I'm a huge TAR fan and the other day (I didn't have much to do) I was just thinking of the 2 ALL Star seasons that TAR has had and I realized there are a lot of similarities. (Not suggesting any conspiracy theories here, just thought it was pretty cool!)
- The 4th place teams in both AS seasons (Leo and Jamal / Oswald and Danny) also came in 4th place in their first seasons (23/2) and were both M/M
- The 2nd place team was a F/F team that came in 4th their original season (Dustin and Kandice in 11, Jen and Caroline in 22)
-The first team to get out in both seasons had teammates with the same first initials (J
ohn Vito and J
ill / N
atalie and N
- Both seasons had a "Frankenstein" team
- There were height challenges (kinda) on towers in China (Macau 11; Canton 24)
- In TAR11, Uchenna and Joyce missed their flight getting to
Kuala Lumpur. In TAR24, Margie and Luke had trouble getting a flight going out
of Kuala Lumpur.
- Speaking of Kuala Lumpur, TAR11 and TAR24 both made stops at the Batu Caves in Malaysia.
- Both finales had a couple that met on a reality show.
- The Yield/U-turns occurred in the legs two before the finale and 4 before the finale (i.e., 9 and 11 in TAR11 because there were 13 legs, 8 and 10 in TAR24 because there were 12).
- Similarly, the NEs in TAR24 were 4, 6, & 9 and in TAR11 they were 5, 7, & 10 (and 11, but again because of the extra leg but only 11 teams).
- And lastly just a weird numerical thing that probably had most to do with the fact that they had to change the locations of a couple of the legs in TAR24 but according to Wikipedia, TAR11 traveled 45,000 mi and TAR24 traveled 23,000 mi, almost exactly half of TAR11.
That's everything I've been able to think of so far! Just thought I'd share them with you guys
Hope you enjoyed