Author Topic: Ep#4: Is Zev or Justin the new Dallas?  (Read 17719 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ep#4: Is Zev or Justin the new Dallas?
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
 (:;)

1.  How do you feel about the spoilers?

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama?

3.  Who do you think loses the clue?

4.  Do you think they recover?  And I can't believe CBS spoiled it.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep#4: Is Zev or Justin the new Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »
Ok, where they hell did I put the "Is"? :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »
You mean Zev and Justin or the overall whole season? It sucks that Z/J lost their passport...

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama?
Both task, and passport drama. :(

Zev.. i believe...

Hardly. :(

Lance is turning into Jonathan! :knuckles: (:;)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:46:00 AM »
1.  How do you feel about the spoilers? It kinda takes the sting outta finding out the results when CBS does it for us.

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama? Both tasks, and a very very panicky team.

3.  Who do you think loses the clue? Justin.

I'd be suprised.

PS. I can't understand why people don't like Lance. He's just intense, I quite like him.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:46 AM »
Aren't Toni and Dallas on season 13?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:28 AM »
Aren't Toni and Dallas on season 13?

Team Dallas & Toni refers to Team Justin & Zevvy.

As for the spoilers, don't CBS usually hold other surprises and spoils out other types of things? I have this small belief that there are more things than the passports that we haven't seen or realized.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:17 AM »

(:;)

1.  How do you feel about the spoilers? Spoilers are awesome!  I don't like that Zev & Justin are leaving so soon, but I love getting this inside info.

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama? Task.  We will get a dramatic, slo-mo as Zev loses their passports.

3.  Who do you think loses the clue? Zev ... bummer dude.

4.  Do you think they recover?  And I can't believe CBS spoiled it.  Night time confessional says they are done.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:31 PM »
1.  How do you feel about the spoilers? Misleading. :funny:

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama? All of the above.

3.  Who do you think loses the clue? Justin, actually.

4.  Do you think they recover?  And I can't believe CBS spoiled it. I think they recover because I don't know why, but I somewhat feel a TBC coming on. Yes, ignoring TAR history, I feel a TBC is next. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
1.  How do you feel about the spoilers?  I'm not happy that Zev & Justin are the ones in the spoilers, but I'm always glad to be spoiled.

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama?  We'll miss a route info to save room for the Passport issue.  The Detour & Roadblock will be in.

3.  Who do you think loses the clue?  Zev, I'm afraid.

4.  Do you think they recover?  And I can't believe CBS spoiled it.  Not in time, sad to say.   :'(

Belle Book

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
1.  How do you feel about the spoilers? Um... the spoilers seem.... odd... coming from CBS itself? I mean....

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama? They'd better have both Detour and Roadblock. Route Info is... meh...

3.  Who do you think loses the clue? The more careless one.

4.  Do you think they recover? I think they might, I mean, when has CBS ever given us a non tricky making spoiler?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 01:12:36 PM »
It sucks that Zev & Justin are out this easrly, but lossing the passports has happened to some of the best of them.

We'll see both tasks, with the passport brama in between takes.

History says Justin does

They might. I can't see CBS straight up giving it to us. Sadly, it looks like they don't recover.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
I thought that was our job? I'm gonna talk to the shop steward...

Both tasks - but edited into a small amount of time.

Rainman

4.  Do you think they recover?
No... But just participating in the race was enough. Can't wait to see them at the elimination station - where was it again? Do I need a passport to get there?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline CTYankee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
I find "walkingpneumonia's" rainman comment very distasteful and 100% uncalled for. I think an apology is owed to Zev and his family and friends.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
Maybe they're are telling us that it was Zev and Justin because they aren't Philimated.

Both

Zev

No way!  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 08:33:54 PM »
I find "walkingpneumonia's" rainman comment very distasteful and 100% uncalled for. I think an apology is owed to Zev and his family and friends.

Gosh.

Perhaps you could use this opportunity to educate us CTYankee??

I work with children, know several people with Asbergers, and have a best friend with a child who has the diagnosis as well. So I am embarassed to say that I did not know that "rainman" was considered derogatory in any way. :-[

I thought that the term referred to an "autistic savant", which is of course a VERY limited 1988 view of autism, not a 2009 view.

But I always thought that as limited in the portrayl of only one very rare form of autism as it was, the movie did at least introduce a lot of people to autism.

And while I only remember the broad outline of the movie, IIRC, when I think of the movie I remember it as showing a brother coming to love and appreciate and understand his autistic brother, much as Zev has done for Asberger's and TAR viewers.

I will say that RFF prides itself on NEVER allowing derogatory comments to be made regarding anyone with a disability...whether that be a "little person", an athlete with one leg, a hearing impaired racer, or someone with Asberger's.

In my mind, ZEV has touched all of our hearts and opened many, many eyes to Asberger's, and has been an inspiration to all of us, proving yet again that nothing need stand in the way of achieving a dream.

If the term "rainman" IS insensitive, I certainly would like to know for future reference, so any guidance you could offer would be appreciated. I know that during Charla's time on the race, a lot of people learned that the term "midget" was considered offensive, so if this is a similar case we all need to be made aware, so thank you for mentioning it.

But we LOVE Zev and his determination, his humor, and his racing skills around here, so I am very sure no purposeful disrespect was intended.

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

Gosh.

I work with children, know several people with Asbergers, and have a best friend with a child who has the diagnosis as well. So I am embarassed to say that I did not know that "rainman" was considered derogatory in any way. :-[

I thought that the term referred to an "autistic savant", which is of course a VERY limited 1988 view of autism, not a 2009 view.

But I always thought that as limited in the portrayl of only one very rare form of autism as it was, the movie did at least introduce a lot of people to autism.

And while I only remember the broad outline of the movie, IIRC, when I think of the movie I remember it as showing a brother coming to love and appreciate and understand his autistic brother, much as Zev has done for Asberger's and TAR viewers.

I will say that RFF prides itself on NEVER allowing derogatory comments to be made regarding anyone with a disability...whether that be a "little person", an athlete with one leg, a hearing impaired racer, or someone with Asberger's.

In my mind, ZEV has touched all of our hearts and opened many, many eyes to Asberger's, and has been an inspiration to all of us, proving yet again that nothing need stand in the way of achieving a dream.

If the term "rainman" IS insensitive, I certainly would like to know for future reference, so any guidance you could offer would be appreciated. I know that during Charla's time on the race, a lot of people learned that the term "midget" was considered offensive, so if this is a similar case we all need to be made aware, so thank you for mentioning it.

But we LOVE Zev and his determination, his humor, and his racing skills around here, so I am very sure no purposeful disrespect was intended.

Yes, I have a family member with Asbergers, and I do not find that insulting as well, Zev is probably one of my FAVORITES this season, so I have no bias against him either.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »

I'm autistic, and I've been called worse. I'm okay with it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »

It sucks, but I think that they will be out

Probably yeah, but they will skip a route info or two

Zev and Justin

Hopefully yeah, but maybe not

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 02:41:13 AM »

Gosh.

I don't think that the term "Rain Man" is offensive at all. Then again, I probably couldn't judge. But just because one person is offended by a term, doesn't mean that everyone is/must be. If that were the case, there would be no descriptive terms for anything! :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 02:46:24 AM »
1.  How do you feel about the spoilers? They are extremely over-the-top, and should stop now before we find out the winner from CBS itself!

2.  Do we get to see both tasks this week, or they have to save room for the "Passport" drama? There will be both tasks, but they will not be the main focus. The editing of racing will be quick, saving time for the passport problems.

3.  Who do you think loses the clue? I don't know that we will be able to blame one person. We may not know when they lose it, thus neither would be responsible.

4.  Do you think they recover?  And I can't believe CBS spoiled it. I don't think they will recover if their confessional is at night. But then again, it could be a confessional from a future leg (if they survive), or from the same leg but they are simply interviewed late for some reason (if they survive). Or maybe they had just accepted elimination by that point.

And I can believe CBS spoiled it. They are lame these days.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »
I got something to say though... autism is not really that of a big disability. If I were to compare Zev with Luke, I would say that Luke is the more disadvantaged one. But congratulations for both of them because they are really competitive racers.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 08:33:44 AM »
I think CBS spoils this season so much because we already spoiled the show's (To be honest, too much) Final 5/3 as well even before.  :funny:

See both tasks

Clue or passport? Please identify! If it's the passport, it might be Zev.

Nope. Sorry
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »

It's not distasteful -- but it is inaccurate for Zev -- and for me (I have Asperger's Syndrome as well).  The guy in "Rain Man" was an autistic savant, which usually refers to someone who has autism (and is often mentally retarded as well, since most autistic children have IQ scores below 70) but have unique abilities.  I don't think it refers to people with Asperger's Syndrome, since people with that type of disorder often have average to above-average intelligence (like me).  But people who have high-functioning autism and very unusual abilities might be considered autistic savants.

Belle Book

Offline CTYankee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »
I find calling Zev (or anyone with a disability) labeling and judgmental. It's like calling someone who's overweight "fat" or "chubby" etc. It's childish and uncalled for. I doubt anyone would like it if they had a child that was being picked on by his/hers peers and was called "stupid" or "Rainman" cause they did something a little slower than someone else, even if they didn't have any disability. Guess I'm just very non-judgmental. I think Zev and Justin are awesome. Justin is an amazing friend to Zev and they make a great team. I'm sure they'd like to win the big prize, but they are having a blast doing it and that's what really matters. They're not cut throat to other teammates and they are very supportive of each other. I think they rock and can handle anything.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
I find calling Zev (or anyone with a disability) labeling and judgmental. It's like calling someone who's overweight "fat" or "chubby" etc. It's childish and uncalled for. I doubt anyone would like it if they had a child that was being picked on by his/hers peers and was called "stupid" or "Rainman" cause they did something a little slower than someone else, even if they didn't have any disability. Guess I'm just very non-judgmental. I think Zev and Justin are awesome. Justin is an amazing friend to Zev and they make a great team. I'm sure they'd like to win the big prize, but they are having a blast doing it and that's what really matters. They're not cut throat to other teammates and they are very supportive of each other. I think they rock and can handle anything.
I don't see where anyone called Zev stupid? or stated that we do not like Zev and Justin or think they are bad racers nor do we think they are not great teammates. Give us a break, we love Zev and Justin as well and really if you think Rainman is bad, which I don't, go check out sucks and what they are calling him...by the way a place that I now avoid.
You want us to apologize? Well fine we are SORRY you are upset and we are SORRY if "Rainman" offended Zev or his family okay? Please let it go already.