Author Topic: S19: Ben Browning, a mixologist from Los Angeles, CA  (Read 7533 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19: Ben Browning, a mixologist from Los Angeles, CA
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
Ben Browning, a mixologist from Los Angeles, CA

Ben
Biography
Ben Browning (28)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Ben Browning is a transplanted country boy helping to run some of the most successful bars and restaurants in Los Angeles. A bar supervisor and drink mixologist, Ben is often seen with a girl on each arm and boldly claims he’s never been rejected.
“I’m one of those people that just get lucky for some reason, if I want it, I do what I have to do to get it.”

Growing up in Kirksville, Missouri, Ben’s parents raised him with a strict set of morals and instilled in him a strong work ethic.  His parents would always be there to whip Ben into shape whenever necessary. 

Ben has worked hard for all he has in life and says “I don’t like cry babies, I like people who work their asses off, like people from where I’m from.” He is also quick to admit that the one thing he can’t stand is “whiners and wimps.”

When he is not hunting or fishing, Ben can probably be found on his motorcycle. Despite breaking his leg in a wreck in 2007, he is still an active rider and even part of a motorcycle club called “WhiskyBoys.” Described by friends as “a big hillbilly who will be rich someday,” Ben intends to leave his mark on the game of SURVIVOR.

Ben is single and currently resides in Los Angeles, Calif. His birth date is August 28th.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:08:11 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19: Ben Browning, a mixologist from Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »
from CBS

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
I really thought there would be a Ben this season (pure guess). But the person I thought that was Ben was John. -_-
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
Ben is often seen with a girl on each arm and boldly claims he’s never been rejected.
“I’m one of those people that just get lucky for some reason, if I want it, I do what I have to do to get it.”

:res:

Neutral, slanting towards dislike.

Jury is the furthest he can go, but won't win. I say he's the after merge first jury boot or what?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
Ooh his birthday passed, same as the cast release. lol
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »
There are portions that make me like him, and portions that make me dislike him. Neutral for now.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »
Survivor's Ben Browning: "It's Not Like I Hit a Girl"

* Oct 2, 2009 03:19 PM ET
    * by Kate Stanhope

Ben Browning was only the third contestant sent packing on Survivor: Samoa, but the 28-year-old bar manager still managed to snag himself a spot in the Survivor hall of shame thanks to his physical and verbal antics. During his brief stay on the island, Browning was accused of being a racist after a dramatic falling out with Yasmin Giles, and earned the dismal distinction of becoming the first Survivor cast mate ever to be thrown out of a challenge.

Despite his now-notorious reputation, Browning tells us why he has no regrets and picks which cast members he wants to take home the title.

TVGuide.com: How did it feel to be the first person ever to be thrown out of a challenge for being too rowdy? When Yasmin confronted you afterwards you didn't seem very apologetic.
BB: I think everybody will agree that it was pretty rough and I got singled out. What I did was not that bad. There were head butts and punches and elbows and all kinds of stuff going on, so for me to trip somebody? There was never a rule that we couldn't. You know, s---happens.

Meet Survivor: Samoa's new set of castaways

TVGuide.com: The fight with Yasmin was the first big argument of this season and seemed to put a lot of people on your tribe against you. Do you have any regrets?
BB: I thought everyone else was just being a little too sensitive about everything. If somebody comes in to my house and tries to tell me what's what, that just doesn't fly. They were saying I don't respect women? Give me a break. I've got a huge family, I've got three sisters. I was raised by girls. It's just funny to me. You want equal treatment? I'll give you equal treatment. It's not like I hit a girl or anything like that. It was strictly me sticking up for my tribe and them not appreciating it.

TVGuide.com: Was it hard to see viewers and tribe members label you as a racist after that confrontation?
BB: Not at all, I just think it's funny. I'm so not racist that it makes me laugh. Will I call somebody out? Sure. Will I try to piss somebody off by saying something? Sure. Does that make me a racist? No. It might make me a cruel and witty bastard if I can get somebody so fired up over something I say. I really don't care what people think. I know who I am. My friends and family know me and love me. It's just really funny to me. Anybody who knows me, knows me. Anybody who doesn't, I don't really care.

TVGuide.com: On this week's episode, some of your teammates argued you didn't add anything to the team but you seem convinced they wouldn't be able to get by without you. What did you think about that?
BB: I can't say why they were thinking what they were thinking. But that's just the way it unfolded. I'm curious to see how everybody did without me because I made Foa Foa's camp.

TVGuide.com: After being eliminated from the challenge and the fight with Yasmin, it seemed you might be headed home last week. Were you surprised you were sent home this time around, especially when Russell [Hantz] was pushing for you to stay?
BB: Russell is playing a game. So if people wanted me gone and that was a sacrifice he had to make, that was a sacrifice he had to make. I don't have any hard feelings. I thought it was a cool experience and I thought everybody was interesting.

TVGuide.com: At this point in the game, do you have any favorites to make it all the way or anyone you're rooting for?
BB: I'm not really sure, I just have to wait and see. I have hopes that a couple people get pretty far. I'd like to see Russell win it. He's the one playing the game so I think he deserves to win.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of playing the game, do you think Russell was right when he said he's the only one playing the game right now?
BB: I think Russell is pretty much right on. As soon as he got out there, he got busy being a little social butterfly and going around talking to every single person. He saturated himself with everybody but he played it smart. It's funny because he's a millionaire and they say a millionaire has a better chance of making a million dollars than a regular guy. Russell came to play so you have to give it up for him.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivor-Ben-Browning-1010431.aspx

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »
a mixoligest is he friends with bb's memphes???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
Lol, that's funny b/c he acts like Memphis too in terms of bein kind of a jerk.

I was sad to see him go though, he made it interesting with the fighting and tension.

But hey, Russell's still there. He's probably going real far too. Probst said Russell would either leave early or stay late in the game. Looks like it's the latter.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
Ben is often seen with a girl on each arm and boldly claims he’s never been rejected.

:res:

Neutral, slanting towards dislike.

Jury is the furthest he can go, but won't win. I say he's the after merge first jury boot or what?

Nearly there, he sure didn't win.