Author Topic: Episode 6 East Coast Play by Play and updates *please read the rules*  (Read 55771 times)

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Re: Episode 6 East Coast Play by Play and updates *please read the rules*
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »
I don't want to get between Apskip and TARAsiaFan  :meow:

They're screwing with us on the departure times again.
TARAsiaFan,
These indicate a regular 12 hour pit stop, so how is that "screwing with us on departure times again"?

By the looks of things, Leg 5 wasn't a 12-hour pit stop, if you are referring to Leg 5 of course.

TARAsiaFan, Sam and Dan have a calculator to sell you. It looks like you desperately need one. Oh, wait. You can do this by hand: what is 817am - sometime about 1 to 2 hours before 10pm? Golly, it's 12 hours. OK what is 959am - 10pm? Gee, it's 12 hours once again. My guesstimates start times were off by almost an hour for Sam/Dan, Maria/Tiffany, Sam/Dan but I am confident that thye had 12 hour pit stops. To paraphrase what someone has said, "just because you proclaim it doesn't make it so." It clearly was a 12 hour pit stop!

...but using Chateau's arrival time for Meghan and Cheyne last leg;
This shot was taken between 8:22 and 8:34 am (assumes July 27th).
and their start time from this episode
We did... 817 AM.  for Meghan and Cheyne and 959 for Brian/Ericka.
it seems we can settle this as a 24 hour pitstop.  What am I missing? :duno:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
OH ****! MIKA GETS OUT OF THE SLIDE AND LETS THE GLOBE TROTTERS THROUGH!
This is not the way I saw it. The attendant had timed starting with the arrival of Herb/Nate. He had warned Mika and Canaan that after 2 minutes they would have to give up their place in the chute. Mika was doing as ordered when she got out.
I have to agree with Mr. Amazing Race on this. The attendant told her to step aside and she did.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
I don't want to get between Apskip and TARAsiaFan  :meow:
No, please do. :lol:

Just here to visit.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
I don't want to get between Apskip and TARAsiaFan  :meow:
No, please do. :lol:

:bags                         :flipper
        Nooooo way !  :hides

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2009, 10:06:54 AM »
I've read a few people criticize the Globetrottes for heckling Mika at the slide, both here and elsewhere on the net.
Uh, folks, it's a race for a million dollars, not a race to see who can make the most friends.  Mika/Canaan had ample time to take their turn, they had no right to hang the other teams up.  And yes, maybe the guys could have outrun them to the pitstop if they sat back and waited for her to get the nerve to go, but they are still in a race against 5 other teams.  Those few precious minutes of patiently waiting could come back and bite them in the butt in a future leg.

I know, it's a race for a million dollars, but at least half the teams on the past 14 seasons won the race with class and poise. The globetrotters actions were pretty much uncalled for. They could have beaten Mika and Canaan anytime in a footrace. Do i need to bring up the example of Uchenna and Joyce all over again?

Yes, I agreed they could have beaten Mika & Canaan at a foot race...but they still have next leg to worry about.  How much time are they supposed to give up to wait for her?  Canaan said they spent 45 minutes up there.  She could have easily spent another 45.  And while they could win a foot race and survive this leg, the time they spent waiting for her could jeopardize them in the next leg.    Sometimes teams miss flights by mere minutes, every second in TAR is valuable.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2009, 10:55:15 AM »
I've read a few people criticize the Globetrottes for heckling Mika at the slide, both here and elsewhere on the net.
Uh, folks, it's a race for a million dollars, not a race to see who can make the most friends.  Mika/Canaan had ample time to take their turn, they had no right to hang the other teams up.  And yes, maybe the guys could have outrun them to the pitstop if they sat back and waited for her to get the nerve to go, but they are still in a race against 5 other teams.  Those few precious minutes of patiently waiting could come back and bite them in the butt in a future leg.

I know, it's a race for a million dollars, but at least half the teams on the past 14 seasons won the race with class and poise. The globetrotters actions were pretty much uncalled for. They could have beaten Mika and Canaan anytime in a footrace. Do i need to bring up the example of Uchenna and Joyce all over again?

Yes, I agreed they could have beaten Mika & Canaan at a foot race...but they still have next leg to worry about.  How much time are they supposed to give up to wait for her?  Canaan said they spent 45 minutes up there.  She could have easily spent another 45.  And while they could win a foot race and survive this leg, the time they spent waiting for her could jeopardize them in the next leg.    Sometimes teams miss flights by mere minutes, every second in TAR is valuable.

It's just 2 minutes if Mika doesn't want to go down. Mika and Canaan has to let the globetrotters go first if they don't slide down after they're there for 2 minutes.

Offline Gabygirl

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
Hi guys,

Just thought you would be interested in this - Every Monday, there is an Amazing Race live chat with the recent eliminated contestant. Today, you can join at at 2:15 PM ET/11:15 AM PT and get all the inside scoop. http://bit.ly/14RYfB

See you there!
-Gaby (for Fancast)

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »

It's just 2 minutes if Mika doesn't want to go down. Mika and Canaan has to let the globetrotters go first if they don't slide down after they're there for 2 minutes.

I agree, the globetrotters just needed to wait for 2 minutes, they did not need to do that to Mika.
I still couldn't believe Mika/Canaan lost because of this, I have never seen any racer freak out like that, she is even worse than Flo. I mean what's the point to fight so hard in the beginning when Mika could just let the 45-minute lead wasted? I believe no one could understand how Canaan felt at that point, seeing the chance of being in the race disappeared, this leg could really be a turning point for them but Mika just gave up.