Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 122117 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Neobie made that map banzai but he is very busy, if you only knew haha, I'm sure he will update it when he has time  :tup:

lol, I thought it was the official map from CBS.  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
heee...CBS only WISHES their map was half as nice!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Agree Chateau...

Although I wonder if each team member was given one from their own home state?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline abilify

• RFF Not So Newbie
FLC-131...?  :duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would LOL if these were their cars' plate numbers. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
First task looks difficult and surprising!

Oh yeah, I want to ask whether why CBS insists of an 8 country race. Is it because they didn't include the United States for it?

And if Vietnam is indeed two legs, gosh, All TAR seasons have 2 Vietnam legs, making it (I think) the country with the most 2 separate legs in a single country.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
Well if they're having 2 legs in Vietnam I'm hoping they would have one in Nha Trang just to have a coastal location for this season..

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
spontaneousss,

I saw an episode of Around the World For Free where Chris spent most of it in Nha Trang, although he was working cleaning hotel rooms and on a snorkeling/diving boat in the area most of the time.

Nha Trang looked like a nice place to visit.

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
spontaneousss,

I saw an episode of Around the World For Free where Chris spent most of it in Nha Trang, although he was working cleaning hotel rooms and on a snorkeling/diving boat in the area most of the time.

Nha Trang looked like a nice place to visit.

Yeah it was also the location for Miss Universe 2008 so it must be a really beautiful place  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I'm going to make the guess that the challenge was to see if teams would read the clue and properly interpret it.  It says to 'match the plate'.

So that means ignore the number on the plate.   That is why there are so many different kinds or plates from so many different states.

They have a picture of a plate from, say, Georgia and the number on it is 2SDF 764.  The correct choice will prove to be a plate from Georgia with the same peach stamp on it.  And that plate will have its own random numbers on it.

Fail to see this and you get to pick the best suite in Sequesterville.

I can't think of a better way to outsed a team due to not reading the clue properly. At least we will think they deserved it, rather than luck doing them in!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I'm going to make the guess that the challenge was to see if teams would read the clue and properly interpret it.  It says to 'match the plate'.

So that means ignore the number on the plate.   That is why there are so many different kinds or plates from so many different states.

They have a picture of a plate from, say, Georgia and the number on it is 2SDF 764.  The correct choice will prove to be a plate from Georgia with the same peach stamp on it.  And that plate will have its own random numbers on it.

I can't think of a better way to outsed a team due to not reading the clue properly. At least we will think they deserved it, rather than luck doing them in!

PS: I do not like the start line elimination twist, but at the same time.. you can't help but to want to watch excitement right from the beginning!!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
How come I could not figure out that those were license plates on the ground?   :groan:

Puddin, can you get video captures of all the frames with plates in them?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
When I was around 6 or 7, I had this huge obsession with collecting state license plates. I would kill in this tassk!  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
not sure what you need Chateau

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I'm not really sure either  :lol: 

Ericka & Brian have already selected their first try.  I wonder if the task was so cruel so as to give the racers modified pictures of the plate with numbers that actually turn up on the wrong plate from the fence.

I used to have California Yosemite plates.  We have half a dozen different flavors!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :funny: Find 2 plates from the same state where the sum of the digits is a prime number.  :colors
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
This challenge will be interesting to watch. Too bad it will send one team home too early.

So if there are license plates on the ground, then doesn't that mean that they would have to take the correct one off the wall and bring it to Phil?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline The Amazing Race

• RFF Full Member
That will be a great 2-hour season premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
That will be a great 2-hour season premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

With two legs in 2 hours, it gives us fewer weeks and no more airtime of the race as a whole. I'm not so happy about it. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Not to get off topic, I think everyone ignored my post on how I survived a japanese game show could be in the first leg because of the "JAPANESE GAME SHOW" Spoiler?
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not to get off topic, I think everyone ignored my post on how I survived a japanese game show could be in the first leg because of the "JAPANESE GAME SHOW" Spoiler?

I don't think that's the case due to the following reasons:
The preview showed a different set from  the one at Majide.
Majide is not a real Japanese game show
ISAJGS is from the ABC network (TAR is from CBS), so I think they wouldn't cross-over (or do American rival networks do so?)
The host may be the same actor, though.
There are too many actual Japanese Game Shows to feature a fake one created for another reality show.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh and the title HAS to be about 6'9' NATE, perhaps said by Herbert?? :jumpy:

He would def tower over the diminuative Japanese. :lol:

perhaps said by anyone on the cast... maybe someone made a jokey comment about either nate or herbert...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
ABC Studios owns a part-interest in TAR, abd Disney, which owns ABC, handles TAR's international distribution. And Sony, headquartered in Japan, carries TAR on its intnerational satellite channnel, AXN.

So it's entirely possible that the Japanese entities involved with ISAJGS could be involved with this leg; even if its not the actual ISAJGS production.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

PS: I do not like the start line elimination twist, but at the same time.. you can't help but to want to watch excitement right from the beginning!!

In past races, I always secretly hope the first leg would be NEL so that we could get to know the teams better before the first one was Philiminated.

I am intrigued about someone not even making the drive to LAX!

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster

I can not wait for the premiere of TAR 15. i want the poker girls win the first leg of the race :D.