Author Topic: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)  (Read 112343 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »
I think there are two people there. that's why I was thinking it could be a team, but could certainly be random Estonian swamp volleyballers instead.

Still wonder where M/C fit into this...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »
Meghan and Cheyne could finish first for all we know? Meghan has proved shes as strong as the men. Glad I'm not playing for game points  :neener:

Offline zetapsi75

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2009, 01:51:16 AM »
Zeta Psi here, long team reader, first time poster. What I caught and I dont think was mentioned is that the 'Trotters probably finished before the Brothers, cuz if you notice, They took the time to put their clothes back on, whereas the brothers once they finished started darting towards the the next leg, and that made the trotters chase after them.  My guess, which was stated before, is that Meghan and Cheyne finish first. And Brian and Ericka do the non-physical challenge, along with Matt and his dad. But I have to imagine that speed bump hurts the father son enough to push them out. But man if they put the U-Turn in this leg, then I have no idea what's going to happen.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2009, 02:23:32 AM »
Zeta Psi here, long team reader, first time poster. What I caught and I dont think was mentioned is that the 'Trotters probably finished before the Brothers, cuz if you notice, They took the time to put their clothes back on, whereas the brothers once they finished started darting towards the the next leg, and that made the trotters chase after them.  My guess, which was stated before, is that Meghan and Cheyne finish first. And Brian and Ericka do the non-physical challenge, along with Matt and his dad. But I have to imagine that speed bump hurts the father son enough to push them out. But man if they put the U-Turn in this leg, then I have no idea what's going to happen.

Makes sense... welcome to RFF

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2009, 06:35:44 AM »
"One team gets a penalty for the first time ever on The Amazing Race for physically impeding the progress of another team..."
Could this make FT & BE have a penalty and Gary & Matt pass them in the PitStop while they are still waiting? Wasn't it supposed that Gary & Matt were seen in Viena (still racing, not decoys) ?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:13 AM »
She doesn't look like no stinkin racer to me peach, its for sure not Meghan or Ericka  :lol:  I don't think its Brian either and Fo sure not the Globetrotters  :lol:

heres another person with a camera shooting past Sam

When playing volleyball you need linesmen, someone who judges if the ball is in or out.

My $0.02.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »
There are two people in that shot...heading past the mudpit.

I do agree that the other detour has to be very nearby, so always possible another (non-mud) team could come by as well??

I have no idea if it is a team, or production, or random Estonian volleyballers.

But if the PitStop IS the Watchtower, they may be heading that way...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:42 AM »
Estonia!  :hearts:

Speedbump!  :hearts:

Volleybelles and Volleyboys!  :hearts:

Sam & Dam vs. Flight Time & Big Easy  :'(

I have a good sense Im gonna like this leg!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
Meghan and Cheyne could finish first for all we know? Meghan has proved shes as strong as the men. Glad I'm not playing for game points  :neener:

I thought i saw Meghan and Cheyne in it when Sam and Dan left?? Hmmmz Haha  :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »

Hope some one use U Turn on Trotters.. And Trotter Bye Bye..  :neener: :neener:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2009, 08:30:13 AM »

Hope some one use U Turn on Trotters.. And Trotter Bye Bye..  :neener: :neener:

(:;) Don't hate on my Basketballers!  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
heres the Prague spoiler, we have nothing to back it up and theres always that chance Gary and Matt were used at decoys

notes:
graytex
Haven't seen this here, but Masem at TWOP posted this:

Part of an addition to the TAR 15 article on Wikipedia that I had to remove due to lack of sourcing, but provided by user Awilmot there:
"On Wednesday August 5th, I have just seen 2 teams at Prague Castle, which was their pit stop. One pretty team (guy and girl in blue) and one all guy team (one with dyed hair)."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »

I thought i saw Meghan and Cheyne in it when Sam and Dan left?? Hmmmz Haha  :funny: :funny:
Look again! Its not Meghan and Cheyne  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2009, 11:47:12 AM »
Just speculating....

IF the Trotter/Bro's collision was possibly determined to be deliberate, AND there was an assessed time penalty...perhaps that would be enough to knock the Trotters into last place. ???

Would REALLY hate them to go that way though...I'd rather think of them as doing well!

SO many little mysteries......

U-Turn? Penalties??  The other Detour?? :funny:

I like it!! :hearts:

My problem is at this stage of the game, I really don't want ANYONE to go!  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline zetapsi75

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
The more and more i think about this, it's gotta be the 'Trotters getting the exit this week. I think they've been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch. But it doesn't look good.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
"One team gets a penalty for the first time ever on The Amazing Race for physically impeding the progress of another team..."
Could this make FT & BE have a penalty and Gary & Matt pass them in the PitStop while they are still waiting? Wasn't it supposed that Gary & Matt were seen in Viena (still racing, not decoys) ?

That quote about the penality is NOT a CBS quote, it was from another poster I believe, saying that if there was a penalty that would be the press release we would have seen.  As far as I know, CBS has not released anything regarding a penalty.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »
The more and more i think about this, it's gotta be the 'Trotters getting the exit this week. I think they've been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch. But it doesn't look good.

Well...I think you have a 50% chance of being right! :lol:

And :welcome: to RFF zetapsi! :waves:

Thanks littlewop, I know it isn't anything but specualtion right now...just an idea.

The trotters and the Bro's could be running to a U-Turn, the Pitstop (most likely IMO), or off to lunch! :lol3:  :colealert:

The fun is trying to puzzle it out.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:40:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »

What about the confessional?

What Dan and Sam wear and in this confessional from EP8 Sam says "the globetrotters are definitely our rivals at this point ..they are the other all male team, they're very athletic they do pose a huge threat to us"

eta:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »
So many what ifs this week. 
One point to remember is that there is no love lost between the brothers and the trotters.  After the alleged taxi fiasco prior to the mud volleyball, they could be all out racing each other simply because they don't like each other.
My 2 cents in regards to a U-turn.  Would TPTB really put a u-turn right before a pit stop?  Isn't it usually in the middle, so the team u-turned at least has a chance to catch back up? 
Plus I think if there was a u-turn, and since we "think" Meg/Cheyne may be in 1st place, they would be the ones to u-turn the trotters.  They want them gone as much as Dan/Sam, and I can see M/C being confident in beating D/S in the end. 
And doesn't CBS usually like to hype the u-turns?
My gut is still saying NO u-turn this week.

Hopefully we get some new promos today...I don't want to wait until tomorrow night for some of these answers!!!

:duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
So many what ifs this week. 
One point to remember is that there is no love lost between the brothers and the trotters.  After the alleged taxi fiasco prior to the mud volleyball, they could be all out racing each other simply because they don't like each other.
My 2 cents in regards to a U-turn.  Would TPTB really put a u-turn right before a pit stop?  Isn't it usually in the middle, so the team u-turned at least has a chance to catch back up? 
Plus I think if there was a u-turn, and since we "think" Meg/Cheyne may be in 1st place, they would be the ones to u-turn the trotters.  They want them gone as much as Dan/Sam, and I can see M/C being confident in beating D/S in the end. 
And doesn't CBS usually like to hype the u-turns?
My gut is still saying NO u-turn this week.

Hopefully we get some new promos today...I don't want to wait until tomorrow night for some of these answers!!!

:duno:

No they wouldn't, its someones speculation, we have no proof that there is a U-Turn at the pitstop  :lol:
The CBS clue states that the clash happens on the way to the pitstop not on the way to the Cluebox.
IMO if they were racing to first place or to avoid elimination CBS would have hyped it up. An no. I do not think there is any penalty, did Luke or Jen receive a penalty? NO!
I see Phil as playing the arbitrator again though. :browsie:
I agree with you littlewop.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

What about the confessional?

What Dan and Sam wear and in this confessional from EP8 Sam says "the globetrotters are definitely our rivals at this point ..they are the other all male team, they're very athletic they do pose a huge threat to us"

I don't think that this should be taken as evidence of anything. There have been times when certain teams have not taken into account the existence of other teams before. Anyone could make a simple mistake like this.

What leg does that confessional actually belong to? Were Sam & Dan wearing green/orange on Leg 8?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »
Where was that video taken puddin? Do we know? I can't get it to play for me right now... :(

And no U-Turn at a PitStop...that was a joke...but if anyone was confused I added a disclaimer, :lol:!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »
I hosted it quick on photobucket, thats why it so sucks peach. I'll make a better one later. I assume its the pitstop in Estonia as thats what Sam and Dan are wearing plus there is that confessional with the Globetrotters in the web promo at the same location stating they were not going to let, the brothers I assume, take that cab away from them or something. I'm uploading a sports promo so can't check at the moment what exactly the Globetrotters said but the video is up a few pages back
And Hooky ,,,,,, the Brothers MUST know if the Globetrotters are still in the race or not seeing as they clash on the way to the pitstop.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
I predict we are not going to get anything new from CBS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »
Trotters: it was our taxi man there was no way they can take it from us.
Sam: they're literally just following us its just frustrating