Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106703 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting question. Phil came out into the field for seasons 5,6, and 15. Andre/Damon got the clue de grace in season 3. That's all I remember.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting question. Phil came out into the field for seasons 5,6, and 15. Andre/Damon got the clue de grace in season 3. That's all I remember.
The Grannies in S2 at the Prison, too
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
How many seasons has it been since we've actually seen a pity clue sending the eliminated team to the pit stop?
What Slowhatch said in addition to TAR 10 Peter & Sarah and TAR 2 Shola & Doyin also getting a pity clue. Toni & Dallas got eliminated by Phil coming to them as well. And the grannies like Dan said.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Remember this post from way back in August?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18840.msg440533.html#msg440533

The time was about 7:30 am Prague time when I saw the activity on the Charles Bridge which fits with the timing of the second Prague leg.
IMHO the bridge is too iconic to pass up on a TAR visit to Prague - I think the pit stop is somewhere on the bridge or near the bridge that I couldn't see from the webcam.
Either that or the crane was used to film some of the Golum detour which was along the river from the bridge
not to burst your bubble wp but there is ongoing repairing of the bridge and there is one crane NOT that the Bridge would not be an excellent choice for the pitstop  :kuss:

Damn - Charles Bridge - in direct view of the webcam there - I knew that crane was there for something. :'(

I should have stayed up all night recording it...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I was referring to the pity clue as we saw it tonight, not to situations where Phil went out to a team.

This just becomes something else we had in this season we hadn't seen before or in a long time (with the exception of the lost passport elimination).

-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
God we have some large time separation for all three remaining teams.

With Sunrise around 5:40am.

I would suspect that Meghan & Cheyne finish near 2:30am, Sam & Dan around 3- 3:30pm  unless the task was much longer.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I was referring to the pity clue as we saw it tonight, not to situations where Phil went out to a team.

This just becomes something else we had in this season we hadn't seen before or in a long time (with the exception of the lost passport elimination).

getting Guido'd...the Alaska clue.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Dave and Jeff, left behind in Hawaii. They got a phone call? I can't recall.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No, they got the mercy clue in Hawai'i.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
mswood, I am sure you meant 300am for Sam and Dan. My guess on finish times is earlier for both teams:

Cheyne/Meghan 1am
Dan/Sam 230am
Brian/Ericka 5am

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
My guess is Brian/Ericka didn't get in til after 6am:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
nvm
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
mswood, I am sure you meant 300am for Sam and Dan. My guess on finish times is earlier for both teams:

Cheyne/Meghan 1am
Dan/Sam 230am
Brian/Ericka 5am

Yeah I did mean am.

But with Sunrise being 5:40am then I think its safe to say that Brian & Ericka would be lucky to get 6:00am. 

We see several clocks, and I think (but I haven't reviewed) that at 1:30 Meghan & Cheyne are still performing the Detour.  Clearly Sam & Dan are at 2:00am, but I thought I also saw one showing 2:30 but it went really quick.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :jam:  ...and don't forget the U Fleku Brewery where they got the beers...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I meant to check this Friday and was sidetracked by TAR16 not that it matters  :lol:

Bonnie Hunt
Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Flight Time & Big Easy ("The Amazing Race")

Read more: http://www.bonniehunt.com/promos/tuesday_december_1_--_debi_maz.php#ixzz0YKcCNJtz

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

hint,

1. what time did FT/BE departed?
2. Find out how long would it take to reach the roadblock from the pit stop.
3. Add 6 hours (they took two and a half hours, plus the penalty)

You get the estimated time for Brian and Ericka's pit stop arrival (plus or minus)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member

hint,

1. what time did FT/BE departed?
2. Find out how long would it take to reach the roadblock from the pit stop.
3. Add 6 hours (they took two and a half hours, plus the penalty)

You get the estimated time for Brian and Ericka's pit stop arrival (plus or minus)

I don't really care that much, in fact I don't even remember what it looked like when they got to the pitstop, just that it was daylight. If it was daylight, it would have to be after a certain time-when the sun rose. Right? If you think about it, you don't need to do all of the other stuff, just figure out how long it took them to get from the road block to the pitstop and then add (at least) what time the sun rose. It's really not that difficult.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
I was laughing when I saw this last night.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think the CBS publicity about a game-changing penalty was bunk. The fact is that Brian/Ericka were already ahead of Flight Time and Big Easy when the latter team elected to take the penalty. The penalty did not impact anything except it made it certain that Flight time and Big Easy would be eliminated instead of just highly likely. The probability is that had Big Easy had continued and solved it in say another half an hour they would still never have been able to make up their time differential behind Brian and Ericka.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
It was a great episode, love the tasks and all but I didn't like the fact that Flight Time and Big Easy quit. I mean, I'm happy they're not in the final three 'cos they're the team I like the least out of the remaining teams, but it just made the rest of the leg so predictable. From that point onwards, we all knew that they were gonna be eliminated. I'd have preferred if they hadn't quit but still lost. Hmmm.

Brian doing the Roadblock's a little worrying for me, that'd mean that Ericka takes the final Roadblock and she isn't known to keep her cool........ Oh well.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ruth,

My understanding of the ROADBLOCK balance requirement is that teams can vary by more than 1 in the final ROADBLOCK tally even though I cannot tell you specifically what the number is. If I am correct, this means that Brian at 6-5 can take the finale ROADBLOCK if there is one. All teams are able to have complete flexibility. Meghan and Cheyne both have 5 due to their FAST FORWARD. Sam has 5 and Dan has 6, so they too can choose either one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
It is my understanding that no team member can do more than 6 RB's, finale or no. That is why it is so important that teams choose carefully who does what leading up to the finale.

I think Meghan and Cheyne are the only ones with flexibility, either of them can do it.

But Sam and Ericka  (to the best of my knowledge) will have to be our RBers, if there is a RB. As puddin pointed out, the season 13 finale did not have one.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ruth,

My understanding of the ROADBLOCK balance requirement is that teams can vary by more than 1 in the final ROADBLOCK tally even though I cannot tell you specifically what the number is. If I am correct, this means that Brian at 6-5 can take the finale ROADBLOCK if there is one. All teams are able to have complete flexibility. Meghan and Cheyne both have 5 due to their FAST FORWARD. Sam has 5 and Dan has 6, so they too can choose either one.

I think the tally went up to 7 in Season 10 only because there were 13 roadblocks during that season. The limit came back to 6 in Season 11 (as stated by Eric)
The story so far:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm having a hard time believing that the Kryocentrum was really at -180 Celsius (-292 Fahrenheit) or -160C if you believe the sign (-256 Fahrenheit). I'd expect that frostbite would be almost immediate at those temperatures. That's far colder than what they use to flash freeze food. I'd also expect it would extremely expensive to operate, probably involving liquid gases which would be dangerous/deadly if there was plumbing leaks. Additionally, just opening up the door to let them in would raise temperature dramatically as the perhaps 30 to 40 degree exterior air mixes with the -292 F air inside the chamber.

I did run one of the the Kryocentrum web pages http://www.kryocentrum.cz/index.php?s=kryoterapie-lecba-chladem#1 through the Google translator and it says they use temperatures of -110 C (-156 F) to -160 C - no mention of -180 C. If it is true, it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong about something like this, but I remain skeptical.

Plaidmoon