Author Topic: "Survivor" "Amazing Race" to become video games  (Read 4878 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
"Survivor" "Amazing Race" to become video games
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
CBS Consumer Products announced that six TV shows will get video game treatment within the next year: "Survivor," "The Amazing Race," "Criminal Minds," "Diagnosis Murder," "Ghost Whisperer" and "Hollywood Squares."

"Diagnosis Murder" ... really? It's been off the air since 2001. Is this for retirement-home-based PC gamers, perhaps? Why not "Murder She Wrote" on Wii? Or an edition of "Rock Band" with "Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman"?

There's been plenty of fine videogames based on movies ("Star Wars," "GoldenEye," "LOTR"...). But has their ever been a great one based off a TV show? I'm not saying their has not been. I just can't think of one and I'm honestly curious. Because it seems to me that since TV shows are less male-teen targeted and have less costly action than their more expensive Hollywood counterparts that the finances and creative would combine to inherently make it a low-end product. So why ever buy one?

Details from the release:

The Amazing Race (Ludia Inc.)
Get ready for around-the-world competition with the video game based on the eight-time Emmy® award-winning television series The Amazing Race where team players split up in pairs for a remarkable journey across exotic locations in a race against time. Players will face frantic challenges and tasks as they navigate through detours, roadblocks and other unpredictable game elements from the show. Working together strategically throughout the game is essential as each team tries to discover hidden clues that are crucial to getting them to the Pit Stop first -- and one step closer to ultimate victory at the check-in mat. This video game will be launched throughout North America across multiple platforms in tandem with the show's 16th season.

Survivor (Mindscape)
This game is perfect for any fan of the show Survivor. Players will be able to live like the contestants on Survivor. With challenges such as fishing, collecting food and participating in Immunity challenges, players will compete to outwit, outlast and outplay in order to be crowned the ultimate sole Survivor. Available on Wii  Nintendo DS platforms.

source: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/survivor-race-criminal-minds-becoming-video-games.html

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: "Survivor" "Amazing Race" to become video games
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Yes! So excited for this! Thanks TheCinera!
 :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
Always good to see you Cinera  :kuss:

Offline supergoten

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Tengaged
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »
Wow, I love all the shows listed there, lol. I hope some of these games are released for the Nintendo DS.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
Wow, I love all the shows listed there, lol. I hope some of these games are released for the Nintendo DS.
Wii!
:lol:

Offline supergoten

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Tengaged
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 11:34:10 AM »
I don't have a wii, i love handheld games  :lol:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »
Only in North America?  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:33 AM »
Buy it online and that may only be the USA release date
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 04:56:52 AM »
GosH! I hope I get my hands to the TAR Game! (Will the TAR 16 Teams play it too as a task? :lol3)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D