Author Topic: Who knew? By SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE  (Read 3703 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Who knew? By SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE
« on: May 08, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »
'Survivor' Insider: Who knew? Big Tom's departure is a sizable surprise

By SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE

Well, come Sunday, it will be goodbye to "Survivor All-Stars" and, with just the finale episode left, I feel sad. What will I do on Thursday nights?

EDITOR'S NOTE
  As those who watched Sandra Diaz-Twine win the million on "Survivor: Pearl Islands" know, she isn't afraid to speak her mind. Here's what she had to say about last week's "Survivor All-Stars" episode, in which Big Tom said too much and got the boot. The finale airs Sunday night at 8 on CBS/7.

First of all, a big wow about Big Tom. Who would have figured? Rob and Amber told him Jenna was going home, to write her name down, and just as they commanded he performed. So now, as you said after you were voted off, "If I can live with it, you can live with it and we will both live happily ever after."

I thought it would have been Rupert, but never in my wildest dreams did I think Big Tom was the target. But I'm disappointed in Big Tom 'cause he fell for Rob's trap about Rupert confessing that Rob was the target. Then, when Rob won immunity and called Big Tom over, and Big Tom told on himself when he mentioned he was the swing vote, I think Rob at that point decided Big Tom had to go.

Poor Rupert. He's gone through a lot these past few days. First Rob is standing right behind him and Jenna, just as they are both pointing out that now is the time to get rid of Rob. Rupert, I have to say you handled yourself rather nicely when being confronted by Big Tom, per Rob's request. So much paranoia and so little time, but Rupert never backed down. He even managed to get his story straight even if a few things were a little far-fetched -- unlike Big Tom, who was stuttering and you couldn't understand half they things he was saying.

Now on to the reward challenge. Jeff did say that of all the Survivors who had won a car during a challenge, no one ever went on to win the million. Hopefully this is true, and if that's the case, we can rule out Rob and Amber (who got a car as well when Rob chose her as his "date"). Rupert has his fingers crossed that it's a hex. Unfortunately, I truly believe that either Rob or Amber will go on to be the "Survivor All-Star" champ!

Poor Jenna, she really looked upset to hear Amber speak of the car she had won. I would have kept that car a secret till the end, but that's just me. Anyway, even though Rupert said congratulations, I don't think he meant it. Big Tom didn't say much.

Rob again won immunity. Before it's all over, I bet he will be wearing the immunity necklace one or two more times, mark my words. How do I expect the final four to go down? Well, Rupert, will be the next one gone, followed by Jenna, leaving Amber and Rob as the final two.

In the finale, Amber or Rob will win the immunity challenge and take the other along. This will leave the person not selected very upset and ensure that the person left out will not give their million-dollar vote to whomever didn't choose them for the final two.

THE PLAYERS

In the "All-Star" incarnation of "Survivor," the tribes have been merged to one. Players in bold have been voted out.

CHAPERA: Amber Brkich (Australian Outback), "Big Tom" Buchanan (Africa), Alicia Calaway (Outback), Rob Cesternino (Amazon), Susan Hawk (Borneo), Rob Mariano (Marquesas), Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands), Jenna Lewis (Pulau Tiga).

SABOGA: Rudy Boesch (Borneo) and Tina Wesson (Outback winner).

MOGO MOGO: Colby Donaldson (Outback), Richard Hatch (Borneo winner), Shii Ann Huang (Thailand), Jenna Morasca (Amazon winner), Lex van den Berghe (Africa), Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (Marquesas), Ethan Zohn (Africa winner) and Jerri Manthey (Outback).

Sandra Diaz-Twine lives with her husband and two children at Fort Lewis. Contact her at sdiaztwine@yahoo.com.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/172446_survivor08.html

Theresa

Re: Who knew? By SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 12:18:53 AM »
Thanks i like her stories...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:20:48 AM »
Tks theresa..I love her insight  :;>)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 12:59:22 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Talk about being dead on with her prediction.  She's good.

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 11:59:15 AM »
Shes a writer now??????