Author Topic: Episodes 7 play by play *please read the rules!*  (Read 79163 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Episodes 7 play by play *please read the rules!*
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
Maybe this leg was meant to be the NEL and CBS did not change the press release or did not get the notice  :lol: ? How could Phil tell Tiff and Maria that they were saved by a NEL after they quit?  :colors

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
Maybe this leg was meant to be the NEL and CBS did not change the press release or did not get the notice  :lol: ? How could Phil tell Tiff and Maria that they were saved by a NEL after they quit?  :colors

Oh well.. Think the press release is wrong.. Let wait and see next week..
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »
Yes the tried (and props to them for that) but others have also done tasks and not been able to complete them and proceed to either never give up or make their way to the Pit Stop and face either elimination or a penalty from hell.

But in competition you don't quit.  I would respect them more to walk to the Pit Stop and face the Philinator.

To Quote the Family Edition, quiters never win, and winners never quit.  Even when you are the losers, you still are winners.
Agree.. I dun mind they keep trying like Lena and Phil come over and said you girls can stop it..

Is better that way than quitting..  :groan:
but these cases are very different. In LK's case there was still the possibility to find a clue. in MT's case the wind was making it impossible to sink the ball in.
But you still don't just say I want to quit the race, even Mika & Canaan didn't do that.  You go to Phil and take your lumps.  That could be elimination (most likely) or it could be a horrendous penalty (that would still most likely cause your elimination) but you don't just quit the show.

How would they find the pit stop?  They would have to finish the detour, to get the clue to the Pit Stop. But lots of "dangling participles" in this episode.  Are M/T really eliminated? They definitely said they wanted to quit, but are they elminated? Do we get a surprise explanation at the start of the next episode?

In TAR1, Momily got a 24 your penalty for using incorrct transportation in the middle of a detour. Yet in TAR15, B/E get only a 30 minute penalty for using incorrect transportation in the middle of a detour.

Certainly will be fun to see what happens next week.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:42:47 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
My recollection is that when Marshall/Lance quit the roadblock in TAR 5 because of Marshall's injury, Phil never actually told them they were eliminated, rather he came to where they were at the roadblock task, and they confirmed to Phil that they wanted to quit the Race.

Except for the fact that this was a detour, this was essentially what Phil did with Maria/Tiffany. They thus become only the second team not to complete a detour.

The gals would have been eliminated anyway for not completing the detour, and one level it doesn't matter whether it was a 2 hour, 4 hour, or 24 hour penalty.  All the other teams has checked in, and they were going to be eliminated.

Otherwise, this was an immensely entertaining leg.

I suspect the press release is off a week.  It makes complete sense to me that the NEL would be next week, because of the history of the hay bale task. And an NEL in Sweden would fit the TAR detectives' findings about the ferry on the following leg.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:49:07 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »
Well others have done it (Hayden and Aaron quit their task and were directed to the Pit Stop), so they should be able to get there.  Hell Mika & Canaan didn't finish the task and I assume they were either directed to the Pit Stop or just took the clue.

Or you do like other teams Kellie & Jamie who weren't able to light the target on fire with the flaming arrows, so they tried and kept trying (and eventually had no hope she couldn't even pull the Bow properly) until Phil showed up and told them they were eliminated.

Peter & Sarah never quit (boy were they lost) and production had to direct them to a location so Phil could eliminate them.

But you don't just say I want to quit. Because thats what happened (at least by footage)  They want to quit, they tell production, Phil comes to them to confirm and they are gone.

It's different.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
Well others have done it (Hayden and Aaron quit their task and were directed to the Pit Stop), so they should be able to get there.  Hell Mika & Canaan didn't finish the task and I assume they were either directed to the Pit Stop or just took the clue.

Or you do like other teams Kellie & Jamie who weren't able to light the target on fire with the flaming arrows, so they tried and kept trying (and eventually had no hope she couldn't even pull the Bow properly) until Phil showed up and told them they were eliminated.

Peter & Sarah never quit (boy were they lost) and production had to direct them to a location so Phil could eliminate them.

But you don't just say I want to quit. Because thats what happened (at least by footage)  They want to quit, they tell production, Phil comes to them to confirm and they are gone.

It's different.
I just think that quitting this way doesn't make them any less worthy.  I still respect them as racers :)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
They suck, get over it.  I am kidding.  I like they they did try as much as they did, just wish they would have not called to quit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
I can't believe we're down to 5 remaining teams only... that's FAST?!?!!

We also had 5 teams by Leg 8 in Season 14....  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
I just wanna say my two cents...

In this history of the Amazing Race where Phil comes over to a team (Toni/Dallas, Marshall/Lance, Lena/Kristy) There had never been an instance that they were spared because they couldn't complete the task. Thus, with assumption, EVEN THOUGH IT HURTS FREAKIN' MUCH...

Maria and Tiffany have been eliminated from the Race. (At least they didn't get to hear Phil's line: You are the last team to arrive...)

And if this leg could be a NEL, Maria and Tiffany could just have been sent at the Pit Stop instead of Phil going over to the Detour site.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »
I just wanna say my two cents...

In this history of the Amazing Race where Phil comes over to a team (Toni/Dallas, Marshall/Lance, Lena/Kristy) There had never been an instance that they were spared because they couldn't complete the task. Thus, with assumption, EVEN THOUGH IT HURTS FREAKIN' MUCH...

Maria and Tiffany have been eliminated from the Race. (At least they didn't get to hear Phil's line: You are the last team to arrive...)

And if this leg could be a NEL, Maria and Tiffany could just have been sent at the Pit Stop instead of Phil going over to the Detour site.

Well no, that would be unfair to the other teams; if they're not being eliminated, they should still have to either complete the task(s) or get a penalty. If they got a truncated leg, were spared elimination, and managed to make a flight to keep them in contention, when they wouldn't have made it otherwise, I'd be pissed if I were eliminated that leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »

No. If you quit, you quit.

If they had gone to the Pitstop to say we will take our penalty...IF it was a NEL, possible they would be spared....although VERY doubtful.

But if you quit, you will not be NEL'd.

But it appears NEL will be next week not this, so perhaps the NEL thing was our mistake.  Or TPTB made a quick change to meet the circumstances.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
Perhaps the "speed bump" in the press release is really the new "Switchback."

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2009, 09:46:47 PM »
But it appears NEL will be next week not this, so perhaps the NEL thing was our mistake.  Or TPTB made a quick change to meet the circumstances.

I'm going to assume it's TPTB and their decision. I thought that the NEL was going to be this leg, as I was trusting the CBS press release. Five teams in Sweden and five teams in Estonia means that I'm going to bet the farm that a NEL's coming up next week. Anyone care to bet against that?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »
WOW. This season just gets more and more tricky!

I think that this leg was meant to be the non-elimination leg, but because Maria & Tiffany quit the race, they were eliminated. Anyone who thinks they are still in the race is hoping against hope. It's possible there was a last-minute Speed Bump change, or perhaps Brian & Ericka will be counted as the non-eliminated team, and have to do the Speed Bump. In any case, I think some clarification will come next week IF this was supposed to be the non-elim.

If it is the non-elim, then one of my dreams has come true. I have always been hoping to see a team quit on a non-elim, because I wandered how the production would handle it. I guess we'll see if that's the case this time.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »
I have lots of thoughts going in my head right now, mainly that I'm ONCE again doomed to liking sequester vids more than the actual eppys :funny:, but here's how I see it:

1. If the girls go on with it, they'd probably be there for a long time. Plus, Maria & Tiffany were shivering so they probably physically couldn't go on with it.
2. If the girls quit the Detour, might as well get eliminated then & there 'cause if it is a NEL, they can 99.9% NOT make up a 24-hour penalty.

So either way, they're on the losing stick either way. So sad... *will now start to go back in alternate TAR universe he came from*
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »
Gender discrimination Detour?

OMG the thought went through my head too! :funny:

Other thoughts:
1) HAYBALES!!! Please let the clue hidden in the hay be a picture of Lena/Kristy. :funny:
2) Mika now scared herself a chance at the Final Five. :lol:
3) What does blowing things up have anything to do with Sweden? :funny:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:30:06 PM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »

No. If you quit, you quit.

If they had gone to the Pitstop to say we will take our penalty...IF it was a NEL, possible they would be spared....although VERY doubtful.

But if you quit, you will not be NEL'd.

Everyone, here and at Sucks assumed this leg was a NEL. No one thought that they would quit... XD

Oh yeah for the record, this season had...

1 Team who quit the cast because of the bull**** twist (Eric and Lisa)
1 Team quitting because of their passports/documents missing (Zev and Justin)
2 Teams who quit because of the tasks (Mika; Maria and Tiffany)
---
OMG. I think they beat TARA3's quit fest with the most number of reasons why teams quit. Ack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2009, 11:28:44 PM »
Gender discrimination Detour?

OMG the thought went through my head too! :funny:

Other thoughts:
1) HAYBALES!!! Please let the clue hidden in the hay be a picture of Lena/Kristy. :funny:2) Mika now scared herself a chance at the Final Five. :lol:
3) What does blowing things up have anything to do with Sweden? :funny:

Reminded me of the gender discrimination Roadblock Tian and Jaree had to go through.

The most maddening thing of all is that what is the point of hitting the bell thing all the way to the top before you can dance? That's just plain bulls**t. It's so random and pointless.

And they're hardly in last.. they were in fourth and could have completed the leg in fourth place.. but thanks to the gender discrimination Detour, they had to be eliminated and FORCED to quit because they seriously cannot do either tasks.. and now have people breathing down their neck that they're quitters and see them in the league of Marshall and Lance. I think this is SO UNFAIR for them because we don't even know the true story yet... (:;)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »

Everyone, here and at Sucks assumed this leg was a NEL. No one thought that they would quit... XD

---
OMG. I think they beat TARA3's quit fest with the most number of reasons why teams quit. Ack!

Technically, Zev & Justin didn't quit. They already knew they were last and checked in to get eliminated. And Mika didn't quit, either. They were hoping they could just get a penalty and survive on a non-elim. I don't count quitting one task as quitting the entire race.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2009, 11:30:30 PM »
For the record, the poker girls did not quit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
For the record, they did not quit .

THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

THE HYPOTHERMIA THING: Between the dinger and golf challenge we spent over THREE HOURS attempting both challenges, in soaking wet clothing, in stormy, windy, freezing weather giving our best efforts between the two! At one point, on our second attempt at the golf field EMT’s had to come out to the field and take me off because they were worried I was getting hypothermia. You’ll notice that towards the end of the episode I’m wearing a gray, long sleeve which they made me wear if I was to continue the golf challenge even though the Detour rules stated that teams could only do it in the provided farmer long johns!  The EMT’s assessed my condition and felt that continuing in the given weather conditions could be a hazardous to my health, therefore production had to make a medical exception because I was so soaked to the bone and uncontrollably shaking.  CRAZY!

THANKS FOR SHARING PUDDIN. THAT EXPLAINS IT. MY GIRLS DIDN'T QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »
Maria and Tiffany tried their best the whole race .  Their arms giving out after what...71 tries?? Is hardly giving up.

And I would NEVER lump them in with Marshal and Lance...one of my least favorite teams ever.

One one of those teams quit the race.

Lisa and Eric were eliminated, and THEN chose to withdraw from any further TAR involvement...they did not quit the race...they were eliminated.

Zev and Justin were eliminated because of their loss of the passport>> they definitel under NO circumstances quit.

Mika quit a task>>which led to their elimination. They did not quit the race.

Tiffany and Maria DID quit took a 24 hour penalty...in the face of two tasks they could physically not complete. I'm cutting them some slack. :hugs:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:55:51 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: November 01, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Thanks for clearing it up, puddin!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2009, 11:41:45 PM »
Oh YAY! for that...didn't see it before my post but yes...exactly!! WISH the show had shown it that way...it makes a HUGE difference!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »
Tiffany and Maria DID quit...in the face of two tasks they could physically not complete. I'm cutting them some slack. :hugs:

Well, now we know that they didn't quit.  They took the penalty and were eliminated.

Bert needs to start being more honest...and stop putting in gender-biased tasks.