Author Topic: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)  (Read 112321 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP9: "We’re Not Meant for the Swamp" (Estonia)
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »
Parking puzzle: In Primefun's first video, we hear Meghan telling the cab driver "...26, and we'll run the rest of the way." Filling in the blanks (guessing), I get Get us as close as you can to Pikk 26, and we'll run the rest of the way. The driver must have let them off at the bottom of Olevimagi street (short trip; they could have walked from the port through the Fat Margaret gate and straight down Pikk); in the next video we can see them running up the hill on Olevimagi (seen here where it joins with Pikk) just a few doors down from the Blackheads. OK, fair enough; according to this parking map large portions of Old Town are pedestrian zones and the cars we see must be local permit tags. But in Primefun's other video we see Montana outside the Blackhead door (you can see a sign--Baltic Tours--which is right across the street at Pikk 31) next to a cab asking for a cellphone. ??? Some cabs are allowed through but others aren't? And why would you need a cellphone? The invisible-ink parchment they got almost certainly told them to proceed on foot to Hermann tower.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
The Tarsi farm website (click Pildialbum for gallery), which would make Illar Oleski (seen here with Cleopatra) the local celebrity.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2009, 08:16:16 PM »
Slowhatch!! :wtg:  :jumpy: You are on a ROLL this week!!  :hearts:

You found the farm!!! Don't they look nice??!! I like them!!

Here's a little map from your link!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »
So trotters also do the Mud Volley Ball??

Haha they really do care of cleaniness since they change something clean.. Unlike the brothers..  :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
Just a qns, is the Mud Volleyball the Detour? Any one know what the other detour??

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »
Just a qns, is the Mud Volleyball the Detour? Any one know what the other detour??

Search in the bog for your next clue?  :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »
heres a few new screencaps

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
Oh dear...Meghan is having a rough week!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »
When ready

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »
Since we know that Gary & Matt and Flight Time & Big Easy are the next two teams to be eliminated, is there any chance that Gary & Matt somehow found a way to get ahead and Flight Time & Big Easy are in a footrace with Sam & Dan for last place?

Just wondering...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2009, 12:30:39 AM »
Since we know that Gary & Matt and Flight Time & Big Easy are the next two teams to be eliminated, is there any chance that Gary & Matt somehow found a way to get ahead and Flight Time & Big Easy are in a footrace with Sam & Dan for last place?

Just wondering...
I don't think so racer, based on Dan and Sam's confessional and then we see what appears to another team or teams being filmed when the race to the pitstop occurs... sadly not looking good for Gary and Matt. I wish we knew the other detour option  (:;) , probably a chance thing.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2009, 01:16:37 AM »

Just wondering...
I don't think so racer, based on Dan and Sam's confessional and then we see what appears to another team or teams being filmed when the race to the pitstop occurs... sadly not looking good for Gary and Matt. I wish we knew the other detour option  (:;) , probably a chance thing.

I think from Caelestor  i think Caelestor is correct as the other detour involve in the Bog.. so is nearby..

As Brian and Erika is shown running in the bog, but there are not in the volley ball place.. Unless they are done for the volley ball already and is first or doing other detour option

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2009, 01:20:56 AM »
I meant this photo..

Brian was seen infront of Trotters and Sam And Dan..

So one possibilty is Brian and Ericka do the other detour

or they are first and done the volley ball already..

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
In a video showing the teams arrive in Estonia, we see M/C, S/D, GT's & B/E coming out of the terminal and running for a taxi.  G/M were not seen.  Towards the end of the video, there is a car racing away but I did not see pink anywhere.  I am guessing it might have been additional cameramen trying to beat the teams to their next destination?   :duno:

Being that G/M were last to arrive at the PS last week, what if they missed the first ferry?  The eyewitness, er, friend of the eyewitness, said they only saw 3-4 teams on the ferry, right?  Was there another ferry not far behind the first one that G/M may have been on?   ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »
In a video showing the teams arrive in Estonia, we see M/C, S/D, GT's & B/E coming out of the terminal and running for a taxi.  G/M were not seen.  Towards the end of the video, there is a car racing away but I did not see pink anywhere.  I am guessing it might have been additional cameramen trying to beat the teams to their next destination?   :duno:

Being that G/M were last to arrive at the PS last week, what if they missed the first ferry?  The eyewitness, er, friend of the eyewitness, said they only saw 3-4 teams on the ferry, right?  Was there another ferry not far behind the first one that G/M may have been on?   ;)

From page on thanks to primefuns friend on the ferry with the teams

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
Has any team every been penalized for tripping or otherwise impeding the progress of another team in previous seasons?

IF, (big IF there)   the PTB decide that either a trotter or a brother purposely tripped the other team, could we be looking at a penalty of some kind?

Thanks, just curious if that may be a possibility this week.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »
Has any team every been penalized for tripping or otherwise impeding the progress of another team in previous seasons?
Mark & Michael were penalised for tampering with the Thai rickshaw pumps, but I don't think anyone has ever been penalised for physically impeding the progress of another team.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
Mark & Michael were penalised for tampering with the Thai rickshaw pumps, but I don't think anyone has ever been penalised for physically impeding the progress of another team.

Probably would have been something that BVM would love to put in the previews and official press release.

"One team gets a penalty for the first time ever on The Amazing Race for physically impeding the progress of another team..."

Actually, anything MIGHT happen.

For all we know, Gary and Matt might be attempting the other Detour which is actually the better and faster choice.. and since Brian and Ericka were not shown at the Swamp Volleyball, which means that they could have gone for the other Detour... and Meghan and Cheyne completed theirs already... That would probably put Sam and Dan and FT/BE in last place and be in a fight to avoid elimination? :duno:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »

Luceybell, the ferry schedules have been covered many weeks ago, probably before you joined RFF. There were 2 daily ferry options, one to Tallinn and the other to Helsinki, switching to a ferry to Tallinn and arriving 6 hours later. The next ferry arriving Tallinn is the next day, or 18 hours after the best-fit ferry arriving from Helsinki and 24 hours after the original ferry nonstop to Tallinn.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »

Probably would have been something that BVM would love to put in the previews and official press release.

"One team gets a penalty for the first time ever on The Amazing Race for physically impeding the progress of another team..."

Actually, anything MIGHT happen.

For all we know, Gary and Matt might be attempting the other Detour which is actually the better and faster choice.. and since Brian and Ericka were not shown at the Swamp Volleyball, which means that they could have gone for the other Detour... and Meghan and Cheyne completed theirs already... That would probably put Sam and Dan and FT/BE in last place and be in a fight to avoid elimination? :duno:

I think they would have hyped it up more if the race was for first place or last place ..

two teams are neck and neck in their race to the pit stop,
TWO TEAMS COLLIDE ON THEIR RACE TO THE PIT STOP

and it might be there are teams or a team being filmed in the background , already mentioned above

NoluckBoston

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »
Well i look at it this way.

Would this ever work?
Erika+Mud. 

I would think no. She would want to do the other task.

Is it possible that the "other team" we see in the back ground are the Estonian Volleyball players. Maybe?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Of course they are Estonian volleyball players  :lol:   .. watch the video on page 1 I think, you could see what looks like camera crews filming behind Sam as he exits the mudpit.

heres the latest commercial

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »
The  question I keep looking at is

We see Cheyne clearly arriving at the mud before any other teams, it seems.

If B/E, FT/BE. and S/D all arrive together, would M/C have had time to already finish the task? Are there any screenshots of M/C in the mud with other teams??

There seems to be two people running in the background in this shot...

Could that be another team already done with the task? M/C?? I don't see a camera...

Could D/S and FT/BE be racing for second place?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2009, 10:39:48 PM »

Illegally, aside from Mark/Mike, as puddin said, no. Legally, that would be the Yield/U-Turn. :funny:

And speaking of U-Turns, I really think there's one this leg with Sam & Dan U-Turning Herb & Nate. They use it, but Gary & Matt are so behind FT/BE still beat 'em? :P

ETA: Meaning I think it's ferry --> RB --> Speed Bump --> Detour --> U-Turn --> Random Task/Pit Stop. Very odd putting a U-Turn right before the Pit Stop, but hey, maybe they'll try it. And I think Meghan & Cheyne are behind this leg, but I can never say for sure with these two. :funny:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:43:29 PM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2009, 11:08:52 PM »
She doesn't look like no stinkin racer to me peach, its for sure not Meghan or Ericka  :lol:  I don't think its Brian either and Fo sure not the Globetrotters  :lol:

heres another person with a camera shooting past Sam