Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 363457 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #700 on: January 12, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
Peach's flight information is interesting. What I am about to say could have been placed in Speculation, but i put it here because of its tie to the discussion here. The difficulty of tracking where teams went between Asuncion and Penang can be readily explained if you look at
the route and flights and timing for a trip Asuncion:

ASU GRU  JJ8034    1800 2100 Dec. 8
GRU DXB  EK262     0125 2115 Dec. 9
DXB JIB   D3189     0300 0530 Dec. 10

This gives a total transit time of 29.5 hours but note that there are only 2 connections and they both occur late at night. The Djibouti leg if it happened would be leg 6.

I have a follow-on tracing the route that could have been used from Djibouti. We start with Peach's flight Dec. 11 1800 2100 JIB DXB, then
DXB KUL 0310 1405 Dec. 12
KUL PEN 1610 1700 Dec. 12

To go a step further, here are the timing implications for the rest of AR16:

Dec. 12/13 Penang leg 7
Dec. 14 or 15 PEN SIN - see a prior note of mine for the specific flight information departing around 7am connecting through Kuala Lumpur and arriving between 945am and 1020am
Dec. 15 Singapore leg 8
Dec. 16 pit stop commences
Dec. 17 fly Singapore to Shanghai - there are about 4 nonstops departing from 0055 to 1010 and arriving about 5 horus later.
Dec. 17/18 Shanghai leg 9
Dec. 18 start extended pit stop
Dec. 20 fly Shanghai to San Francisco

Not that this shows only 10 pit stops, so I believe that one location, probably Penang, has 2 legs to make the total 11 legs. The possibility of it being 12 legs is remote in my opinion.

Now, another problem is that not having any legs in Oceania or Europe means that only 4 continents were involved in AR16. I have no solution for that. as going out to Oceania and back would take time that isn't available and the same problem exists with having a stop in Europe prior to Africa.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »
My estimate is that there are 12 legs:
Leg 1 (USA-Chile) Leg 2 (Chile) Leg 3 (Chile-Argentina) Leg 4 (Argentina) Leg 5 (Argentina-Paraguay)
Leg 6 (Paraguay-Unknown) Leg 7 (Unknown-Djibouti) Leg 8 (Djibouti-Malaysia) Leg 9 (Malaysia)
Leg 10 (Malaysia-Singapore) Leg 11 (Singapore-China) Leg 12 (China-USA)
-To my guess there could be two legs in Bariloche, Argentina. Then they took a 20hr bus ride to Buenos Aires to fly to Asuncion.  Then after Paraguay, Leg 6 would probally take place in Africa or Europe.  Then after Djibouti, they would spent a leg in Kuala Lumpur, then Penang.  Sorry about this being speculation.  So we could still have 5 continents even though it would be one leg in Europe.  If Europe is not visited, 4 continents are still as long we got Africa and South America.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #702 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:16 AM »
Great work guys! :hearts: Awesome to finally have some new info, and the new season is just a month away! :jumpy: Great work, and I can't wait for this info. to be "confirmed"! :wohoo:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #703 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
What is the proof that they went to Asuncion?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #704 on: January 13, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
bah-ing. I am nothing more than a sheep.

http://twitter.com/diureticalorder

Good job everyone!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:51:12 PM by puddin »

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #705 on: January 13, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »
bah-ing. I am nothing more than a sheep.

http://twitter.com/diureticalorder

Good job everyone!!
She would have left Asuncion on PU706 which was scheduled to depart for Montevideo at 9:20am.

The crew that she saw (which she speculated was for Amazing Race) would have either been waiting for PZ713 from Sao Paulo which was due in at 10:10am or PZ702 from Buenos Aires which was due 10 minutes after that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #706 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »
Doesn't anyone else think setting up an account  quite a while before, saying bah-ing. I am nothing more than a sheep, and then posting ONLY a TAR "sighting" and then no more....is funny?? ???

Diuretical also translates as "pisser", :lolmao:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #707 on: January 13, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
Doesn't anyone else think setting up an account  quite a while before, saying bah-ing. I am nothing more than a sheep, and then posting ONLY a TAR "sighting" and then no more....is funny?? ???

I just enjoy speculating. You can hardly call it concrete proof.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #708 on: January 13, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
Your spec is great...I am just feeling rather suspicious minded lately...I have no evidence either way. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #709 on: January 14, 2010, 12:35:51 AM »
I'm hunting for inconsistencies here.

First: The last tweet in Asuncion was posted at 3:34am, which translates into 7.34am Paraguay time. (The timestamp's time zone was determined on the day of the postings, when it listed times as "X hours ago.") The arrival time in Montevideo is supposedly at 7.03am computer time, or 12.03pm Uruguay time. This fits well with PU 706, leaving Asuncion at 9.20am and scheduled to arrive at 12.05pm in Montevideo. However, the tweet "finally!!!! see you soon amigos uruguayos!!!!" was posted at 7.34am. What could the "finally" refer to, if the flight to Montevideo leaves two hours later?

Second: Amy posts that "my friend and i assumed the crew were expecting people from BA...that's where the ticket agent assumed i was going." The last flight to Buenos Aires left at 6.00am, and the next one isn't until 1.00pm. Is it normal for a ticket agent at the airport to assume someone was going to Buenos Aires if she arrives at 7am?

And just something I was wondering, why was Twitter on Mountain Time?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #710 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:04 AM »
Love you Neobie!! :hearts: 

All I have is a vibe :lol:

...and that in most international airports, even small ones...arrivals and departure halls are separated...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #711 on: January 14, 2010, 01:32:33 AM »
Nice Neobie bwhahaa

I just enjoy speculating. You can hardly call it concrete proof.
Then take it to speculation.
I think this thread has served its purpose :lock