htm)

So it is very very possible for TAR 16 to do something about World ExExhibition 2010 in Shanghai this time.  :jumpy:

Offline turtlerun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2010, 05:13:08 AM »
They were definitely in Shanghai. I was on the flight with TAR contestants from Shanghai back to the US in Dec. They originally told me they were part of some travel show. There were 4 teams on my flight...

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2010, 05:53:46 AM »
They were definitely in Shanghai. I was on the flight with TAR contestants from Shanghai back to the US in Dec. They originally told me they were part of some travel show. There were 4 teams on my flight...

4 teams?? This is a little strange. Either

A) These were the teams that were NOT sequested

or

B) The final 4 got on the same flight due to lack of flights (which I cannot believe. Just go via LAX. Last time I went back there were 3 flights to LAX leaving the same afternoon)

or

C) F4 racing to finish line???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:04:46 AM by jerseydude »
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2010, 07:06:47 AM »

4 teams?? This is a little strange. Either

A) These were the teams that were sequested

or

B) The final 4 got on the same flight due to lack of flights (which I cannot believe. Just go via LAX. Last time I went back there were 3 flights to LAX leaving the same afternoon)

or

C) F4 racing to finish line???

I doubt it will be a final 4  but I think that one of them was eliminated and took the same flight with the final 3 :duno:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
I doubt it will be a final 4  but I think that one of them was eliminated and took the same flight with the final 3

Or there could be a surprise twist that has one of the 4 teams eliminated in the US.  It could be very unexpected.  We're watching Episode 11 (on the basis of a 12 episode season), and they went through all of the 3 NE episodes (or 2 NE + 1 TBC), and you'd think that this episode is obviously a Philimination.

Then Phil saves that team, and everyone watching is in shock.  Then, it's finale time.  Everyone is trying to get back to the US and to the Finish line.  Somewhere in the middle of the episode, there's a mid-leg Philimination.  Then they're down to 3 teams, all of which will race to the Finish Mat.

Probably won't happen, although I might reconsider the possibility of the above occurring, if we're lucky enough to get a 2-hr finale (with a single leg stretched out in the form of the AR 6-9 premieres).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »

:welcome2: to RFF turtlerun!! That is great news!! Thank you so much for sharing!! :hearts:

For the rest of you....decoys, remember??   :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
The World Exhibition in Shanghai is the "World's Fair" that has been held in a number of cities that TAR has visited over the years, beginning with TAR 1's finish at Flushing Meadows, New York City at the Uniglobe erected for the 1964-65 World's Fair (and site of the 1939 World'd Fair before that.)

(This is why I think Georgiapeach and I are surprised that TAR hasn't made it to Atlanta yet (as a start or end city as it hosted a World Fair in 1886 (Peidmont Park was the exact location) and the Centennial Olympic Games in 1996. (St. Louis also held a World Fair and the Olympics at the same time in 1904.)

-- theschnauzers

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
The World Exhibition in Shanghai is the "World's Fair" that has been held in a number of cities that TAR has visited over the years, beginning with TAR 1's finish at Flushing Meadows, New York City at the Uniglobe erected for the 1964-65 World's Fair (and site of the 1939 World'd Fair before that.)

(This is why I think Georgiapeach and I are surprised that TAR hasn't made it to Atlanta yet (as a start or end city as it hosted a World Fair in 1886 (Peidmont Park was the exact location) and the Centennial Olympic Games in 1996. (St. Louis also held a World Fair and the Olympics at the same time in 1904.)

Nable tooo dangrous or is me

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
Let's try to keep this thread for TIMELINE (what happens when and where) comments only please. Other comments can go to speculation, or discussion, or the location or contestant spoiler threads.

It helps if we all try to keep this for a lean working thread to figure out dates and sequences.

:ty3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
I updated woden's outdated thread. (See 2nd post.)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:14 AM »

Thank you for sharing this information. This helps us out. Do you think you can recognize the contestants? If you go to the topic "The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers", we have pictures of all the contestants on Page 1 of that topic.

Plaidmoon

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
Yay!  :yess: The teams are going to Shanghai! I've been there btw. Anyways, i just checked the amazing race 16 wikipedia page and if it hasn't been posted yet, it looks like the teams will be heading to THE SEYCHELLES.

Offline turtlerun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »
Ok. Here is the timeline. TAR6 contestants on UA858 from Pudong, China to San Francisco, CA on Dec. 20th, 2009. They were held up at the custom area due to large number of returning passengers from multiple aircrafts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
I updated woden's outdated thread. (See 2nd post.)
Good job! Thank you, I know woden is busy so its appreciated.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »
Ok. Here is the timeline. TAR6 contestants on UA858 from Pudong, China to San Francisco, CA on Dec. 20th, 2009. They were held up at the custom area due to large number of returning passengers from multiple aircrafts.

Thank you turtlerun!! We appreciate your sharing!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »
Been out of town for a week -- sorry for the delay on timeline updating. Think it's fully updated now, but just let me know if you think I've missed something.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:26 AM »
Neobie, I'm updating the timeline currently and trying to figure out the last several legs. Here are the sightings we have:

Dec 12: Phil spotted in Dubai en route to Malaysia
Dec 14: Team (boys) spotted en route from KL to Penang
Dec 15: Phil spotted in Penang International Airport McDonald's (apx 5:45pm)

So if teams are in Seychelles on 12/11, I think there's time for a KL leg on 12/12 and/or 12/13. Having trouble finding time for a second Shanghai leg, though. Our report of filming in Shanghai for 3-4 days is pretty typical for a single leg (including production set-up/tear-down time). Can you help?

Welcome back Woden!

I have Phil arriving in Kuala Lumpur on the 12th at 9.25pm, which suggests he films his stand-ups on the 13th and that the Malaysia leg takes place on the 14th. Phil leaving Penang on the 15th ties in well with a stand-up day in Singapore then, followed by the Singapore leg on the 16th.

Teams leave Shanghai at 1.45pm of the 20th. Even if Phil gets a day for himself in China on the 17th, we have the Shanghai leg taking place on the 18th, and too much downtime before leaving. Phil hasn't needed an extra day for stand-ups in the final city for the past few seasons, and Pit Stops have been cut short in the double legs in TAR 13 Moscow, TAR 14 Beijing and TAR 15 Prague. I believe that there is a second leg on the 19th (maybe/likely night of 18th), before the final departure on the 20th.

On a (tangentially) related note: we presume teams took UA 858 from Shanghai to San Francisco (1345-0825). This means they didn't manage to catch FM 827 (1000-1250) to Seoul, connecting to UA 892 to San Francisco (1505-0806), and that gives us a four-hour window in which teams could have been released from the penultimate Pit Stop.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:39:58 AM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »
Shanghai Elimination Pitstop took place on 12/19 and ran up until 8PM.

More info and PICS coming later today in spoilers. :)

Last flight has been confirmed by turtlerun. :yess:

Teams leave Shanghai at 1.45pm of the 20th. Even if Phil gets a day for himself in China on the 17th, we have the Shanghai leg taking place on the 18th, and too much downtime before leaving. Phil hasn't needed an extra day for stand-ups in the final city for the past few seasons, and Pit Stops have been cut short in the double legs in TAR 13 Moscow, TAR 14 Beijing and TAR 15 Prague. I believe that there is a second leg on the 19th (maybe/likely night of 18th), before the final departure on the 20th.

:winner  Neobie has it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
Bus Santiago to Bariloche 12/2, or points between

more here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.msg509099.html#msg509099
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:24:47 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2010, 01:54:28 AM »
I missed all the fun  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:16:11 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline turtlerun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2010, 03:39:30 AM »
Bummer. The Shanghai check in location was where i was staying (Pudong Shangri-la) on the 19th. I can usually see that area from my room since it faces the river. I missed it.  :'(

They must have set up that area during the afternoon since i was at the starbuck in the morning. Crap... how could I have missed it completely.