Author Topic: 24 Season 8  (Read 53083 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: 24 Season 8
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

March 26, 2010
'24' showrunner talks series finale, future plans

Howard Gordon, “24” executive producer and showrunner talks about the decision to cancel the series and what’s next for Jack Bauer.
THR: What's next for "24"?

Gordon: There are other possible iterations of Jack Bauer and his world -- whether a movie or some other sort of scenario. We're developing the movie, Billy Ray (”State of Play,” “Shattered Glass”) is writing it. It depends on how well it comes out and Fox's appetite. Most importantly it's about ending the show right and doing it with the same level of intensity and commitment that we started with.

THR: When's the soonest that fans could realistically expect a feature film?

Gordon: Obviously the script's still being written. It could be as early as next year depending on how things come together.
THR: Since the setting shifts to Europe for the movie, will CTU still play a role?

Gordon: Yes and no. Jack is really the center of it, catching up with him emotionally and locationally where he is. The opportunity is not to use the real-time aspect and also to do it on a scale the TV show never allowed.

THR: Is there anything TV-related that you're looking to do in the future with the “24” brand?

Gordon: There are conversations about that. If one of the writers came up with a good idea, I'd happily pitch to Kiefer and happily pitch the show to the network -- whether Fox or someone else. We just don't have that idea and that's where everything has to start.

THR: You never pitched an idea for next season?

Gordon: We couldn't come up with something that really satisfied us. We've done everything we feel we can do with that character in this format.

THR: How did ending the show come about?

Gordon: It helped that this was the end of a lot of peoples' contracts. There was a deal finiteness in place. Also, every year is a high-wire act. We all look at each other and ask, 'Can we really do this again?' and it's not with complete conviction that we say, 'Yes.' As an act of faith and effort, we get through it. This year Kiefer said it felt like the senior year of high school.

THR: How do you want “24” the series to be remembered?

Gordon: I'd like it to be remembered as a revolutionary concept. The second thing is that we loved this show so much and never did anything less than our best. I hope we delivered to our fans like we feel we did to ourselves. We loved this show from the very first hour to the last hour, so I hope people think of it being consistently at that quality and that it never dipped too terribly -- except for season six.

THR: Can you tease to the rest of the season?

Gordon: We've taken a risk in the last eight episodes. It was challenging to the writers to the actors. We're taking a risk, the show has to do that. Without spoiling what's to come, it's pretty dark and complex and a place that was uncomfortable for us to write and for some of the actors to act. We really swung for the fences. Because the show is as old as it is, this season hasn't really been given its due. But our audience is hanging in there with us and I think it's been a very successful season.

THR: How has this decision creatively impacted the ending?

Gordon: There have been a couple other season-enders that would have been spectacular series enders. Season four, season five and last year. I was more aware this time of ending something that really felt surprising, but not cheap; emotionally consistent. Some will throw their shoes at the screen, inevitably some will be angry, some will say they hated it the last three years. You can't please everybody you can only do the best you can do. I'm hoping people lean forward. I'm hoping the first feeling people have is, "Damn I miss it, I want more."

Source: http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/24-finale-.html
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
Well, that's disappointing. Looks like my first season will be my last. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
Well, that's disappointing. Looks like my first season will be my last. :(

They are talking about a movie. All is not lost. AND you can get the other seasons on DVD. (or rent them.) Don't stop watching this season, it's going to get really interesting AND stressful!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »
I sure wish they could think up something for 24 to continue!
Will really miss it.  :'(

Wow, the last few shows have been Tops for adrenalin rush!!  :jumpy:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:39 PM »
My first reply was blown up by a terrorist! (Or something..)

Talk about adrenalin rush! The tension definitely ramped up. Arlo was one lucky fellow considering what happened to the old guy, Prady, who has been filed away in the dead letter department.

Who foresaw what would happen to President Hassan.  :ascared  I really didn't expect it or want it to happen. How is it that terrorists can always be somewhere faster than CTU or be able to make plans on the fly like Dana calling Tarin and they find a way to have a car ready to stuff President Hassan into in such a short amount of time! CTU can never do anything that well.

Was it just me or a fluke in editing? ???  First Jack steals a beautiful black car and drives off but the next thing we see, he's looking at the back of the truck and the dirty bomb. THEN he drives off in the car to chase after Tarin and Hassan.

President Logan is coming back. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Here's the top secret video for next week.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
More news about Logan's return.

Gregory Itzin back on '24' as disgraced president
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
Thursday, April 8, 2010

(04-08) 03:42 PDT New York (AP) --

During its breathless, ticktock eight-season run, "24" has given viewers numerous delights, apart from Jack Bauer's crazy knack for staying alive.

The audience for this rambunctious Fox thriller fondly recalls President David Palmer, a black man in the White House who may have helped normalize that concept for white voters in 2008. Meanwhile, everyone adores computer whiz Chloe O'Brian, an indispensable if cranky colleague of Bauer's in the Counter Terrorist Unit.

But no one on "24" can overshadow Charles Logan, the former chief executive who commanded the fifth season as scoundrel, boob and treasonous schemer. Deliciously played by Gregory Itzin, President Logan stayed busy at his waffling, cover-ups, secret deals with terrorists, even an implicit role in Palmer's assassination — all of it done (as Logan never tired of saying) "in the best interests of the country."

Ultimately thwarted by Bauer (series star Kiefer Sutherland), Logan resigned and was placed under house arrest.

But in TV drama as in the real world, disgraced politicians don't necessarily vanish. They hatch a way to rehabilitate themselves (or their image, at least), then re-enter the arena.

So hail to President Logan in the person of Itzin, who returns for Monday's episode, then continues through the remainder of this season, Day 8, which was recently pronounced the last. Midway through a season beset by series fatigue and ratings erosion, he could be the spark to send off "24" in a fitting blaze of glory. ("24" airs at 9 p.m. EDT.)

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/04/08/entertainment/e034250D12.DTL#ixzz0kYWDfed2

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
It's so refreshing to see that Dana has finally been caught in her charade! But we unexpectedly and sadly lose Hassan. That was very sad, but in recent episodes I could sort of feel that his time was up. It didn't really feel like he was "going anywhere", if you know what I mean.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
 :'( I didn't foresee Hassan being killed, although I should have.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »
It just gets worse and worse.  Silent clock.   :'(

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »
Oh, no! Renee... :'(

Overall, probably my least favorite episode of the season.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »
Is this the 24 series where Jack is in Newwww Yooooooorrrrrkkkk, concrete jungle where dreams are made of!!!!?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:35:43 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »
Hooky I could hardly watch when it became apparent that she might be shot.  :'(

uycocoa, yes this hour is set in New York. Dreams die there too it seems, at least for Jack.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
(Not so..) Super secret preview for next week.  Logan is still a little rodent...

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 12:36:55 AM »
It just gets worse and worse.  Silent clock.   :'(
:'( :'( :'( :'( I cried for an hour over her death!!  Why her?  :duno: Why can't Jack finally have a great woman like Renee to end the Series...and live happily everafter?  Yeh I know...24 is reality.  But in all reality and after all Jack's been thru in 24, losing his wife Teri, then losing the blond whose name slips my mind.  Is he ever meant to ever have a love life?  arrgg.  Guess not.  I'm sooo upset about Renee. :'(  :'( :'( 
 I know I know...it's just a show...but surely they could've spared Renee.  Maybe it upsets me so much, b/c it is too much like real life?  Dunno...but it sucks that such a great gal and actress had to be the victim of the horrid terrorists.  (:;) (:;) :groan:

Maybe Actress Annie Wershlng (spelling?) got a really huge part in another series or  movie, so they had to kill her off.  ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 01:02:51 AM »
Bringing Logan back is bad news.  He has his own agenda and it ain't good.  Wow, this last ever season is the most intense of any season yet. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
Rudy when the assassin started setting up I yelled at my TV, if Renee is killed I don't want to see any more 24. It was so horrible to know that it might happen and I was hoping against hope that something would save her.    I hoped that Jack would have some sort of happy life after this with Renee. :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2010, 12:28:17 AM »
I know, TL.   :( It just makes me sick to my stomach. :crybabe:  Now all we can hope for is Jack makes it to the end alive & well, and finally have a life after 24 with his daughter and sweetie little gr'daughter. :hrt:

Jack better not get killed off!! :groan: If so, I will never watch another show on Fox.  Not even AI.  None. Zilch. Nada. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »
I know, TL.   :( It just makes me sick to my stomach. :crybabe:  Now all we can hope for is Jack makes it to the end alive & well, and finally have a life after 24 with his daughter and sweetie little gr'daughter. :hrt:

Jack better not get killed off!! :groan: If so, I will never watch another show on Fox.  Not even AI.  None. Zilch. Nada. 

Oh I really hope he rides off into the sunset with his daughter and granddaughter.  Talk about cruel if the writers don't give us a decent ending.  (:;) :box: :knuckles:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Madame President can be lured to the dark side.  (:;)  Sigh, I thought she was better than this.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Preview:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
Along with another fallen President, we now have water boarding.  :ascared

Sneak peek:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:54 AM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Madame President can be lured to the dark side.  (:;)  Sigh, I thought she was better than this.
  Sigh, me too.  I'm so disappointed in her.  :(

Only 5 hours left & it's still non-stop adventure!  Never a dull moment. 
I will be sorry & miss 24 when they shut it down.  It's my favorite.  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »
Since evil Logan is back on '24', now I know why he was pulled off
"The Mentalist", where he had a respectable part!  :tup:

He's a great actor!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
"The Mentalist", where he had a respectable part!  :tup:

He's a great actor!

He is a great actor and drips pure evil.

I wonder how Dana escapes.... ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
"The Mentalist", where he had a respectable part!  :tup:

He's a great actor!

He is a great actor and drips pure evil.

I wonder how Dana escapes.... ???

You think Dana escapes?? 
I'm thinking she'll either be killed or put in prison for life.
I don't know, but she is another one dang great actress!

-----------------

I miss Reneé... :'( :'(  I look for her to land some great starring role. What a superb actress!