Author Topic: Ep#7: For which team does the Bell Toll?  (Read 6801 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ep#7: For which team does the Bell Toll?
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like?

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay?

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season?

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:41:53 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep#7: For which team does the Bell Toll?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:39:09 PM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?  Like nearly every other BIG REVEAL, probably not at all.

2.  At the Bell Tower how fair back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?  I think they fall to last

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like?  Actually everyone. 

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay?  Phil that so wasn't a good hat for you.

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season? No, I think I liked episode 5 a little more.

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?

I probably would have really pushed.  I would be upset at Canaan, but I would be more upset aat myself.  I wish the trotters wouldn't have taunted her (I don't think they needed to), but its completely far and doesn't change that I like those two guys.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy? It is going to BLOW THEIR FREAKING MINDS!

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)? About a half hour to 45 minutes I think.

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like? Flight Time & Big Easy. A bit of a Sam and Dan fan as well.

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay? Nay, Nay, A thousand times, NAY! btw Phil, even if you want to go for the hats, don't go to Brennan for hat-related advice.

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season? No. I think it only got high ratings because of the previews of a man pushing his girlfriend down a slide. For the record, my favourite was Vietnam. (With an honorable mention to the Wasabi Bombs)

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?

I probably would have screened partners before signing up for the race to make sure they could do heights and water, etc.
If I was Mika, I would have been more upset with Canaan for trying to push me down the slide. Seriously not cool.

And with the trotters, It hasn't changed a thing. Taunting happens, from the reasonable-but-not-cool (Flight and Big Easy) to the really-really-not-cool (Jon "You can't let the gay guys beat you!) They are basketballers, and trash talk is a big part of basketball, its probably ingrained into them, and they were well within the stature of limitations to taunt her. They knew they were last, and they knew they needed a miracle, they just helped the miracle along.

PS. It's spelled Vyxsin.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:25:21 AM by Coutzy »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?
Probably not that big. :P
2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?
I think not that far behind.
3.  Were down to 6, who do you like?
I like 'em all, but getting bored by Meghan/Shane's Hair & Flight Time/Do It For The Hood.
4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay?
As long as it looks cool, yeah. Else, nay.
5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season?
Um, Meghan/Cheyne won another leg & Mika refused to slide keeping the Globetrotters in (don't hate 'em, but getting bored by 'em), so no. I like the Cai Be leg better. :funny:

If she was waiting to calm down, no. If she was freaking out, oh yes.
Myself
I'm okay with it. And no feeling change. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?
Maybe it shocks Tiffany enough that she finally confesses to her girl crush on Maria

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?
I think Ericka took acting lessons from Mika

Brylcreme boy and Sportyspiceubergirl

Yeah - big fan of Tilleys and Phil.

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season?
No - felt like it was sponsored by the Dubai Tourism Ministry.

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?
I would have knocked her out first. If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  My parents for raising such a spoiled primadonna brat. And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team? Love it. The race needs more win-at-any-cost teams.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:34:00 AM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy? I will be laughing mercilessly! :snicker:

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)? Not too far behind.

3.  We're down to 6, who do you like? Hmmm, tough. My greatest favorites went out in positions 12-9 (as usual). I'll go with Gary & Matt.

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay? It is way cool!

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season? No. My favorite was probably Episode 5. But Episode 6 is a close second!

6.  Three parter:

For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  Only if it was my brother! :lol:

If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you? I would be more disappointed in myself.

And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team? Somewhat. But they were feeling desperate. It's difficult to judge a person's character.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:41 AM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?
This could be why their alliance breaks up, which causes the eventual downfall of the poker girls, who would've been carried by Dan/Sam otherwise...

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?
Pretty far

I kind of like Brian/Ericka... but the remaining teams are kind of a bore, bring back Lance/Keri for the excitement!

Eh... not the best choice in hats, but it's the guy's choice, so whatever

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season?
It's probably my third, I loved both the Vietnam legs a whole lot

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide? If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you? And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?

I would have SUCCESSFULLY pushed her down that dang slide
Myself for sure
Can't hate it, because I know that if I was on the race in that position, I would've done the same thing if not more...

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 03:50:28 AM »

Firstly, are they pretending to have a crush on Sam and Dan or not? If it is yes for my question, then no, if it is no, yes.

30 mins to 1 hour

Team naked check in, aka Maria and Tiffany

Nay

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?

1. Maybe, yeah if I had too 2. Both. 3. I know it's a game but really, do they need to do that? They would have beaten them in a footrace anyways...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:25:41 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »
Scary, even though they suspected it early in the game....

2.  At the Bell Tower how fair back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?
They fall, but not much.

3.  We're down to 6, who do you like? 
Brian & Erika, Maria & Tiffany

Nay!

I like leg 5 and 6!

I would be pissed, but I wouldn't go to those lengths.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy? It should not be, but it's a huge  :ascared :ascared. :lol:

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)? 2 hours.

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like? Meghan & Cheyne, Maria & Tiffany a close second.

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay? He looks way better than me in a hat so yeah.

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season? It was. Good ep. Good one liners.

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team? I would not have tried to force my partner to go down the slide. That makes matters worse. I would have been upset if Canaan tried to force me, but I'd be kicking myself more if it led to an elimination which it did. I don't blame the Trotters for what they did. It's a race. Mika had been up there for more than her fair share of time. All's fair in love and war. If I were Flight Time or Big Easy, I would have picked up Mika and put her aside.
[/quote]
Just here to visit.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 09:31:52 AM »
I don't think they will be to shocked, I think they already suspect.  Didn't they mention it once?

30 minutesish

I wouldn't mind if Meghan & Cheyne won OR Brian & Erika

NAY!

I have to say that the past two legs have been my favorite so far.

I don't blame Canaan for losing his cool, but I wouldn't push my partner down the slide.  If I were Mika, I would be more upset that I couldn't bring myself to do it and personally lost the $1 million buck for the team!  The trotters are not my favorite team anyway and their heckling just confirmed why.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »
Probably a bit of a shock.

Um... 4th place?

Trotters, Meghan and Chayne... Yeah...

YAY!

Can't say. I only watched the last half  :'(

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it change you feelings about that team?
No. That's just plain mean, you have to coax her to go down. P2: More upset at Canaan. I mean he was like "GO DOWN OR ELSE!" at the slide and at the end he said "Oh It was OK." HYPOCRITICAL! P3: That was a cheap shot, but when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 06:33:48 AM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy? Dudes.  We called that bluff a long time ago.

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)? 27 minutes

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like? Meghan & Cheyne

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay? Nay

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season? The first Dubai leg.  Teams driving themselves and the variety of tasks.

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team? No pushing my partner down the slide.  Myself.  I can see the taunting, but thy could have won the footrace (that they did not know would have happened).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 11:06:57 AM »
1.  OMG how big of a shock is it for Maria & Tiffany when they discover their man candy likes man candy?  Probably not a big one, but it might be enough to break their alliance with Sam & Dan.

2.  At the Bell Tower how far back are Brian & Ericka (what I have to actually do something)?  At first, not too far, but eventually they fall to last.

3.  Were down to 6, who do you like?  Megan & Cheyne the most, but I really like all of them more or less.

4.  Phil in hats.  Yeah or Nay?  Not really.

5.  Last episode was the highest rated episode of the season.  Was it your favorite of this season?  No, I liked the end of Episode 5 a little more because Lance & Keri were gone!

6.  Three parter.  For a chance at a million and after would you have been Canaan and tried to push your partner down the water slide?  If you were Mika, which would you be more upset about.  Yourself or Canaan for attempting to force you?  And finally how do you feel about the Trotters taunting Mika and did it chance you feelings about that team?  1.  I would've tried it only as a very last resort, after all coaxing failed.  2.  More myself, since I can kick myself far harder than I can kick anyone else.  3.  It wasn't my favorite thing, but I can see why they did it.  It didn't change my feelings a whole lot.

Belle Book

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
I think they've figured it out by now. It's not to hard to realize it when the guys arn't flat out flirting with them by now.

No to far back, but near the back of the pack. CBS gave enough away last week.

Our two couples: Brian/Ericka & Meghan/Cheyne

Yeah!

No, Dubai Pt. 1 was mine so far.

1. If it came down to it, yes.  2. It depends on the pressure of the situation. I guess myself more over Canaan.  3. Absolutley it changed my opinion. I use to think they were cool guys, but now I'd like to see them leave. They could see she was scared enough as it was, and refused to stop taunting her after Canaan asked them to. It was 2 minutes for god sake.