Author Topic: Glee  (Read 86012 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Glee
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »
Oh yes, the mini-me's.

The casting folks are just amazing on Glee, aren't they?

And if you haven't heard, the word is out that the producers are going to promote Darren Criss from recurring to a regular. Those of you who, like me, watched Cold Case saw Darren in the Woodstock '69 themed episode last spring. I wish I had the two links handy right now, but he's done interviews with Vanity Fair and Billboard in the past two weeks. He's definitely deserving of being cast on this show.

(And if you haven't heard, in addition to the Christmas album, there's a discography-type release of the season one music, and volume four of Glee:The Music coming out at the end of November. And yes, "Teenage Dream" is on it.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
I think the best part of last week's episode, was the lack of unnecessary Rachel moments and solos. I know she's one of the best singers, but I'd rather just have her sing when relevant and needed by the actual plot.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
I'm beginning to miss Rachel although she did have a duet with Gwyneth Paltrow, the substitute teacher, Holly Holiday. I did love the plot line last night with Sue as principal but I don't think Figgins will be gone much longer.

I do have to comment, I'm a little concerned about the way the show is changing this year like the flippant talk about using pot. (Holly's comments to her class.) and the lack of morals. (Brittany. I think the show should move to a later time or clean it up a little so younger teens and pre-teens can watch without parents having to cringe.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
"Teenage Dreams" debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at #1, selling 214,000 downloads between Tuesday and Sunday, and becomes the best-selling Glee single in the first week to date. Glee is now number two all-time for a performer or group to have releases listed on the Billboard Charts.

And Harry Shum, Jr., has also been promoted to the regular cast from recurring.

edited to add:
And for those of you wondering about Sam (Chord Overstreet), he's (and Darren Criss) are included in next summer's Glee tour of the UK and Ireland that was announced today. As well as everyone else who was in last summer 4 city US tour.  So I think that should pretty much settle who is essential series regulars on the show now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:46:50 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »
Yikes! I just found these spoilers for the episode two weeks from now, check the fifth picture and see who's behind Artie!

I'm pretty sure it's the sneezing girl

http://www.spoilersguide.com/glee/season-2-episode-9-special-education-photos/
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »
OMG. She joins Glee club!!!! :lol3:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
OMG! She does!  :lol3:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
That photo spoiler is consistent with the spoilers concerning Kurt and Blaine.
-- theschnauzers

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »
I love Glee!!I have a question though,how will they promote Darren Criss to a regular cast member?Do you think he'll transfer to McKinley because I can't see them switching back and forth between 2 schools seeing as the show is about the McKinley HS Glee club.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2010, 02:25:19 AM »

I think she's only there to substitute Kurt.

I love Glee!!I have a question though,how will they promote Darren Criss to a regular cast member?Do you think he'll transfer to McKinley because I can't see them switching back and forth between 2 schools seeing as the show is about the McKinley HS Glee club.

I think so too! :)

And the wedding was so cute! I clapped for the wedding unknowingly! Like it was a natural response. Also, I heard Blaine tries to seduce Kurt. OMG. And they are singing a Christmas song(Baby it's cold outside!) together! (you guys probably know it alr.)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »
Last night's episode was one of the strongest IMO. I think the main point was teamwork. I liked how Puck learned from his mistakes. And while it was painful to see Finnchel break up, I get Finn. I love Artanny, "I thought adultery meant doing something stupid, like being an adult", it was cute. I loved that Mr. Schue finally lost it and reprimanded Rachel for her unsportsmanship.

I find Kurt's situation ironic. He gets safety but loses some of the liberties he was used to. And also, he gets his freedom by adapting and blending, something that doesn't really fit his personality. Not everything is happy at Dalton. As for the numbers, even though Sam & Quinn don't sing as good as Finn & Rachel, I think that it proved that New Directions as a whole is talented enough to at least win in sectionals, without having to depend on the captains.

And I loved Tina+Mercedes! Not to sound mean, but I hope that Rachel's depression for breaking up will allow the other Glee girls to get more solos between now and regionals. I wonder if Finn & Puck are back on good terms.
The story so far:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
Last night's episode was one of the strongest IMO. I think the main point was teamwork. I liked how Puck learned from his mistakes. And while it was painful to see Finnchel break up, I get Finn. I love Artanny, "I thought adultery meant doing something stupid, like being an adult", it was cute. I loved that Mr. Schue finally lost it and reprimanded Rachel for her unsportsmanship.

I find Kurt's situation ironic. He gets safety but loses some of the liberties he was used to. And also, he gets his freedom by adapting and blending, something that doesn't really fit his personality. Not everything is happy at Dalton. As for the numbers, even though Sam & Quinn don't sing as good as Finn & Rachel, I think that it proved that New Directions as a whole is talented enough to at least win in sectionals, without having to depend on the captains.

And I loved Tina+Mercedes! Not to sound mean, but I hope that Rachel's depression for breaking up will allow the other Glee girls to get more solos between now and regionals. I wonder if Finn & Puck are back on good terms.

I agree, though I didn't particularly like Quinn and Sam's duet. I also hate the fact that everyone is hating on Rachel. i get it-she's annoying! but still I wish she had at least one member of the Glee club who would properly stick up for her. I smell Puckleberry!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

I agree, though I didn't particularly like Quinn and Sam's duet. I also hate the fact that everyone is hating on Rachel. i get it-she's annoying! but still I wish she had at least one member of the Glee club who would properly stick up for her. I smell Puckleberry!
nah, I think Puck learned his lesson with Quinn. But I think Rachel will get involved in a diva fag/hag relationship with Kurt, the same way Mercedes does.
The story so far:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2010, 05:37:16 AM »

nah, I think Puck learned his lesson with Quinn. But I think Rachel will get involved in a diva fag/hag relationship with Kurt, the same way Mercedes does.

Rachel's casual talk with Kurt was cute IMO. So nice to see them happy together.

I think she's only there to substitute Kurt.

I think so too! :)

And the wedding was so cute! I clapped for the wedding unknowingly! Like it was a natural response. Also, I heard Blaine tries to seduce Kurt. OMG. And they are singing a Christmas song(Baby it's cold outside!) together! (you guys probably know it alr.)

OMG really? So is the seduction thing a good or bad thing? Don't answer, I can't wait for the X'mas eppy! It'll probably happen during/after they sang their X'mas duet.

The Finchel break-up saddened me. :( That's the second time they broke up wasn't it (well the first time was a really short one and I don't know if it counts as them dating)?

As for this episode, the result of the Sectionals was predictable, but I had to doubt it a bit because I thought it was unfair, but still, awesome. <3 Sam/Quinn duet wasn't that good but wasn't that bad either, and it was romantic. <3
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2010, 06:17:49 AM »
Not to sound mean, but I hope that Rachel's depression for breaking up will allow the other Glee girls to get more solos between now and regionals. I wonder if Finn & Puck are back on good terms.

MEAN.  :lol3:

But it kind of saddens me to know that Rachel have little or no friends. She's there when someone needs help but no one is there for her. I can't help but to pity her(even though she can come across as annoying sometimes), I still find her funny. In fact, I love all the characters in Glee. Especially Brittany. She's so hilarious! As you can see in my display picture!

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 06:21:31 AM »
OMG really? So is the seduction thing a good or bad thing? Don't answer, I can't wait for the X'mas eppy! It'll probably happen during/after they sang their X'mas duet.

I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing either...but the x'mas episode is next week!  :hearts:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »
Was I the only one that was let down by the fact that they tied at sectionals? I thought that was a cheap trick by the show to move both teams to regionals. I was hoping for a moment of sheer joy or disappointment when the winner was announced.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2010, 08:27:25 AM »
Was I the only one that was let down by the fact that they tied at sectionals? I thought that was a cheap trick by the show to move both teams to regionals. I was hoping for a moment of sheer joy or disappointment when the winner was announced.

Ditto! Foresaw that and though I didn't hate the fact, I didn't particularly like, or at least agree to the fact.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2010, 08:44:21 AM »

I wish they would just WIN, outright, just once.

Is it just me or are those "uniforms" from Dalton Academy hideously awful with the wide lapels and glaring red trm?  :colors

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »
Is it just me or are those "uniforms" from Dalton Academy hideously awful with the wide lapels and glaring red trm?  :colors

Was I the only one that though that Dalton academy was a metaphor for communism?
The story so far:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2010, 07:14:13 AM »

Was I the only one that though that Dalton academy was a metaphor for communism?

I hadn't thought about it in that way. Hmmmm.  They do seem to be more rigid and conformist at Dalton. Kurt is accustomed to being in a school where he can be a free spirit. He looks miserable and I suspect eventually he will be back to McKinley High.  :yess:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
Coming!

A Very Glee Christmas
Airs: TUE 8/7c DEC 7

On the Next Episode of GLEE...
Finn tries to bring a little holiday cheer to McKinley High, and Artie discovers that Brittany still believes in Santa. Meanwhile, the teachers pick their Secret Santas, and one manipulative coach rigs the gift-giving in her favor.

Source: http://www.fox.com/glee/recaps/

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »
I've read an article somewhere that the current Glee cast will be dumped once they "graduate" high school in Glee, and then they will be replaced by a fresh batch of students.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2010, 07:06:11 PM »
That does make sense doesn't it! 30 year old girls wearing cheerleader outfits, nah!  :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
Actually, the plan is to replace the cast who play seniors first, and so on by adding in people each year.  It's a device of necessity, but it does manage how to keep the show going after the first three seasons.

As long as they can keep up the talent pool, it should work out.
-- theschnauzers