Author Topic: Ruperts Final Words  (Read 2562 times)

Theresa

Ruperts Final Words
« on: May 10, 2004, 09:24:22 PM »
The reason that I wanted to come back for SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS was not the million dollars. It was not the money at all. It was to finish my adventure, to finish my journey that I had started in SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS and had not truly finished. I started a journey inside myself of self-awareness, of self-improvement, of realization of who I truly am.

I came into SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS still believing I was that worthless little kid that I was always told I was, and I left almost believing that that was still true. I understood why I believed that in SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, but I couldn't kick the fact that I still felt like a failure. I had so many "should, coulda, wouldas" that when I got the call to say, "Do you want to do ALL-STARS?" there was not more than two seconds hesitation before I said, "Of course." And then I hang up the phone, and I try to explain to my wife and my daughter that yes, I'm just back, and yes, I said I wasn't leaving again, but I'm going to finish my journey.

Probably by day 19 I had realized there is no need to be that scary-ass person who pushed people away any more. It started on the second day when we came out and Saboga was left till last. I was in the back of the row of Saboga coming out, and I hear people saying, "That's Rupert." The people that I idolized saying, "That's Rupert." The people that I would have stood in line for hours to get their autographs saying, "That's Rupert."

I walk away from SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS knowing I played the game with honor, I played it against the best of the best, I didn't play conniver, and I made it to the Final Four. I walk away feeling very good about my game.

CindiLou

Re: Ruperts Final Words
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 09:39:52 PM »
Rupert is one very special man!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 12:16:04 AM »
Well it looks like Rupert accomplished what he came out to do and good for him.  It will be even better if he can score that million bucks as viewers choice.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 07:58:59 AM »
AWWW What a Big sweetheart he is..Tks for posting this Theresa..I love him.. :-* :-*

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 11:52:01 AM »
Rupert better win this million $$$$$$ bling bling yo