Author Topic: TAR15 EP11: "It Starts With an “F”, That’s All I’m Saying" (Czech Republic)  (Read 106683 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
It makes perfect sense that the RB would lead them to the detour.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode 11, Which team stated the title? It starts with an "F"
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2009, 02:19:56 PM »
Who wants to bet that they're going to be U-turned?

Caelestor,
That may happen but it is not a major contributor to the time gap Brian/Ericka have to overcome.  A U-turn usually costs about 30 minutes. Brian/Ericka have that much to make up in their Speedbump. However, they will start about one hour or more behind Flight Time/Big Easy. It is that time differential on finishing Ep. 10 (replicated in the pit stop release for ep. 11) that is critical and must be overcome for Brian/Ericka to overtake Flight Time/BigEasy, which we know is almost certain to happen.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Whoever quits the RB, I'm assuming isn't the person who hears the title clue spoken.

With 5 letters there are 120 different possible words.  But if you know the first letter, there are only 24 combinations of the remaining 4 letters.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: Episode 11, Which team stated the title? It starts with an "F"
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
Who wants to bet that they're going to be U-turned?

Caelestor,
That may happen but it is not a major contributor to the time gap Brian/Ericka have to overcome.  A U-turn usually costs about 30 minutes. Brian/Ericka have that much to make up in their Speedbump. However, they will start about one hour or more behind Flight Time/Big Easy. It is that time differential on finishing Ep. 10 (replicated in the pit stop release for ep. 11) that is critical and must be overcome for Brian/Ericka to overtake Flight Time/BigEasy, which we know is almost certain to happen.

Well, now we know that a team is going to lose 4 hours because of the roadblock... I wonder who...  :colealert:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Keep in mind that unless the rule has changed from season seven, its four hours after the next team arrives at the roadblock.

So if the Trotter involved quits the roadblock (assuming the spoiler info is correct that the Trotters are the last eliminated team) before another team arrives, then that additional waiting time is in addition to the 4 hours.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Meghan & Cheyene had a confessional early in last night's episode.  The background in that confessional did not look familiar.  Will someone please post a vidcap from that confessional.  If it is a new confessional location for this crew, it might provide us info for the next PitStop.

My impression while watching that confessional is that Meghan & Cheyene are in the Final 3 ... not surprising to anyone.

The only one I saw in the first 10-12 minutes was this one which I think is from the bog, is this the one you meant?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Dang it! I was hoping they wouldn't give things away this week! :groan: :groan: :groan:

It definitely explains the editing significance of the Roadblock in Leg 6. :res:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:17:10 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Meghan & Cheyene had a confessional early in last night's episode.  The background in that confessional did not look familiar.  Will someone please post a vidcap from that confessional.  If it is a new confessional location for this crew, it might provide us info for the next PitStop.

My impression while watching that confessional is that Meghan & Cheyene are in the Final 3 ... not surprising to anyone.

The only one I saw in the first 10-12 minutes was this one which I think is from the bog, is this the one you meant?

Thanks peach.  That is the vidcap for which I was looking.  It is easy to volleyball bog on Meghan's chest and know that it was after the last episode.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This shot

was taken here:

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This shot
was taken here:

I spent hours looking for this before I found it - I can't believe you beat me!
Long way from the M1 bar! Do they make them carry the drinks on the tram????
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
Since it is quite clear that the telephone task is a Roadblock, I start to wonder how a team would give up in this task and take a 4-hour penalty.

Would it be the case similar to TAR13 2nd Moscow leg that if a team could not solve the clue correctly, they need to wait for some time, say 10 minutes, before they could have a 2nd try? If so, it only takes 24 wrong trials to make a team lose 4 hours, and this makes the decision of quitting the task reasonable.

Nonetheless, it is highly unlikely that a team could overcome this penalty in a F4 leg. I guess in last season even Tammy/Victor did not have a 4-hour lead on Jen/Kisha in the 2nd Beijing leg?

Besides, do you think we will see a U-turn this leg? I know there was an un-aired one earlier this season, but there should be at least 2 U-turns in one season right?

I hope the next leg will be as long as the one in last season, where teams raced from night till noon!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Nice job Dan.  I was hunting too.  So here is the other place.  Not far away  :tup:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
The distance is not too bad:  0.6 miles plus what we would know about

In season 10, teams were expected to haul paintings through the streets of Paris along a distance of over 1.5 miles.   :groan:

Nobody did it though.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Let me just put my two euro cents worth of information

1. Let's just assume that the roadblock is at the start or close to the start of the leg. In this case, assuming Brian and Ericka are 30-1 hour behind at the pit stop, they will now have an estimated 4-5 hour lead over the team that takes the penalty, giving them a lot of time (hopefully they use it)

2. Or the roadblock is after the detour. In that case, Brian and Ericka are also safe, as they can make up the 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minute time that they have left behind (or maybe even minutes like Gary and Matt) and thus are safe from elimination

Either way the team that takes the 4-hour pen is toast.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
OMG!! 4 HOURS!! This is so Big Easy! He could not open the briefcase in Dubai, he sucks at puzzles!

ONE TEAM TAKES A FOUR-HOUR PENALTY WHEN UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE ROADBLOCK
, AND ANOTHER TEAM DODGES INTOXICATED  LOCALS WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COMPLETE A DETOUR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 29
ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"It Starts With an "F," That's All I'm Saying (Czech Republic)" — One team decides to take a four-hour penalty when they're unable to complete a Roadblock, and another team dodges intoxicated locals while trying to complete their Detour, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.

Wohoo!! Their Karma Bite them so bad!!  :hearts: :hearts:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
God Jobs guys!!

Thanks Puddin for the video..

So the wine is part of another detour since the press release mention is a detour..

Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This shot was taken between 12:08 and 12:22 pm (assumes August 5th).

In Summary:

Meghan & Cheyne  12:01 +- 7 min
Sam & Dan  12:15 +- 7 min
Nate & Herb  12:17 +- 7 min

I'm working on Brian & Ericka ... finally, some sunshine!  brb
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:59:19 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Ericka comes through!  :wohoo:

This shot was taken between 1:46 and 1:59 pm (assumes August 5th).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Looks like Flight Time or Big Easy (more likely Big Easy) decides to skip the Roadblock and they're gone as a result.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:thankyou: for all the times Chateau!! And great job on all the locations guys!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ericka Goddess boobage worship  :lol:  :yess:
Good job on the locations Dan and Chateau

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nice job Dan.  I was hunting too.  So here is the other place.  Not far away  :tup:

I actually recognized that street right away because I've gone there about 10 times in the last two years :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Is that the Charles bridge behind the Golems? Strelecky island has a "beach" of sorts at the northern end (seen here), but I can't quite match up the viewpoints.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member

Nonetheless, it is highly unlikely that a team could overcome this penalty in a F4 leg. I guess in last season even Tammy/Victor did not have a 4-hour lead on Jen/Kisha in the 2nd Beijing leg?

I hope the next leg will be as long as the one in last season, where teams raced from night till noon!

To answer this question: All final four teams were released at same time to look for the gnomes. We were told to get up at like 4am - that's when the shops opened. I assumed that they wanted us to start race early in morning so that way it would look like we kept racing overnight into daylight but we didn't tho. We had like 5 hours of rest time.

But that leg WAS so long!!  We all started at 4am. Tammy & Victor checked in pit stop at 10am. My mom and I checked in at noon. Jaime & Cara and Kisha & Jen checked in at 2ish in the afternoon.

*fingers crosses* for U-Turn!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
I can't believe that the Globetrotters will bite the dust due to a 4-hour penalty.

For once, I hope all this great spoiler-work is incorrect, and that it is not them who are eliminated in this leg.

My original thought was that there was a U-Turn in this leg, and that would cost them...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥