Author Topic: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"  (Read 89210 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 EP8: "This is the Worst Thing I’ve Ever Done in My Life"
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
A different view here. Apparently the place, called Vasby Gard (farm), is the home of Naturskolan (nature school), where they teach city kids about cows or something.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2009, 08:38:15 PM »
I think people are over thinking on this.

Some racers just switch one racer to the next, regardless of asks, and some just make decisions based on the clue without thinking about what the task might be.

I think to look for something beyond that when we have no evidence of it being anything besides the two examples above it really reaching.

Offline beatlelovr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »
I think "switchback" will ultimately mean throwback like when NFL teams where the old time uniforms.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2009, 10:48:42 PM »
I think people are over thinking on this.

Some racers just switch one racer to the next, regardless of asks, and some just make decisions based on the clue without thinking about what the task might be.

I think to look for something beyond that when we have no evidence of it being anything besides the two examples above it really reaching.

Agreed. The Switchback is not an official "new" type of clue; it just refers to the revisiting of a task from a previous season. It's kind of like an official nickname.

About the only mystery in my mind is what the X on the bottom of Sam & Dan's gnome is for, when clearly Herbert & Nathaniels' gnome doesn't have one.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2009, 11:13:28 PM »
Why doesn't someone go find season 7, EP9 and see exactly how Phil reveals to Ron and Kelly that they won the trip, he reveals a plane on the bottom of the gnome but I can't recall exactly how it was revealed.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2009, 11:47:52 PM »
Why doesn't someone go find season 7, EP9 and see exactly how Phil reveals to Ron and Kelly that they won the trip, he reveals a plane on the bottom of the gnome but I can't recall exactly how it was revealed.

He turned over everyone's gnomes. On Uchenna/Joyce, Meredith/Gretchen, and Romber's gnomes, there was a blank picture of a sky, while Ron/Kelly's had an airplane in it. (incidentally, the airplane was visible as R/K were heading up to the pit stop; I don't know why they were so surprised when they could've easily looked down)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2009, 01:23:34 AM »
I think there were four different modes of transport on the gnomes. The plane was the winner, and I think there was a boat and a car or something.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
I think there were four different modes of transport on the gnomes. The plane was the winner, and I think there was a boat and a car or something.

Yup. I think on the race, they just want to find a gnome and go and really didn't overthink and try to find one with a plane below it...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »

Yup. I think on the race, they just want to find a gnome and go and really didn't overthink and try to find one with a plane below it...

I don't think they knew which one was the prize winner either.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2009, 06:05:05 AM »
There are 12 legs and I assume 12 roadblocks, and the roadblock limit is six... M/C -1 and one person can do the most six... if I was them, i'll try to make it 5-5 going into the final leg, so that either of them could do the final roadblock, like what Jamie and Cara did.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2009, 07:16:49 AM »
Continuing to over think the SwitchBack  B:)

Racers decide who is going to do a Roadblock before opening the clue.  What if once they open the clue it says that the other teammate must do the Roadblock.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2009, 07:41:24 AM »

Racers decide who is going to do a Roadblock before opening the clue.  What if once they open the clue it says that the other teammate must do the Roadblock.

Different. I like it. Do eet CBS.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2009, 08:25:16 AM »

Different. I like it. Do eet CBS.

:tup: Like it!

To support the hypothesis:

If you are a racer, and obviously you see haybales around you, you will think its time to do the RB in Season 6. And of course, a racer who is afraid to do it that they may screw the team, will have to force his/her teammate to do it. Its the "Switch" part in the "Switchback". The "back" means to do repeat the challenge again.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
Okay I am lost at the Switchback thing so what's the list of possibilities? I will be so mad if it's just a term for the task though.  (:;)

Extracted from Wikipedia:
A hairpin turn (also hairpin bend, hairpin corner, etc.), named for its resemblance to a hairpin/bobby pin, is a bend in a road with a very acute inner angle, making it necessary for an oncoming vehicle to turn almost 180° to continue on the road. Such turns in ramps and trails may be called switchbacks in American English, by analogy with switchback railways. In British English 'switchback' is more likely to refer to a heavily undulating road—a use extended from the rollercoaster and the other type of switchback railway.

So in simple words: A switchback is a very acute turn in trails/ramps in America. A switchback is a roller-coaster shaped road in Britain. But since it's America, we're going with the hairpin, whose angle is so small the turning for vehicles is large. Now we just need to intepret it to make it The Amazing Race-ish.  :lol:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2009, 10:43:19 AM »

But then that would mean that Ericka volunteered to do it originally...I do nOT see that happening.  But can see Meghan being more confident thinking it's as easy as a roll in the hay.... ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2009, 11:01:02 AM »

The only problem is that racers get the short version of the clue before, not after,  they decide. This time, thanls to the preview, we know that the racers know it has somwthing to do with Hay! My guess is that they all suspected the task would be the haybales...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2009, 11:07:03 AM »
Has anyone found the Hours of Operation for Grona Lunds?  The only times I could locate (in English) were 12:00AM to 11:00PM.  Typo? or just really odd hours of operation?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »
All i can say is.. we've waited all season for the haybales. :yess: :funny:

Too bad i have work tomorrow morning!!!! (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »
But you are really sick....right?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Blob

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
Has anyone found the Hours of Operation for Grona Lunds?  The only times I could locate (in English) were 12:00AM to 11:00PM.  Typo? or just really odd hours of operation?

Odd hours? Why Odd?

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

Odd hours? Why Odd?

Because that would mean they are open 23 hours a day. LOL   Seems kinda weird, if they are going to be open 23 hours, why not 24? Do they need to give their rides a lunch break? :funny:

Might be a typo though, I would guess it's more like 12:00PM to 11:00PM?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »

Odd hours? Why Odd?

It just seems odd to me to open at Midnight, and close at 11:00PM.  I wondered if they meant 12:00PM (noon) instead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »
                                                             Thanks Puddin' !

:-*

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »

The only strategies I can think of for this task are:   (and we've had 5 years to think about it  :groan:)

1)  While unrolling watch both the revealed part that you are walking on and the rising part that you are rolling in case the clue sticks there.

2)  Unroll the haybales towards the road. The advantage is to have the sun light shining on your back so the revealed clue will catch more light and be more likely to be spotted.  It looks overcast in the promos but the brightest light still comes from the direction from where the sun is.  From the promos, it looks like the sun is in the southwest shining perpendicular to the road (3pm ish).

Good luck  :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders