Author Topic: S19: Ashley Trainer, a spa sales rep from Maple Oak, MN  (Read 7829 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19: Ashley Trainer, a spa sales rep from Maple Oak, MN
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »
Ashley Trainer, a spa sales rep from Maple Oak, MN

Ashley
Biography
Ashley Trainer (22)
Hometown: Maple Grove, Minn.

This 22 year-old woman describes herself as funny, outgoing and flirty, with an emphasis on flirty. Ashley once moved to San Diego for a relationship that did not work out, but now this bubbly former competitive cheerleader plans to use her flirty ways to endear herself to and at the same time manipulate the male castaways. Not only relying on her womanly wiles, Ashley feels that her strong determination will get her far in the game. She claims that she usually gets whatever she wants as long as she puts her heart and mind to it.

In her spare time, Ashley loves kickboxing, watching movies, and shopping. She describes her perfect day as sleeping in followed by working out and shopping, then ending her day with a nice dinner and a movie. During her time away from home, she will miss her mother, whom she describes as her best friend. She will also miss her favorite comfort item, which is her pillow.

Ashley works in a very competitive commission based sales job where she can sell almost anything. She has no qualms about selling items that she hates as long as it helps her reach her quota. She hopes that her “get it done” attitude will win her the title of Sole Survivor. Her first purchase, should she take home the grand prize, would be a condo or new house.

Currently, Ashley resides in Maple Grove, Minn. Her birth date is February 27th.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:07:26 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19: Ashley Trainer, a spa sales rep from Maple Oak, MN
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:31:53 PM »
from CBS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:47:52 AM »
Pre-jury boot IMO. But she doesn't seem b***hy to get on people's nerve?

Maybe perceive as weak...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
Survivor's Ashley Reveals Tribe's Weakest Links and Secret for Success

* Oct 16, 2009 01:52 PM ET
    * by Kate Stanhope

Ashley Trainer, Survivor: Samoa

One week after (finally) winning its first immunity challenge, the Foa Foa tribe found itself back in the losers' circle on Thursday's Survivor: Samoa. The heavy rain not only kept the entire tribe in close quarters, but it also put a huge damper on any chance of strategizing who to vote off at tribal council. After Ashley Trainer failed to keep her Samoa smoothie down and lost the reward challenge for Foa Foa, the 22-year-old paid the price and walked the plank.

Now back on dry land and looking for a "big-girl job," the recent college graduate spoke with TVGuide.com about that gruesome reward challenge, Foa Foa's weakest links and what she would have done differently.

TVGuide.com: Were you surprised about being voted off? Obviously it was a very interesting tribal council with the weather and everything.
Ashley Trainer: At first, I felt very safe at the tribal council. Then once everyone started talking, I realized they were talking about me [as] who they were going to vote out. But we were all stuck in the shelter — this was the fourth day of rain — and I had no time to strategize even if I had known I was going to get voted out. I got voted out at the worst possible time because I couldn't help myself in any way.

TVGuide.com: Was there any indication from your tribe that you might be the one to go after the reward challenge?
Ashley: I talked to everyone after and I wasn't the only one who had a hard time getting [the food] down ... other people had just as hard of a time as me. They showed a little clip of me and Natalie sitting on the beach and how proud of me she was. I didn't feel like that was the reason that I got voted off and I didn't think that that would have been the reason I got voted off. But honestly, I don't know what their entire reasoning is behind it.

Check out of photos from Survivor: Samoa

TVGuide.com: What was going through your mind during the reward challenge when you were trying to get that drink down?
Ashley: Going through it, my tribe was cheering me on as the other tribe was egging me on, making these gagging noises and saying these horrible things. I just kept thinking in my head, "steak, steak, steak," and trying to get it down. My body was literally rejecting it. I would try to swallow and it would come right back up. That was the rule: If it comes back up, you either eat it or you don't get the points, so I was like, "OK, keep this down." It was horrible, absolutely horrible.

TVGuide.com: How did the tone on the Foa Foa tribe shift after your first win last week and then losing both the reward and the immunity challenge this week?
Ashley: Being stuck in the shelter was horrible, but at the same time, we got to know each other so much better than we would have if it had been nice outside. We're huddled in a ball ... we really, truly felt that we were all connected. We were like a little family out there and I feel like that's something that we had that Galu did not have. We all trusted each other to a certain extent, as much as you can in the game. I feel like Galu doesn't have that so I'm hoping that with the next challenges to come, [Foa Foa] can get it together. Maybe there's something that has to do with trust and Galu just can't do it. That's something that we had that Galu did not have for sure.

TVGuide.com: Going back to your tribe, Jaison [Robinson] seemed to complain a lot, but at the same time contributed a lot to challenges. What was your feeling on him?
Ashley: I look at this way, with the game of Survivor, if you are good in the challenge and you can help us win, it's worth hearing him complain around camp because the challenge is how you get far in the game. If you win the immunity challenge, you don't have to go to tribal council, you don't have to lose people. At times, it got to be a little old because he kept saying, "This is the worst decision I've ever made in my life," and yada, yada, yada. But at the same time, he's physically very, very, very strong, especially his swimming.

TVGuide.com: In this last episode you said you didn't trust Liz [Kim] from the beginning. What caused those feelings?
Ashley: When I wanted Ben [Browning] out instead of Betsy [Bolan], I approach Liz and I tell her why I believe we should get Ben out. Immediately, I watched her go directly to Ben right after I talked to her about getting Ben out, and I knew exactly what she was saying. Then I watched her go to Russell [Hantz]. I knew that the second I talked to her and I was done with it, I was like "crap," because I knew she went and she would tell people. That was the pinpoint when it was like, "I can't trust her." That sucks too; you have an alliance with someone but you can't trust them. You can't go to them with possibly a girl alliance, which I wanted to happen, because I knew that was the only way I could make it to the end ... You can't go to someone that you can't trust and who's going to go directly to someone else and tell them what's going on? That's not the way the game works.

TVGuide.com: What, if anything, would you change about your Survivor experience?
Ashley: If I could go with all the exact same people, I would have trusted my [instinct]. I had a really bad feeling about Russell the second we got on the island, a horrible feeling, but he approached me. When you get approached, I didn't want to blow him off, but then he made me trust him so much. I would have probably tried to get a girl alliance going, maybe Betsy and Natalie and Liz ... I probably would have done it a little bit different[ly] but I did the best with what I had on my tribe ... The rain was a killer and I just wonder if [it didn't rain], what would have happened.

TVGuide.com: Did the combination of the reward challenge and the bad weather make it any easier for you to leave?
Ashley: You think about it and you're like, "Yes! Today I get a bed and I get a shower and some food." But, at the same time, I was doing this once-in-a-lifetime thing that I suddenly have no choice of leaving ... It was nice, but I would have loved to have stayed and played longer.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivors-Ashley-Reveals-1010962.aspx

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »
Thanks for the article puddin :tup: Keep them coming every week!

Well was I kind of hoping for people to realise 'the ugly truth' behind Russel and vote him out instead but the storm has calmed him down a lot and taken away his ability to plot, so I don't think most people are going to 'see' his reality any time soon. And when it comes to challenges, I understand why everyone sees Ashley as the weakest link. Although she was one of my initial favourites, I didn't feel that bad seeing her go cause I think it has made the tribe stronger in a way. And I really appreciated the way she took her elimination and wished the best for her tribe, infact I respect all the castaways who are able to take their elimination well. And not to mention she looked cute ;) gonna miss her shot in the intro.

But I don't get this; in tribal council she said she trusted Natalie & Russel the most but here she mentions about getting a bad vibe from Russel from the start but didn't want to turn him down when he approached her. I understand her not wanting to refuse a person who's approached you even though you sense something bad about that person, but why would you say your 'Biggest Trust' lies with someone who gives you a 'horrible feeling'.

Anyway I still wished she made it to the jury and I really really hope Foa Foa doesn't have to send off any more members (except Russel, which I don't see happening before the merge) cause I like all of them, especially Mick, Liz and Natalie. And is Liz really conniving as Ashley mention? She kicks some butt at he challenges though, I liked it when Erik commented 'this girl's insane'!

Oh and Russel, he's voting off the mebers of his 'dumb blonde' alliance one by one!

Goodbye Ashley :waves:

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Well was I kind of hoping for people to realise 'the ugly truth' behind Russel and vote him out instead but the storm has calmed him down a lot and taken away his ability to plot, so I don't think most people are going to 'see' his reality any time soon. And when it comes to challenges, I understand why everyone sees Ashley as the weakest link. Although she was one of my initial favourites, I didn't feel that bad seeing her go cause I think it has made the tribe stronger in a way. And I really appreciated the way she took her elimination and wished the best for her tribe, infact I respect all the castaways who are able to take their elimination well. And not to mention she looked cute ;) gonna miss her shot in the intro.

But I don't get this; in tribal council she said she trusted Natalie & Russel the most but here she mentions about getting a bad vibe from Russel from the start but didn't want to turn him down when he approached her. I understand her not wanting to refuse a person who's approached you even though you sense something bad about that person, but why would you say your 'Biggest Trust' lies with someone who gives you a 'horrible feeling'.

Anyway I still wished she made it to the jury and I really really hope Foa Foa doesn't have to send off any more members (except Russel, which I don't see happening before the merge) cause I like all of them, especially Mick, Liz and Natalie. And is Liz really conniving as Ashley mention? She kicks some butt at he challenges though, I liked it when Erik commented 'this girl's insane'!

Oh and Russel, he's voting off the mebers of his 'dumb blonde' alliance one by one!

Russell's in it for the long haul. I remember Probst said that he'd either be one of the first eliminated or one of the last people in the show.

Russell walks that fine line between villain and a believable partner but he's smart enough to do it. I find him enjoyable and good for the show.

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »

Russell's in it for the long haul. I remember Probst said that he'd either be one of the first eliminated or one of the last people in the show.

Russell walks that fine line between villain and a believable partner but he's smart enough to do it. I find him enjoyable and good for the show.

I agree! As much as I hate Russel, I think he makes the show more intersting to watch for me...I kinda love to hate him :lol: I just hope the he doesn't target any of my favourites, but it looks like he wants to take Liz down the next time Foa Foa loses immunity. Ohhh, I just hope Foa Foa gets it together .

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
Russell is painful to watch and i'll rather him go than Ashley or any other Survivor. I'll rather watch nice people play and see how they turn into villians in order to win the money, rather than people who are already evil and doing more evil to win the money. -_-