Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106702 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Episode 11, Which team stated the title? It starts with an "F"
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2009, 03:02:44 AM »
I think "F" is for Franz Kafka
Yes, it is and he's a Czech Jewish writer in the early 20th century and his birthplace is located in the Old Town district of Prague.  And read this info about him: http://www.grandhotelpraha.cz/en/franz-kafka-1/

And I do believe the pit stop for this episode will be in the Church of St. Nicholas, just a few meters away from his birthplace, and I know who gonna say the "F" word on this episode.  It's probably a phone operator whose giving a clue to a member of the team on a road block task, and it's not what we've thought about a censored word.  Geez, that's a close call. :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG!! 4 HOURS!! This is so Big Easy! He could not open the briefcase in Dubai, he sucks at puzzles!

ONE TEAM TAKES A FOUR-HOUR PENALTY WHEN UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE ROADBLOCK
, AND ANOTHER TEAM DODGES INTOXICATED  LOCALS WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COMPLETE A DETOUR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 29
ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"It Starts With an "F," That's All I'm Saying (Czech Republic)" — One team decides to take a four-hour penalty when they're unable to complete a Roadblock, and another team dodges intoxicated locals while trying to complete their Detour, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.

Wohoo!! Their Karma Bite them so bad!!  :hearts: :hearts:

Autowil, I know you won't agree with this but I think that if karma were at work in its usual Amazing Race way the team whose bad karma earns a fall is Sam/Dan. Since we know that doesn't happen, I guess karma took the day off.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Remember this post from way back in August?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18840.msg440533.html#msg440533

The time was about 7:30 am Prague time when I saw the activity on the Charles Bridge which fits with the timing of the second Prague leg.
IMHO the bridge is too iconic to pass up on a TAR visit to Prague - I think the pit stop is somewhere on the bridge or near the bridge that I couldn't see from the webcam.
Either that or the crane was used to film some of the Golum detour which was along the river from the bridge
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great thought WP!! I love this idea...Webcam fever! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want to follow a timeline approach to see where it leads to on departure time for flights Prague to the U.S. We start with the approximately 0915am (since the customs clearance should have been minimal) departure from Prague airport, which is about 6 miles west of downtown Prague.

I am going to guesstimate that it took 30 minutes for teams other than Brian/Ericka to get by taxi to Old Town Square during rush hour traffic. From there it took maybe 15 minutes to take a taxi to Troja. Completing the traverse of the wires would have been about 30 minutes for the slowest member of each team. Getting a taxi back to the Estates Theater would have been maybe 20 minutes. The ROADBLOCK could have taken maybe 60 minutes for the first team, 80 minutes for the second team and 120 minutes for the third team although we saw that Sam/Dan and Nate/Herb were very close in the time that they finished, so maybe 100 minutes for each one. Then it is 10 minutes on foot to Prague Castle and 5 minutes to find the pit stop. That would mean the pit stop arrival time of the first 3 teams is approximately:

Cheyne/Meghan 1135am
Sam/Dan 1215pm
Nate/Herb 1216pm

If we can assume a 12 hours pit stop teams with be released just before or after midnight starting Wed. Aug. 5. Depending on how long ep. 11 tasks are, they could finish by 2am and start a 36 hour extended pitstop. That would release them around 2pm the afternoon of Thursday Aug. 6. They could reach Prague Ruzyne airport before 3pm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Ericka Goddess boobage worship  :lol:  :yess:
Good job on the locations Dan and Chateau

<3 :funny:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
I want to follow a timeline approach to see where it leads to on departure time for flights Prague to the U.S. We start with the approximately 0915am (since the customs clearance should have been minimal) departure from Prague airport, which is about 6 miles west of downtown Prague.

I am going to guesstimate that it took 30 minutes for teams other than Brian/Ericka to get by taxi to Old Town Square during rush hour traffic. From there it took maybe 15 minutes to take a taxi to Troja. Completing the traverse of the wires would have been about 30 minutes for the slowest member of each team. Getting a taxi back to the Estates Theater would have been maybe 20 minutes. The ROADBLOCK could have taken maybe 60 minutes for the first team, 80 minutes for the second team and 120 minutes for the third team although we saw that Sam/Dan and Nate/Herb were very close in the time that they finished, so maybe 100 minutes for each one. Then it is 10 minutes on foot to Prague Castle and 5 minutes to find the pit stop. That would mean the pit stop arrival time of the first 3 teams is approximately:

Cheyne/Meghan 1135am
Sam/Dan 1215pm
Nate/Herb 1216pm

If we can assume a 12 hours pit stop teams with be released just before or after midnight starting Wed. Aug. 5. Depending on how long ep. 11 tasks are, they could finish by 2am and start a 36 hour extended pitstop. That would release them around 2pm the afternoon of Thursday Aug. 6. They could reach Prague Ruzyne airport before 3pm.

I see only one flaw in that logic... the assumed 12 hour Pit Stop.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Coutzy,

It does not matter which order pit stops are if one is 12 hours and the other 36 hours. You get 2 full days of pit stops no matter how they are ordered. The question is whether there was a non-standard pit stop. That is possible if WRP wants to give racers more time to get to Las Vegas. I believe that WRP does not want them to have more time. They are trying to force the Final 3 into their mold to travel together. There are various ways to accomplish that, but giving more pit stop time with a fixed arrival time in mind means a higher probability of identical travel plans.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cheyne/Meghan 1135am
Sam/Dan 1215pm
Nate/Herb 1216pm

You seem to have made some good assumptions, Skip, since your times match those calculated by Chateau d'If yesterday.  You are probably a little early on Meghan and Cheyne, though.

You also seem to have missed that the teams took a taxi from the theatre to the palace.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
No way could a team walk from Estates Theatre to Prague Castle in 10 minutes.  Roughly it is a distance of 5 miles and I don't think even the Globetrotters could walk that distance in 10 minutes. Even by taxi it might take longer than 10 minutes considering mid-day traffic and fact that a taxi could not take the shortest route across the Charles Bridge since the bridge is for pedestrians only.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ericka comes through!  :wohoo:

This shot was taken between 1:46 and 1:59 pm (assumes August 5th).

Chateau,

I'm a bit confused by the greenish line on this picture.  Erika's head is casting a shadow on Brian's chest meaning that the sun is coming from Erika's left and slightly behind her.  Is the greenish line perpendicular to the angle of the sun?

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's too bad that it looks like they only have to figure out the "Franz" part.  I wish that there were more of these Franz Kafka/Anton Chekhov types of tasks, and they should be even more difficult.  Anyone who's seen or heard of "Hans and Franz" from "Saturday Night Live" would probably end up getting it right.

If I had to pick a team that's aware of Franz Kafka enough to get the answer right on the first try, I would pick Sam & Dan.  If Sam & Dan don't know about Franz Kafka, then I don't believe that any of the racers know about him.  I would be surprised if these four teams combined were as knowledgeable about literature as a team like Mel & Mike or Tammy & Victor.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Remember this post from way back in August?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18840.msg440533.html#msg440533

The time was about 7:30 am Prague time when I saw the activity on the Charles Bridge which fits with the timing of the second Prague leg.
IMHO the bridge is too iconic to pass up on a TAR visit to Prague - I think the pit stop is somewhere on the bridge or near the bridge that I couldn't see from the webcam.
Either that or the crane was used to film some of the Golum detour which was along the river from the bridge
not to burst your bubble wp but there is ongoing repairing of the bridge and there is one crane NOT that the Bridge would not be an excellent choice for the pitstop  :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
personal photos thanks to GMan  :hugs: :tup:

thumbnails because they are huge!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
They are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing G-man  and thianks for fixing them to share puddin!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This one from G-man was where Brian & Ericka abandoned the bus.

Note that I already flipped it since it was shot through a rear-view mirror.   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Ericka comes through!  :wohoo:

This shot was taken between 1:46 and 1:59 pm (assumes August 5th).

Chateau,

I'm a bit confused by the greenish line on this picture.  Erika's head is casting a shadow on Brian's chest meaning that the sun is coming from Erika's left and slightly behind her.  Is the greenish line perpendicular to the angle of the sun?

Yes, that's what it is trying to be!  The perp to the greenish line goes to  the sun and gives Solar altitude.  I found five five lines in the shot that tell the time.  Four point to the sun.  And one is perpendicular to the sun. It's the one I like the most.  ;)

Bear in mind that the camera was tilted by 2 degrees for the shot.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
This one from G-man was where Brian & Ericka abandoned the bus.

Note that I already flipped it since it was shot through a rear-view mirror.   :lol:
Thats pretty cool Chateau! Nice!

and this really does belong here many thanks to Racefan82

Somebody help!

This is my first time posting on this site and I have pics of teams in Vegas!  Wish it hadn't taken me so long to post this, but I haven't had internet access until today.  Just read some of the more recent posts and Im hoping this will shed some light into who our F3 might be.  Was in Vegas over the weekend and a dream of mine came true, got to see the Amazing Race in action! I was on a balcony and below me, two teams came running by.  Both teams looked lost like they were at the wrong place, since they ran down the street right after.  Didn't see a third team, they could have come before I got there or went to a different spot. Tried to snap the best pictures I could.  But to figure out the time issue, this was in the early afternoon, as I had just finished up with lunch at the buffet. So this would totally fit into the flight times being discussed.  So this could confirm two of the F3. I definitely saw the guys in green with pink hair and the Globetrotter team.

Have pics, but this will only allow me to upload 256k.  How do I shrink them to put on this site?

Nice work so far everyone!

eta the photos:

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
Well, since you posted these pictures. I have a quick question. In Season 5, weren't they forced to check in their baggage, leading to Chip and Kim being first in the final leg(as they got to the flight that could leave earlier)?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Racefans pics are in Vegas right? Next episode? ???  Not Prague....

:iok
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Well, since you posted these pictures. I have a quick question. In Season 5, weren't they forced to check in their baggage, leading to Chip and Kim being first in the final leg(as they got to the flight that could leave earlier)?

Since the sightings were at about the same time in the same place (Gary & Matt too) it's a good bet that Nate & Herb are doing the same thing Gary & Matt are doing:  running decoy

We don't even need the extra nail provided by the checked bag strip.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  Just to tie up a few loose ends... weren't there some talk/sightings/speculation about some "mega" giant stadium in Prague, previously in some speculation thread.  Not sure it fits in with these night tasks.  Maybe just a false sighting.  Carry on.   ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I don't recall Boingo ???

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:07:42 PM by puddin »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So the red X means wrong.  F-A-R-N-Z.  Ha ha ha ha — NO!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hmmm.  Do you suppose that a team that gets enough XXXX is forced to quit the Roadblock?