Author Topic: TAR15 EP1505 : "I知 Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)  (Read 156769 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15 EP1505 : "I’m Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2009, 09:21:04 PM »
heres the full web promo, in better quality

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Re: TAR15 EP1505 : "I知 Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:27 AM »
2 points that I would like to point out:

1. The Globetrotters THOUGHT that they were going to jump off, so according to Flight Time(?)'s attitude, they didn't cause he said: "We THOUGHT..."

So my question to that is: How is Mika so scared if they didn't have to jump off?

2. During Zev and Justin's interview during the morning show, they knew "who was going to be in their chairs next week....'so clearly, some one is getting eliminated
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »
Maybe Mika's afraid of heights? A lot of people have that fear.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »
Perhaps they have to climb UP part of it, as in Ken/Tina's FF? Walk across a construction beam? Could be anything... not necessarily jumping off, which doesn't appear to be an option.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2009, 01:02:43 AM »
I just found an ironic thing that both leg 5 of the 2 latest seasons featured snow in a detour...  :lol: How I wish to go to Dubai for snow!  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
2 points that I would like to point out:

1. The Globetrotters THOUGHT that they were going to jump off, so according to Flight Time(?)'s attitude, they didn't cause he said: "We THOUGHT..."

So my question to that is: How is Mika so scared if they didn't have to jump off?

2. During Zev and Justin's interview during the morning show, they knew "who was going to be in their chairs next week....'so clearly, some one is getting eliminated

1. When watching the promo, I thought the same thing.  The way Herb said it, made me think they passed on it because they thought they would have to jump off.   Soooo, my thought was, the Burj might be a FF?  If they have to go to the tippy top to retrieve their pitstop clue, a person who is afraid of heights might panic before they even leave the ground...

2. It did sound like there is definitely an elimination... But playing devil's advocate, CBS is pretty sneaky (or so they think, LOL)  I suppose Zev and Justin could have just as easily said no one as they could Lance and Keri or Mika and Canaan. 

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
My thoughts and questions on the upcoming eppie... Seems really botchy.

When they are digging in the snow, they didn't have the little shovel (that's in Brian's hand when Erika is coming down the hill).  So what is the little shovel for?  Are they digging for snowman features (nose, eyes, etc...) or were they digging for the shovels, sleds or a clue?  They had to be digging first, before sledding down the hill, otherwise, I think they would have used the shovels to help them find what ever it is they are looking for. 

What if... Gary and Matt were first at the snow pile, therefore had a little bit of a lead.  If another team arrived, "so much for our lead."  I think they may have maintained their lead because the pictures on the snow hill were of Tiff/Mare, Sam/Dan, Brian/Erika.  Also, the hill that Gary and Matt were digging on was the little one to the left of where the other teams were digging and they are no longer there in the picture. 

In one of the pictures, it shows Lance and Keri with a cooler in the backseat.  Could this challenge be: Dig through the snow to find a shovel, sled down the hill and with their shovels, fill a cooler with snow and deliver it somewhere for their next clue.  It's just that if the snowman was going to be built in this episode, that would be an awful lot of stuff to cram into one episode. (digging, sledding, building a BIG snowman, searching the desert for water, climbing to the top of the Burj, racing in the desert or on the track, etc...)

Race on the track OR race through the desert... Cheyne in the race car, Meghan cheering him on.  Sam and Dan were in the picture when it said 'race through the desert.'  This would mean that eventually, Meghan would have to drive the race car too (if both members of the team have to contribute) unless, she had to perform a task before Cheyne could race (like attaching the wheel or tires).   Sam and Dan were clearly NOT driving in the desert, they had a driver who, I'll bet has experience.  This would be a somewhat unfair advantage?  Also, who in their right minds would turn down a chance to drive a fancy race car around a race track? LMAO Not me! To me, this is kind of fishy, something CBS put together to throw us off?  :duno:

Whatever the eppie brings, it's sure to be fun to watch!  I can't wait!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
Maybe Mika's afraid of heights? A lot of people have that fear.

To quote her in their team video "I hope to god none of us have to bunjee jump, I just, I don't know what I'd do."

Sounds like she's definitaly afraid of hights. I'm hoping that this tower has nothing to do with it and they are able to get through the task fairly quickly.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
FWIW, My thoughts on what to expect...

I think the self drive part is from the airport and they have to find the tallest building. (that is when Lance & Keri are going the wrong way).
Once at the Burj, they sign up for the next morning for a car & driver to take them to the spot in the desert, where one member performs the road block.  Which looks to be hiking to a spot, filling a canteen/bag of sorts with water and hiking back.
I think the detour is next, the choices being race downhill or race on a track.  So far it looks like Meghan/Cheyne do the track.  Sam/Dan, Erika/Brian, Maria/Tiffany, Matt/Gary do the snow.  I am guessing the globetrotters do the snow (too big for a race car).  Not sure about Lance/Keri, have they been spotted at either location in photos yet?
That leaves Mika/Canaan.  Could the pics of them at the Burj be for a Fastforward?  If so, do they chicken out because Canaan is shown in the roadblock pics.  Or is it the night they arrive, and to get the next clue they have to travel up to the top, via construction elevators?  For someone with an extreme fear of heights, a simple task like that could be very daunting.

The racetrack still has me confused.  If it is a detour, how do they present the 2 choices, snow/race car, in TAR speak?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »

I think this is at the Burg as well and what about the snowman? did BVM lie?

we have 2 different shots of Keri and Lance in the car

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

I think this is at the Burg as well and what about the snowman? did BVM lie?

I wouldn't put it past him. Now that I think about it, we were probably pretty dumb to believe him! :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »

I think the self drive part is from the airport and they have to find the tallest building. (that is when Lance & Keri are going the wrong way).
Once at the Burj, they sign up for the next morning for a car & driver to take them to the spot in the desert, where one member performs the road block.  Which looks to be hiking to a spot, filling a canteen/bag of sorts with water and hiking back.
I think the detour is next, the choices being race downhill or race on a track.  So far it looks like Meghan/Cheyne do the track.  Sam/Dan, Erika/Brian, Maria/Tiffany, Matt/Gary do the snow.  I am guessing the globetrotters do the snow (too big for a race car).  Not sure about Lance/Keri, have they been spotted at either location in photos yet?
That leaves Mika/Canaan.  Could the pics of them at the Burj be for a Fastforward?  If so, do they chicken out because Canaan is shown in the roadblock pics.  Or is it the night they arrive, and to get the next clue they have to travel up to the top, via construction elevators?  For someone with an extreme fear of heights, a simple task like that could be very daunting.

The racetrack still has me confused.  If it is a detour, how do they present the 2 choices, snow/race car, in TAR speak?

Actually, I would think that the roadblock is the racetrack. The snow and the desert should be the detour. The Burj could be a miscellaneous task?

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »

Actually, I would think that the roadblock is the racetrack. The snow and the desert should be the detour. The Burj could be a miscellaneous task?

How snow and desert task could be a detour If Brian is at the desert and at the snow task?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »
The desert has to be the roadblock, only one team member is shown doing it, and Tiffany & Brian also are shown at the snow.
Could the snow be a general task all have to do, and the detour be the Burj or the racetrack?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

.. and Meghan is suited up at the track with Cheyne

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
The desert has to be the roadblock, only one team member is shown doing it, and Tiffany & Brian also are shown at the snow.
Could the snow be a general task all have to do, and the detour be the Burj or the racetrack?

I will correct myself...there is no way, given Mika's fear of heights and the look on her face at the Burj, that if given the options of race or Burj, she would have chosen Burj.
So the Burj is either just to get the first clue or a Fastforward.  If it is the FF, then they must not have won it, or they backed out because Canaan is shown in the desert task.
Can anyone tell in the picture of them with the hardhats on if it is evening, or early the next morning?  I am clueless when it comes to that.  The sun could be shining and I'd still guess late evening...LOL

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »
The Racetrack could be a roadblock.  IIRC, both teammates had to suit up for the LeMans roadblock in TAR 4, even though only one could change the racecar tires, and then be driven a lap around that course.

The Nurj is either a FF or a general tasks for all of the teams.  If the teams had to go to the top of the Burj, then Mika?canaan took a long time and fell far behind, or quit the task.

I wonder if the teams has to dig in the top of the snow hills to find a shovel for each team member, and then had to slide down separately. That would fit what we're seeing in the previews. Then the teams had to use the shovels to dig out snow for the snowman task outside.

Just my speculation.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »

Can anyone tell in the picture of them with the hardhats on if it is evening, or early the next morning?  I am clueless when it comes to that.  The sun could be shining and I'd still guess late evening...LOL

Using the reflected sunlight off the Burj (at a point 95 meters up and 605 meters away) I can get a very sharp definition of the solar altitude.

This shot was taken here between 6:28 and 6:32 am (assumes July 27th).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
The Racetrack could be a roadblock.  IIRC, both teammates had to suit up for the LeMans roadblock in TAR 4, even though only one could change the racecar tires, and then be driven a lap around that course.

Just my speculation.
Then whats going on at the desert? We see only 1 team member performing the water task.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »
Hmm. I need to look at the promos more closely. :groan:

If the desert is the roadblock, then do we have a detour in which only one option is chosen? (Doubt the snowman and racetrack go together.)

It looks as if the Burj has a FF.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
I think they are waiting their turns to go up the Burg to get a route info clue, the sign up sheet at the horse was for something ..

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
I think Puddin is right, and the horse sign up sheet was for the Burj and the next clue.  So that should make the race track the 2nd half of the detour.  Unless this is a TAR first and the detour only has one option, and the track is the FF.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
What are those little flags in puddins first pic? ^^

Could they have to climb somewhere, put one somewhere to get the clue?  :duno:

They also have the "funny" miic on...see Mika directly above. Frequently used in water tasks, height tasks, etc.

I don't think they will waste the Burj by just having someone hand them a clue...they are bound to have to DO something, right?? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2009, 05:52:17 PM »
What are those little flags in puddins first pic? ^^

Could they have to climb somewhere, put one somewhere to get the clue?  :duno:

They also have the "funny" miic on...see Mika directly above. Frequently used in water tasks, height tasks, etc.

I don't think they will waste the Burj by just having someone hand them a clue...they are bound to have to DO something, right?? :funny:

The flags look like they may be tied onto that rope, a barricade of sorts?  Not sure what to make of the mics.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR15 EP1505 : "I’m Like Ricky Bobby" (Dubai)
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Right you are!! :tup:

RFF's Golden Rule: